Beast sticks -- initial review

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

headgear
500 Club

Re: Beast sticks -- initial review

Unread postby headgear » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:23 pm

802bowhunter wrote:They look amazing.
But I cant see getting rid of my lonewolf sticks is it worth it?

I have zero complaints about my lonewolf set up
Sticks work perfect theres no tree I can't get it in stand works perfect...Give me a reason to spend the money cause id love to,I just cant justify it

I mean if you are happy stick with them, they are for sure an upgrade but one of those needs vs wants things too. I will say they are much lighter and the double step has some very nice advantages when setting up your stand and not having to worry about getting your left/right step right as you climb up and down. For me it was one of those things you don't realize how much of a pain it was until your switched.

Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:23 am

RookieBeast2019 wrote:
802bowhunter wrote:
RookieBeast2019 wrote:How’s the 22 inch gap?

How tall are you?

Its 22" lift ur leg 22"
:lol:

:lol: For us short and fat people. 22 inches is a lot.

I 2nd that...
They call me 55 gallon drummer boy
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:31 am

My 11 year old can climb them without any trouble, he is a little under 5 feet. ;)
Wlog
500 Club

Unread postby Wlog » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:45 am

I seen a video about grinding down the bolt that holds the step and tree bracket on to get them to stack tighter. Does this still have to be done or has the bolt been shortened?
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
KillerRob
Facebook: Robert Schoner

Unread postby KillerRob » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:53 am

Wlog wrote:I seen a video about grinding down the bolt that holds the step and tree bracket on to get them to stack tighter. Does this still have to be done or has the bolt been shortened?

The bolt has remained the same 2" bolt, you could replace with a 1 7/8" bolt instead, or grind as in the video.
SwampBrian

Unread postby SwampBrian » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:16 am

I received mine yesterday and of course tested them out at 8pm. Great quality and very impressed with how they work. I’m 5 6” and the steps are perfect for me. My wife wasn’t nearly as happy as I am lol.
bowhuntr09

Unread postby bowhuntr09 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:09 am

BigAir wrote: Now gotta decide if I'm cutting out all the holes in my stealth strips or leave them covered :think:

Can't those hole be opened up with a soldering iron? My sticks come tomorrow and I have Stealth Strips waiting. That is what I was planning to do.
Jurist

Unread postby Jurist » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:46 am

bowhuntr09 wrote:
BigAir wrote: Now gotta decide if I'm cutting out all the holes in my stealth strips or leave them covered :think:

Can't those hole be opened up with a soldering iron? My sticks come tomorrow and I have Stealth Strips waiting. That is what I was planning to do.

I would find anything that is the same size as the holes that can be heated and burn them that way.

You may be able to make your own coil for the soldering iron out of some 14ga wire and just get it hot and push the circle of hot wire into the hole. May be a mess or it may make it quick and neat.
"We know they are lying,
they know they are lying,
they know we know they are lying,
we know they know we know they are lying,
but they are still lying."
Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
BigAir

Unread postby BigAir » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:36 am

What brand socket are you guys getting thru to the nut. None of my matcos fit thru the hole? I got a mac socket today from other guy at work, it is a touch thinner walled, will find out if it works tonight. Just curious as I looked thru a lot of sockets and they were all the same size o.d. as my matco sockets. Thanks
Jhand
500 Club
Facebook: n/a

Unread postby Jhand » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:39 am

BigAir wrote:What brand socket are you guys getting thru to the nut. None of my matcos fit thru the hole? I got a mac socket today from other guy at work, it is a touch thinner walled, will find out if it works tonight. Just curious as I looked thru a lot of sockets and they were all the same size o.d. as my matco sockets. Thanks

I used a 1/4 drive socket non of the 3/8 I had would fit
Kel Varnsen

Unread postby Kel Varnsen » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:47 am

KillerRob wrote:
Wlog wrote:I seen a video about grinding down the bolt that holds the step and tree bracket on to get them to stack tighter. Does this still have to be done or has the bolt been shortened?

The bolt has remained the same 2" bolt, you could replace with a 1 7/8" bolt instead, or grind as in the video.

Are these just regular grade 8 bolts?
DaveT1963
500 Club

Unread postby DaveT1963 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:05 am

Lockdown wrote:I’ve been paying attention on Fb on various pages and I haven’t heard a negative comment yet. Other than from people who don’t have them saying “they’re overpriced”

Buy once cry once!

The only negative I have is they work too well for amsteel mod. When they sink in, and they do just that, if you use amsteel with 2 half hitches good luck getting the knot out. You literally have to pop the stick up to get enough slack into the rope. Since i try to sneak out putting straps and buckles back on mine. Other than that, they are a great climbing stick. oh, and they have sharp edges, i have nicked myself a few times, a day spent with the file to soften them up is a good idea :)
BigAir

Unread postby BigAir » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:15 am

Jhand wrote:
BigAir wrote:What brand socket are you guys getting thru to the nut. None of my matcos fit thru the hole? I got a mac socket today from other guy at work, it is a touch thinner walled, will find out if it works tonight. Just curious as I looked thru a lot of sockets and they were all the same size o.d. as my matco sockets. Thanks

I used a 1/4 drive socket non of the 3/8 I had would fit

Yeah I was using 1/4 drive sockets. Good news is the mac socket I brought home fits!
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:20 pm

Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:46 pm

Good one Boogie. :clap:

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”