Solunar tables (free) vs moon guides $$

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

mheichelbech
500 Club
Facebook: mheichelbech@gmail.com

Solunar tables (free) vs moon guides $$

Unread postby mheichelbech » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:36 am

Anyone know what the difference is between free solunar tables you can see online versus say...the Adam Hayes moon guide?

It seems to me if you know what the moon position may mean for deer movement then you can easily replicate the moon guide..

This is not about whether you believe the moon impacts movement, just curious about the diff between the two.

"One of the chief attractions of the life of the wilderness is its rugged and stalwart democracy; there every man stands for what he actually is and can show himself to be." — Theodore Roosevelt, 1893
Boogieman1
500 Club

Re: Solunar tables (free) vs moon guides $$

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:16 pm

No difference IMO. There's some free fishing moon calendars that give u all kinds of lunar data including spikes in Dcv's
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
Polish Hammer1

Unread postby Polish Hammer1 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:00 pm

One thing I never understood was the red moon phase thenover head and under foot had to meet the rise and fall of the sun but seemed so vague as in within 2 hours eaither way that’s what threw me off so wouldn’t there be like 4 hours of “prime time” idk I know it’s all. Right there in black and white but can’t wrap my head around it
mheichelbech
500 Club
Facebook: mheichelbech@gmail.com

Unread postby mheichelbech » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:14 pm

Boogieman1 wrote:No difference IMO. There's some free fishing moon calendars that give u all kinds of lunar data including spikes in Dcv's

Never heard of dcvs what is tbat?
"One of the chief attractions of the life of the wilderness is its rugged and stalwart democracy; there every man stands for what he actually is and can show himself to be." — Theodore Roosevelt, 1893
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:02 pm

mheichelbech wrote:
Boogieman1 wrote:No difference IMO. There's some free fishing moon calendars that give u all kinds of lunar data including spikes in Dcv's

Never heard of dcvs what is tbat?

My bad meant fishing calendars do not show spikes in dvc's. I prefer to look at moon info compared to dvc's. Crazy how repeatable it is. There used to be a few calanders where it compared them for u. I preferred these over the others. Dvc's are deer vehicular crashes. There are always a dramatic spike during the sweet spot! It may vary by just a few days every year but not much. I don't really pay much attention to it now cause if I'm off work I will be hunting every chance I get anyway that time of year. But for most of the country I would say the best movement of the year will Nov 12-21
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”