Hunting near non hunting areas

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

kybuck79

Hunting near non hunting areas

Unread postby kybuck79 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:29 am

Anyone have hints on hunting farms near national park areas where deer may travel over to food plots and such at night but seldomly during daylight hours?

mheichelbech
500 Club
Facebook: mheichelbech@gmail.com

Re: Hunting near non hunting areas

Unread postby mheichelbech » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:27 pm

Don’t discount that they may spend more time around the food than you think. A lot depends on the layout of the hunting ground, pressure, etc. Watch for bucks bedding spots you’d never think a buck would bed in.

One area I hunted, I jumped one of the biggest bucks I’ve ever seen on the hoof out of thick, brushy sinkhole right by the road and surrounded by empty Ag fields. We were rabbit hunting the day after deer season had closed. His bed had clearly been used consistently as it was worn to the dirt. Was amazing to see really.
"One of the chief attractions of the life of the wilderness is its rugged and stalwart democracy; there every man stands for what he actually is and can show himself to be." — Theodore Roosevelt, 1893
Evanszach7

Re: Hunting near non hunting areas

Unread postby Evanszach7 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:31 pm

"Hike" the national park a couple days in a row to bump the bucks to where you can hunt them.

Return to “Deer Hunting”