Latest THP

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Josh_S
500 Club

Re: Latest THP

Unread postby Josh_S » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:42 am

MN_DeerHunter wrote:That was great footage and an awesome deer. Reminded me a lot of the whitetail adrenaline stuff. I would love to see these guys hunt with Jared Scheffler and his crew sometime.

Me too! They need to do a public land challenge together sometime in the future. Their hunting styles and the way they go about it are so similar. And I think they would get along great. Aaron if you're reading this...

cspot
500 Club

Unread postby cspot » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:58 pm

Josh_S wrote:
MN_DeerHunter wrote:That was great footage and an awesome deer. Reminded me a lot of the whitetail adrenaline stuff. I would love to see these guys hunt with Jared Scheffler and his crew sometime.

Me too! They need to do a public land challenge together sometime in the future. Their hunting styles and the way they go about it are so similar. And I think they would get along great. Aaron if you're reading this...

Zach just did a podcast with whitetail adrenaline. They talked about hunting sometime and they said they hunt very similar.
Josh_S
500 Club

Unread postby Josh_S » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:15 pm

cspot wrote:
Josh_S wrote:

Zach just did a podcast with whitetail adrenaline. They talked about hunting sometime and they said they hunt very similar.

Thanks I'll have to check that out
mike_mc
500 Club

Unread postby mike_mc » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:22 am

Watching this North Dakota series has me thinking about observing open bedding areas midday to try to figure out exactly where a shooter is bedded. When I have put cams over beds, it seemed like they would only bed for about 2 hours then move. Thoughts?
BorealBushMN

Unread postby BorealBushMN » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:54 am

Haha! Just saw a clip Born and Raised posted on FB to tease the rest of their crew in AZ showing Zach packin out a stud bull on his back! Can't wait to watch that series!
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:01 am

mike_mc wrote:Watching this North Dakota series has me thinking about observing open bedding areas midday to try to figure out exactly where a shooter is bedded. When I have put cams over beds, it seemed like they would only bed for about 2 hours then move. Thoughts?

I have put cams over beds multiple times. The longest I’ve seen one bedded is about 4 hours.
bigbuckhunter88
500 Club

Unread postby bigbuckhunter88 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:30 am

BorealBushMN wrote:Haha! Just saw a clip Born and Raised posted on FB to tease the rest of their crew in AZ showing Zach packin out a stud bull on his back! Can't wait to watch that series!

Saw that also. Gonna be a long wait till November I assume. Good thing season is close and they're still pumping out deer hunts to keep us occupied
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:17 am

bigbuckhunter88 wrote:
BorealBushMN wrote:Haha! Just saw a clip Born and Raised posted on FB to tease the rest of their crew in AZ showing Zach packin out a stud bull on his back! Can't wait to watch that series!

Saw that also. Gonna be a long wait till November I assume. Good thing season is close and they're still pumping out deer hunts to keep us occupied

:dance: never hunted a elk so I have no idea what's big or not . Happy to hear he got one.
Never give up Freedom for imagined safety.
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:20 pm

The next hunting public episode is up on youtube.

Poor guys were getting shot at by a firing range.

Here's a link
https://youtu.be/mjlQqv78QmQ
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:19 pm

Anyone else disappointed that Jake got rid of the mullet?

College buddy of mine used to have one. He said the women were more willing to talk to him after he chopped it off :lol:
VaBowKill5

Unread postby VaBowKill5 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:52 pm

Everyone makes mistakes and you learn from them every time you’re in the field, but I have to say that’s why you don’t come down before closing time. Those bucks were at 35 yards and had them pegged. Maybe could have got a shot. But I still love watching their stuff and maybe that’s why we like it is that they show everything from success to the mistakes. We’ve all been there. Keep it up THP
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:38 pm

Some really cool and unique footage on the newest THP episode. But you'll have to watch it. I'm not going to let the cat out of the bag!!!!! :shhh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74N2Ym_EJtE&t=0s
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
jwilkstn
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jason.wilkerson.71

Unread postby jwilkstn » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:21 pm

stash59 wrote:Some really cool and unique footage on the newest THP episode. But you'll have to watch it. I'm not going to let the cat out of the bag!!!!! :shhh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74N2Ym_EJtE&t=0s

I'm going to watch it here in a bit, but I already know what cat is in that bag. Look forward to it.
Not all those who wander are lost...
Country
500 Club

Unread postby Country » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:31 pm

Lockdown wrote:Anyone else disappointed that Jake got rid of the mullet?

College buddy of mine used to have one. He said the women were more willing to talk to him after he chopped it off :lol:

Big time...that stache and mulllet suited him well. Looked like a Brewers player from the 80's.
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:15 pm

Hunting public found a Panther.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”