How to hunt new property

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Cstark001

How to hunt new property

Unread postby Cstark001 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:58 am

I recently got permission to hunt a small farm that no one else hunts down the road from my house. It is completely surrounded by corn. I sat on the tree line in the field as an observation stand and saw 5 doe. Any advice on where I should go next? I've never been in the woods, but I know area bucks live in there. Should I just go in and scout then hunt? Anything obvious from the picture? Thanks in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

A5BLASTER
500 Club

Re: How to hunt new property

Unread postby A5BLASTER » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:57 am

Me personally. I would start where I seen the does enter the feild and do a lil meat hunting, then when weather and wind conditions permit I would start slipping in for some scout and hunt sits and slowly peice the puzzle toghter as to where,when,why and how and if there are buck(s) on it are useing it worth chasing.

But I'm a very methodical person and dont mind taking 2 or more years to peice everything together. And I have a few small private pieces to hunt like this.
Thesouthpaw
500 Club

Unread postby Thesouthpaw » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:46 am

I would definitely comb the entire property and learn as much about it as possible now.
Anything worth doing, is worth over doing.
Zephyrus
Facebook: Jason L Anderson

Unread postby Zephyrus » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:15 am

Have you considered bedding in this area?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I welcome constructive criticism to any of my comments, because Knowledge is Power!
Cstark001

Unread postby Cstark001 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:40 am

Zephyrus wrote:Have you considered bedding in this area?

Yes, when I went that's where the 5 doe were bedded. Those trees are also oaks. Makes me wonder it the bucks are bedded back on the edge of the bigger piece of timber by the ditch.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”