Beasting Finland...

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
Uncle Lou

Re: Beasting Finland...

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:58 am

How cool.
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
Kokes
500 Club

Unread postby Kokes » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:37 pm

Tsom wrote:
Hawthorne wrote:I have a friend that is Finnish from the upper peninsula of Michigan. A bunch migrated their years ago. They say the land is similar to Finland so can see how the Whitetails could flourish there. That’s really cool there is a beast following

Yep there's lots of finns in the U.P. that's where my family immigrated to in the late 1800s.

Lots of Finns in Northern Ontario also...you can tell which places they own on the Lake as theyve got a sauna right near the shoreline :) those Finns are smart people!!
Tsom
500 Club

Unread postby Tsom » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:08 pm

Kokes wrote:
Tsom wrote:
Hawthorne wrote:I have a friend that is Finnish from the upper peninsula of Michigan. A bunch migrated their years ago. They say the land is similar to Finland so can see how the Whitetails could flourish there. That’s really cool there is a beast following

Yep there's lots of finns in the U.P. that's where my family immigrated to in the late 1800s.

Lots of Finns in Northern Ontario also...you can tell which places they own on the Lake as theyve got a sauna right near the shoreline :) those Finns are smart people!!

I would love to have my sauna on a lake but I'll have to stick to mine at home with the pool next to it. Just lit it I might add!
IMG_20201013_095337566.jpg
Pretty neat.. Theres a lake just over the border in mass where a bunch of finns had camps with saunas on the shore. The road that goes around the lake is named Sauna Row rd.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
megavites

Unread postby megavites » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:46 pm

Yup, he's Beasty! Congrats! Love watching these tactics anywhere they can be put to use!
Google translate says "its a great thing that we have good dogs in Finland and then are allowed by law to use them so that's a damn good thing"
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:02 am

Big congrats Antti nice buck! I have always liked the Finns, they have a lot in common with us upper midwest guys.
sureshotscott
500 Club

Unread postby sureshotscott » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:59 am

If that guy is following this thread, thank you for the english subtitles.
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:17 am

A good friend sent me this pic taken in Finland several years ago. What a bute!
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:22 am

I sense a Public Land Challenge in Finland in the near future. :think:
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:35 am

Dewey wrote:I sense a Public Land Challenge in Finland in the near future. :think:

I wanna see one in California :lol:
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
AnttiArkku

Unread postby AnttiArkku » Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:34 am

Hello everybody! Greetings from Finland. I want to thank everyone for their congratulations. Whitetail Deer is very important to us. Last hunting season, 50,000 moose hunting permits and 58,000 deer hunting permits were granted in Finland. Here's two trail cam pictures taken from the same scrape.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Juha

Unread postby Juha » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:00 am

Tsom wrote:Awesome! I grew up hearing the finnish language often having finnish american grandparents on both sides. I can pick up a few words like good, morning, dog, and coffee. Wish I understood more of it. Congrats Antti!

We are working to have the English subtitles available for this latest video hopefully for next week. Stay tuned. The second one from previous year that Dan also posted has English subtitles.
Tsom
500 Club

Unread postby Tsom » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:46 am

Juha wrote:
Tsom wrote:Awesome! I grew up hearing the finnish language often having finnish american grandparents on both sides. I can pick up a few words like good, morning, dog, and coffee. Wish I understood more of it. Congrats Antti!

We are working to have the English subtitles available for this latest video hopefully for next week. Stay tuned. The second one from previous year that Dan also posted has English subtitles.

Nice! I Subscribed.
bigredneck61088

Unread postby bigredneck61088 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:34 pm

Awesome! I have been following the kipina channel for a while, my wife’s family is from Finland and they came to the US around the early 1900s and ended up in Pennsylvania, they still have a lot of relatives in Haapavesi, Helsinki, and Laihia areas, a few of them are big time moose and duck hunters from her visits over there, they take a trip to visit every few years....

I might have to tag along with my bow now! And my wife won’t stop about trying get me to build a sauna, my fin in laws are building one at our cabin in the mountains soon

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”