Defense of bear baiting

The Beast’s of the North woods. Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Freelance Bowhunter
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bernie.barringer.5/

Defense of bear baiting

Unread postby Freelance Bowhunter » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:05 am

One recent video on my youtube channel went nuts with comments from people who are totally ignorant of bear baiting, and some of them (about 200 so far) were really nasty and vile and even some death threats so I deleted them. Still there are about 350 comments remaining, more negative than positive. I felt compelled to do a short video on why we bait bears so I thought I would share it with you. Hopefully to educate people a little better about bear baiting. If you see anything that should be added, please add a comment with it in the comments section of the video because I am using this as a way to educate the ignorant about bear baiting. Thanks.

https://youtu.be/T7tFrBHhTdI

stash59

Re: Defense of bear baiting

Unread postby stash59 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:03 am

Watched it the other day. Good vid. Never understood hunters criticizing how a legal kill is made. Or hunters that are against trapping. Seems very hypocritical to me!!!
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
Djp32

Unread postby Djp32 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:32 am

In pa where I’m from bait is illlegal. If you don’t have at least 10 people on a drive you essentially aren’t going to kill one. With that being said it’s impossible to be selective or even have an ethical kill shot. You outta see the carnage at the bear check-in stations.... bears shot multiple times .. sometimes and often sub 50 pounders. I’m not sure I agree with baiting in most cases but I think baiting for bears is a logical method for harvest in pa. Problem is they do lots of damage to crops so most locals and farmers hate them and are ok with shooting every one they see no matter what.
Horizontal Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Horizontal Hunter » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:35 am

stash59 wrote:Never understood hunters criticizing how a legal kill is made. Or hunters that are against trapping. Seems very hypocritical to me!!!

Me neither.

At some point we will need to learn to stop working agains ourselves and stick together.

This is why there is no bear baiting, or dogs allowed for the hunting of bear in Massachusetts. They also pretty much put an end to trapping in Massachusetts the same way.

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter. :o

Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:07 pm

Youtube is troll-central!!! I turn off commenting on any video I post there. Don't have time for trolling BS.
The cave you fear hides the treasure you seek!!!
Freelance Bowhunter
500 Club

Unread postby Freelance Bowhunter » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:41 am

Crazinamatese wrote:Youtube is troll-central!!! I turn off commenting on any video I post there. Don't have time for trolling BS.

You got that right, the trolls on hunting videos are ridiculous, but the interaction is one of the things that drives traffic and helps your video get seen so it's a mixed blessing. The number of people who don't like hunting that watch hunting videos and past negative comments baffles me. Do people really have that much time on their hands with nothing better to do than attack others?
Octang
500 Club

Unread postby Octang » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:09 pm

I really enjoyed that video. Logical and made a lot of sense!
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:14 pm

Crazinamatese wrote:Youtube is troll-central!!! I turn off commenting on any video I post there. Don't have time for trolling BS.

Yep ignore the comments or shut them off, not worth your time and I don't care how well you state how bears and bear hunting work you will not get through to certain people.
Freelance Bowhunter
500 Club

Unread postby Freelance Bowhunter » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:04 am

A guy wouldn't think you need to defend something that most of us and all the state DNR's take for granted, but there sure are a lot of ignorant people out there. And man can they be vicious.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:09 am

There are some real nutjobs out there. I think they spend all their free time trolling the internet just to spew hatred and negativity. Bet they are a real treat to be around in real life. Must be a real sad existence being filled with so much anger and hatred.
ghoasthunter
500 Club

Unread postby ghoasthunter » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:19 am

we need defense of hunters hunting bears every year protesters follow hunters home. send death threats too us every day i expect too walk out too flat tires. you cant trust these people they are crazy. you should have seen when a mob that swarmed the truck i was in with my buddies when we brought in 6 bears at one time. best part is most of the protesters are from the city were they dont have too deal with the bears. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euCqJ8AZ6K0
THE MOST IMPORTANT TOOL A HUNTER HAS IS BETWEEN HIS SHOULDERS
ghoasthunter
500 Club

Unread postby ghoasthunter » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:51 am

and after all this this is what happens https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVKCfyAuGbQ
THE MOST IMPORTANT TOOL A HUNTER HAS IS BETWEEN HIS SHOULDERS
Skyler_2010
Facebook: I don't have a facebook

Unread postby Skyler_2010 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:59 am

Idk what their bear population is but it sounds to me like they need to pull their head out and listen to the facts and release more tags not ban the hunt
"If your not helping hunting, your hurting hunting." Fred Bear.
VilasCo

Unread postby VilasCo » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:26 pm

Great video. The ignorance found in the comment sections of hunting channels is, as you say, disturbing. Way to stay positive and thank you for advocating the hunting lifestyle.

• Advertisement

Return to “Bear Hunting”