XOP climbing sticks Recall

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

jwangle13

XOP climbing sticks Recall

Unread postby jwangle13 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:57 am

Hey guys wondering if any of you can help me out. I have a set of cop climbing sticks I bought used I think 2 seasons ago. I know they had a recall issued and I have the replacement parts but there were no Instructions. From my understanding there is a block that prevents the step from falling downward and the block is prone to failure. Well I recieved about 8 bolts and a drill bit. I think what I am supposed to do is drill and tap that stopping block so that if it does break it won't spin. Anyone else performed this fix on the xop climbing sticks and could shoot me a few photos?

jwangle13

Re: XOP climbing sticks Recall

Unread postby jwangle13 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:02 am

I am in the process of contacting xop again to verify what their intent is. I have no issues performing the mod just want to make sure I am doing the right thing. I will post photos before and after for future users. I do really like the sticks. They stack well. From my research the breaking point seems to happen with users over 300 lbs climbing weight. I mean no offense by this just an observation from the write ups I have seen where they fail.
jwangle13

Re: XOP climbing sticks Recall

Unread postby jwangle13 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:05 am

Ok good news for me. It seems mine are not impacted as I have the bottom land camo ones. However, here is the info I received. Hopefully it will help someone in the future.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”