How will November go with a full moon Nov 12th?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Seeker529
Facebook: N/A

Re: How will November go with a full moon Nov 12th?

Unread postby Seeker529 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:50 am

ThePreBanMan wrote:
Seeker529 wrote:Can someone explain to me what a “red moon” is and how it pertains to hunting? I heard this on a podcast earlier and didn’t understand

A blood moon:
https://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/blood-moon.html

A red moon is when the moon appears red when it is low in the sky as a result of air pollution. Has no bearing on hunting at all.
https://www.universetoday.com/19969/red-moon/

Thank you i listened to a podcast on wired to hunt today and they insisted that the red moon is absolutely key factor... not that I believe I’m it but I never heard of a red moon

ThePreBanMan
500 Club

Unread postby ThePreBanMan » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:54 am

Seeker529 wrote:
ThePreBanMan wrote:
Seeker529 wrote:Can someone explain to me what a “red moon” is and how it pertains to hunting? I heard this on a podcast earlier and didn’t understand

A blood moon:

A red moon is when the moon appears red when it is low in the sky as a result of air pollution. Has no bearing on hunting at all.

Thank you i listened to a podcast on wired to hunt today and they insisted that the red moon is absolutely key factor... not that I believe I’m it but I never heard of a red moon

I guess if you grew up in the days of the Roman Empire and believed in religious hocus pocus, you know, before science was a thing.. But now we're smart enough to know that when the moon is red, it doesn't mean we've angered Odin or Zeus. Interesting history around the blood moon, farmers sewing crops in accordance to it, etc...

Some traditions die hard I guess.
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:28 am

If we can get a cold front around Nov 12th with the moon man going to be a good rut year.
Never give up Freedom for imagined safety.
tim
500 Club

Unread postby tim » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:41 am

johndeere506 wrote:
tim wrote:I don’t care one way or the other cause most likely il be hunting dark to dark every day I have the chance. And if I can’t it will be every hour I do have available.....

I agree with you. Planning to hunt dark to dark every vacation day. Its just Ive NEVER seen (although 1 camera pic) of a mature buck in mid day even during the rut. Seems like 11-2 is flat dead. Maybe due to hunting mainly rural areas with some human noise and such, i dont know. Last year all days sits in remote-ish OHIO showed me zero 11-2 also.

I have and when you do you will be hooked
iowa whitetail
500 Club

Unread postby iowa whitetail » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:49 am

It will be slower until 3 days after the f moon. Look out on the 15th. From what I've seen.
hambone
500 Club

Unread postby hambone » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:57 am

Since firearms season doesn't start until 11-16, this year, it should be absolutely divine! :shock:
mheichelbech
500 Club
Facebook: mheichelbech@gmail.com

Unread postby mheichelbech » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:25 am

ThePreBanMan wrote:

A blood moon:

Don’t you know that Adam Hays says the red moon is the best time to be in the stand?? He is the gospel! He has his own tv show and a bunch of sponsors including Sitka, Ozonics and Conquest Scents (made from real deer btw). He has several 200 inch bucks from the best managed farms in the country!!
Btw, don’t forget to buy his Moon Guide for only $29.95!!

With all that said, I have seen deer move according to time frames predicted by solunar tables. Were they jumped by a coyote or other hunters? Or were they responding to the gravitational/electromagnetic impact of the moon’s position in the sky and proximity to Earth? Hard to say but don’t forget your HECS suit on the way out!

Finally, even the most avid moon followers will say there are many other factors that can override the impact of the moon on movement. Pressure, weather, food availability...I do try to be in the woods at peak activity times when I can. As a primarily weekend hunter, I don’t have a lot of choices.

One final, final thing. If it’s a full moon at night, then I’m sleeping in unless it’s rut.
"One of the chief attractions of the life of the wilderness is its rugged and stalwart democracy; there every man stands for what he actually is and can show himself to be." — Theodore Roosevelt, 1893
Seeker529
Facebook: N/A

Unread postby Seeker529 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:52 am

Lol this cracked me straight up! I don’t have the money to invest into such gimmicks since I’m Buying diapers... and being a brand new father I do not get to schedule my hunting times around the moon! I go whenever the wife tells me I can lmao! I was just curious as to what a red moon was
hokiehunter373

Unread postby hokiehunter373 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:31 am

mheichelbech wrote:
ThePreBanMan wrote:

A blood moon:

Don’t you know that Adam Hays says the red moon is the best time to be in the stand?? He is the gospel! He has his own tv show and a bunch of sponsors including Sitka, Ozonics and Conquest Scents (made from real deer btw). He has several 200 inch bucks from the best managed farms in the country!!
Btw, don’t forget to buy his Moon Guide for only $29.95!!

With all that said, I have seen deer move according to time frames predicted by solunar tables. Were they jumped by a coyote or other hunters? Or were they responding to the gravitational/electromagnetic impact of the moon’s position in the sky and proximity to Earth? Hard to say but don’t forget your HECS suit on the way out!

Finally, even the most avid moon followers will say there are many other factors that can override the impact of the moon on movement. Pressure, weather, food availability...I do try to be in the woods at peak activity times when I can. As a primarily weekend hunter, I don’t have a lot of choices.

One final, final thing. If it’s a full moon at night, then I’m sleeping in unless it’s rut.

Lol spot on. I tried to give that podcast a listen but I couldn't make it through. He'd talk about the moon but then say how he was waiting for the right weather, wind, moon, etc. I really wanted Mark to be like, "have you ever thought that if you didn't pay attention to the moon, and still focused on those other factors, you'd have the exact same results?". The guy gets it done but I feel a lot of the time the most important thing is just being confident in what you're doing. If you are, you generally commit to that approach more than if you're not sure. I think that's why you see people with such varying strategies all be so successful.
Get me in the woods
MNarrow

Unread postby MNarrow » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:43 am

hokiehunter373 wrote:The guy gets it done but I feel a lot of the time the most important thing is just being confident in what you're doing.

I agree that confidence is the most important thing. And once you start adding in so many different variables......moon, barometric pressure, cloudy/sunny, temperature, wind speed, rain, wind direction, etc.........and you obsess about all of these things and if one isn't quite right it will bring your confidence down and that's never good.
mheichelbech
500 Club
Facebook: mheichelbech@gmail.com

Unread postby mheichelbech » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:15 pm

Seeker529 wrote:Lol this cracked me straight up! I don’t have the money to invest into such gimmicks since I’m Buying diapers... and being a brand new father I do not get to schedule my hunting times around the moon! I go whenever the wife tells me I can lmao! I was just curious as to what a red moon was

I hear ya young man. God bless ya for getting out at all! I didn’t hunt for 15 years due to kids and, in my case a very overbearing and now ex-wife. It just wasn’t worth it and the kids definitely needed my attention.

One of these days you may have your kid out with you in the woods. They for sure should be the priority. You won’t remember the missed hunts but you will remember the missed time with your kids.
"One of the chief attractions of the life of the wilderness is its rugged and stalwart democracy; there every man stands for what he actually is and can show himself to be." — Theodore Roosevelt, 1893

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”