Honest assessment of The Hunting Beast

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

oldrank

Honest assessment of The Hunting Beast

Unread postby oldrank » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:49 am

Guys, I found Dan in about 2008. Found him again after he started The Hunting Beast and have been here for almost 7 years I think. If I'm right isn't this 10 years for the forum??

Anyhow. Since then, I have met Dan at our Michigan workshop and had a couple phone conversations among my interactions on here.

I just want to thank him for what he has taught me. There may be days I take what he has provided for granted but the reality is he has been a very influential person in my life.

So I just want to say here is to 10 years of success to the forum. Thanks Dan. I seriously think you are on a level in this sport we all love, that in the end may parallel the best.
It may not be for your videos or your tree stand and sticks but simply the willingness to interact and teach your fellow hunters. Congrats on 10 years.

Ryan549
500 Club

Re: Honest assessment of The Hunting Beast

Unread postby Ryan549 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:55 am

Nowadays everyone is quick to point out faults or place blame. I think it is very respectable that you had these positive thoughts and put them out for everyone to see. I’m sure that your intended target will feel this deep in their soul- for it is not their fame or fortune that you appreciate, but their character. I enjoyed reading your post.
Ryan
john1984

Unread postby john1984 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:22 am

Best site on the Web by far 8-)
Ghost Hunter

Unread postby Ghost Hunter » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:37 am

Dan goes out of his way to share what he has learned over years. That is rare in most any hunting level. There has been some changes over years. But, that is expected with any website. This is a website I visit on a daily basis 24/7/365.
I'm reason they call it hunting and not shooting.
Hawthorne
500 Club

Unread postby Hawthorne » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:00 pm

This is the best place and Dan is the man. I wouldn’t know who a lot of my hero’s are if I wouldn’t of found the Hunting Beast
seazofcheeze
500 Club

Unread postby seazofcheeze » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:06 pm

oldrank wrote:Guys, I found Dan in about 2008. Found him again after he started The Hunting Beast and have been here for almost 7 years I think. If I'm right isn't this 10 years for the forum??

Anyhow. Since then, I have met Dan at our Michigan workshop and had a couple phone conversations among my interactions on here.

I just want to thank him for what he has taught me. There may be days I take what he has provided for granted but the reality is he has been a very influential person in my life.

So I just want to say here is to 10 years of success to the forum. Thanks Dan. I seriously think you are on a level in this sport we all love, that in the end may parallel the best.
It may not be for your videos or your tree stand and sticks but simply the willingness to interact and teach your fellow hunters. Congrats on 10 years.

Amen! Dan, keep up the good fight!
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:08 pm

Congrats and thanks indeed.

Dan and y'all have put me in the game, something that would have taken me a lot longer than if I just went out sitting on the edge of a fielding the way the first guys showed me how to do when I started 2.5 years ago.

I might be making what I'm doing too difficult by over-thinking stuff, but finding deer in places I've never been to before is something that could only have happened with a place like this.
Last edited by greenhorndave on Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:09 pm

For myself I guess I always look for things I can personally relate to. When I came up hunting whitetails, hunting was big business everyone had a “big secret” at first always wondered why I had to work so dang hard at it when everything out there made it seem so easy as long as I buy whatever. Bout that same time 6 minute abs was all the rage, that is until 5 minute abs came onto the scene! Guess I always appreciated someone that says what I witnessed in years of struggle. The big secret in the real world is work for everything u get. No free lunch, guarantees are for folks who buy high dollar microwaves not real world hunting. Happy 10th :clap:
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:25 pm

oldrank wrote:Guys, I found Dan in about 2008. Found him again after he started The Hunting Beast and have been here for almost 7 years I think. If I'm right isn't this 10 years for the forum??

I really appreciate those comments... It seems like so many people come here, enjoy, learn, and grow as hunters, and then you see them somewhere else bashing me and the site.
I think a lot of the hunters here will grow into better hunters and better people, than I was / am, simply by giving them a good start in the right direction learning from our failures and our success much faster than we learned in the woods, and taking it beyond where I have taken it. I put this site together with the best group of hunters I knew. I not only taught people, but in return, you have taught me a thing or two. We lost many of those people over the years to facebook, and as I try to reach more people I am being stretched father as well... It means a lot to me that you, and a lot of the others still on here from the beginning, have learned, grew, and taught, and never left. Its great that people like you are giving back and helping the new people coming on board. I also think if we did not have the great group of Moderators controlling mean and hateful comments and removing bullies, we would not have the level of learning we have. There are a lot of great hunters here who would never comment or give advice if every time they talked they were insulted like on a lot of other sites. Im not in this to make treestands, or to make videos, Im in this cause I believe people who hunt are better people, it teaches work ethic, it teaches you to respect life, you cant help but get good with God if you spend enough time in the amazing outdoors. And successful hunters keep hunting, and get others involved. If every person on earth got to experience the crunch of a leaves as a giant buck was walking in on a cold November morning, I have to think the world would be a better place.This site really is not about me, your all a big part or steering the beast in the right direction, helping answer questions, posting what you learned or the amazing things that happened on your hunt. I really appreciate these words right now when I watch people I once looked up to spread hate about me and try to divide us, but your a big part of the success too. I always look forward to see what "OLDRANK" has to say on a subject, as well as a lot of the other veterans. It almost seems like we are a family of brothers and sisters.
cspot
500 Club

Unread postby cspot » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:36 pm

:clap:
PK_
500 Club

Unread postby PK_ » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:42 pm

8-)
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal
1STRANGEWILDERNESS
500 Club

Unread postby 1STRANGEWILDERNESS » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:58 pm

I had a thought about Dan today when reading boogies post about people shooting mega bucks supposed on public and it being kinda fishy. I thought man god only knows my story on a buck may not add up because the likelihood I tell anyone where I actually shot it is just not good. If I had a few beers I might drop the lip but for the most part I was trained at a young age to remain tight lipped when it comes to outdoor hotspots Fish, ducks, deer. If I’m at a local establishment and I’m confronted about it by a few random locals ..I’m gonna put em at least a mile off the mark. Maybe a different town.. Maybe a different county lol unless I know the person and have a very high level of respect for them.

Then there’s Dan. Here guys lemme take you out on this public land and show you some spots I hunt and killed some nice ones so I can teach you :lol: I can’t quite afford to do that yet. Probably won’t be for many years.

Then last year he had some follies, deer he didn’t hit in the boiler room. Most people would’ve just deleted that video.. He posts it for all to see. Being as I had the same thing going on last season it really helped me to let it go and just keep pushing on. A few of my buddies even were like how are you bouncing back from that. I’d be sick, I wouldn’t sleep etc .. I kind of was. Could’ve been my best season ever. Heck even though I didn’t put two monsters in the back of my truck maybe it was my best season yet. I had a lot of fun.
I got a big boost from that can’t hardly hit em video

Dan is a Very admirable guy and I sure do appreciate this forum he created. Wish I would’ve known about it sooner.
don’t be broadcasting when you should be tuning in
backstraps

Unread postby backstraps » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:00 pm

I couldnt echo what Oldrank stated enough!

Keep up the good fight Dan! There are many more Beast on this site that truly appreciates you and everything you do for us common hunters! I know at times it is easy to focus on all the negative bashing you hear... but just remember there are more of us that supports you and would have your back than not!!

T H A N K Y O U !!
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:08 pm

:clap:
Never give up Freedom for imagined safety.
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:21 pm

:text-bravo: :text-goodpost: oldrank

Another thanx from myself to Dan!!!
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”