Bucky

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

muddy

Re: Bucky

Unread postby muddy » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:17 am

When you're going out of state are you hunting private or public?

http://www.iowawhitetail.com
Leading the way for habitat and management information

"It's a good thing you don't need commas and colons to kill deer" -seaz
Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:32 am

muddy wrote:When you're going out of state are you hunting private or public?

Both - I start with public and see if I can wiggle onto private. I have no problems being rejected over and over... been dealing with it my whole life :lol:

Like Spy has stated, I like to go down with a handful of options... u never know what to expect. Having back up plans relieves the stress when your A game fails (flooding, access change, one time I got there and the area I scouted had been turn into a gravel road going down into the valley :cry: )
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
Spysar
500 Club

Unread postby Spysar » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:20 am

It sounds like you and I do similar things, as far as out of state hunting goes.
A buck will see you three times, and hear you twice, but he's only gonna smell you once.
Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:57 am

Spysar wrote:It sounds like you and I do similar things, as far as out of state hunting goes.

I have no where near the experience you do... I'm pretty "green" - but finding the right areas to pursue IMO is a big part of having success
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:26 pm

Bucky wrote:
muddy wrote:When you're going out of state are you hunting private or public?

Both - I start with public and see if I can wiggle onto private. I have no problems being rejected over and over... been dealing with it my whole life :lol:

Bucky, you in sales or just been married for a while, and I thought you were in MO
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:03 pm

Lou - cut my teeth in WI hill country, grew up in flat marsh land... at 20 without a good buck on the wall I decided to start trying things on my own.

Workwise I professional drug dealer.... pharmacist ;)

The tight string comment was referring to me being gone a fair bit in the fall with a 6yr, 3yr, & 4 month old at home... my wife has known me for a long time but she still could kill me most years come December :lol: Sometimes I feel a little selfish come fall :oops:
Dor
500 Club
Facebook: Chris Dornack

Unread postby Dor » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:52 pm

Bucky wrote:Lou - cut my teeth in WI hill country, grew up in flat marsh land... at 20 without a good buck on the wall I decided to start trying things on my own.

Workwise I professional drug dealer.... pharmacist ;)

The tight string comment was referring to me being gone a fair bit in the fall with a 6yr, 3yr, & 4 month old at home... my wife has known me for a long time but she still could kill me most years come December :lol: Sometimes I feel a little selfish come fall :oops:

Life is for living! Guilt is for zombies!

Your kids will know how you truly feel about them whether you hunt or not and that is what matters!

Call The Footed Shaft to order Kwik-Straps 507-288-7581 or order at the kwik-strap.com
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:57 am

Nice post Spy...
I was thinking the same thing when you beat me to the post.

Bucky - I can relate and thanks for sharing your stories, very educational!
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:55 am

A timeline of photos :D After re-reading through others... mine was kinda weak in the pics department!

jmaas07
500 Club

Unread postby jmaas07 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:09 am

Awesome pictures man, really enjoyed scrolling through them. You certainly have killed some beautiful bucks over the years! Thanks for putting them up

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
BuckyHunter13

Unread postby BuckyHunter13 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:15 am

Man I knew you got it done often, but it's impressive to see one after another like that. That real heavy one with all the stickers is a beauty. What'd he score? Awesome mass.

Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:22 am

BuckyHunter13 wrote:Man I knew you got it done often, but it's impressive to see one after another like that. That real heavy one with all the stickers is a beauty. What'd he score? Awesome mass.

187"s gross
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:30 am

Awesome Bucky! :clap:

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Spysar
500 Club

Unread postby Spysar » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:36 am

When Bucky posts he is one of those guys whose thoughts and opinions matter to me. He's one of the best hunters on this site. :mrgreen:
A buck will see you three times, and hear you twice, but he's only gonna smell you once.
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:03 am

:clap: :clap: :clap:
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”