WI trip - start to finish!

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

walleyeralph

Re: WI trip - start to finish!

Unread postby walleyeralph » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:59 pm

Great hunt and story lockdown.

Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:09 pm

8-)

That was fun to follow along with. I bet if you guys had a few more days you would have tagged a good buck.
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:57 pm

Yeah, it was fun to follow.

The good cyber scouting spots are sometimes hot, but I've found that they haven't been in most instances due to different factors.

But you made some good adjustments and observations so you can probably get on a good one if you were able to get back.
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:08 pm

Jackson Marsh wrote:8-)

That was fun to follow along with. I bet if you guys had a few more days you would have tagged a good buck.

Thanks JM I’m glad you (and everyone else who commented) enjoyed it.

Tyler and I talked about our chances if we had more time. Cant do anything about the bucks on the neighbors, but like I said earlier we’re very confident some of them are in the corn, and I’m no stranger to farm country bedding.

Tyler said he took a different route back to camp today and found a piece of public that had several wooded drainages in it, and it was all corn. It looks like nothing on the aerial and it was small. 60 acres or so. He said “Pretty sure nobody has been in there.”

Would have been a good bet. Could have circled the whole field and known if a shooter had been in there or not.

I don’t know if we would have been able to seal the deal... but I’m betting we could have at least had a close encounter if we stayed the full week.
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:16 pm

greenhorndave wrote:Yeah, it was fun to follow.

The good cyber scouting spots are sometimes hot, but I've found that they haven't been in most instances due to different factors.

But you made some good adjustments and observations so you can probably get on a good one if you were able to get back.

My #1 game plan the whole time was remote island bedding in the swamps. A good chunk of the trip was spent scouting them and it was back to the drawing board after that.

I never dreamt they wouldn’t be there, or maybe we didn’t find the islands on the right property :think:

Kind of hard not to switch things up after striking out at 3 spots in a row. It wasn’t even a question... they weren’t there.
Buckhunter5220

Unread postby Buckhunter5220 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:36 pm

Fun read. Always enjoy reading about my home state
Mathews V3X 33
Axcel Landslyde uv3xl
Exodus broadheads
backstraps

Unread postby backstraps » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:21 pm

Good job Lockdown!! Enjoyed following along. I felt like you and Tyler were going to smack one just anytime. Sounds like you guys made the very best of the time you spent and learned a lot about the land you were hunting. Thanks for sharing the trip :clap:
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:22 am

Idk how I’m going to talk the wife into it but I want to get back to Wisconsin so bad. :twisted: it feels like unfinished business.

I do have over 30 hours of vacation yet too. I’m going to have a talk with her but I know it’s not going to go all that well :D

When I sent her a pic of my doe she said “Ok we have enough deer now.” :mrgreen:
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:54 am

Lockdown wrote:Idk how I’m going to talk the wife into it but I want to get back to Wisconsin so bad. :twisted: it feels like unfinished business.

I do have over 30 hours of vacation yet too. I’m going to have a talk with her but I know it’s not going to go all that well :D

When I sent her a pic of my doe she said “Ok we have enough deer now.” :mrgreen:

Shoulda donated the doe to WI Hunters For The Hungry. ;)

Keep your freezer space empty. No better reason to go hunting. :lol:
SidewayZ
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SidewayZ32

Unread postby SidewayZ » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:21 am

Sound like you have no regrets and put the work in. Thats all you can do.

Great thread, I enjoyed following along!
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-SidewayZ-

I'm not scared to fail, I just fear regret!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”