Trophy rock!

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BigHunt

Trophy rock!

Unread postby BigHunt » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:35 am

just wondering if any ones tryed the trophy rock? i hear it works well. i picked one up for minneral sight. cant wait to see what pics i get

HUNT LIKE A BEAST
RaisedByWolves
500 Club

Re: Trophy rock!

Unread postby RaisedByWolves » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:55 am

haven't tried one...we sell piles of them at work and guys say they last forever too
When better is possible, good is never good enough
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:03 pm

my sight was hard ground at one time but after a cuople of years the deer literaly at the dirt! now i got a 3 foot hole that just turned into a water hole. hope the rock last in water, i could put a stump right in the middle of it and put the rock on it!
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
kenn1320
500 Club

Unread postby kenn1320 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:40 pm

I put one out where lots of deer frequent, nothing touched it. I moved it to behind my house and it slowly disolved over a couple years. Only recently did I notice deer pawing at the ground when it was darn near gone. Maybe they were licking it all along, but it never got those typical "dents" like you see on mineral blocks. I put 50lbs of trace mineral in that spot, deer arent touching it. I like the idea of the rock, as its not real obvious to others. I have a stump at my dads that I used to put trace minerals on it and all around the roots. I havent put any new stuff on it for at least 4yrs, yet to this day my dad said deer are still tracking that area up pretty good.
"Its about taking the right shot at the right time with good equipment." Dan Infalt
tutone84

Unread postby tutone84 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:13 pm

I use Trophy Rock, and I get alot of pics of deer all spring and summer long, I also have pics of a Bear, coyotes, a porcupine and a turkey, they all seem to love the rock. I have to go to my area to cut the brush about once a month though, but it's exciting to see what shows up on my camera. I use a bushnell trophy cam on public land and have to use waders to get in but it extends my season and lets me know what my bucks will look like for the fall.
Swampthing
500 Club

Unread postby Swampthing » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:23 pm

I've had pretty good luck with them too. I. Put one in an area and the does werehitting it daily. The area never had any buck rubs or scrapes b 4 the rock. But that fall. I was surprised to see buck rubs and a scrape made in the tree the rock sat under. The does frequenting the rock must attracted the bucks attention enough where they started hanging around the area too.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
76chevy
500 Club

Unread postby 76chevy » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:42 am

bulk salt and minerals are a lot cheaper at the local farm stores

check the ingredients of the rock and make up your own mind.
". . . there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun." --Fred Bear
Wrinkleneck
500 Club

Unread postby Wrinkleneck » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:58 am

I have never tried the rock, but I really like Lucky Buck Mineral :D I see results in the deer in the area that I really like ;)
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:02 am

Wrinkleneck wrote:I have never tried the rock, but I really like Lucky Buck Mineral :D I see results in the deer in the area that I really like ;)

ive been using deercane in the same hole for 5 or 6 six years, want to try something new.
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Indianahunter
500 Club

Unread postby Indianahunter » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:39 am

The trophy rock absolutely works. It depends on how many deer you have in your herd as to how long, but it will last a couple of months anyway.
God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:43 am

Indianahunter wrote:The trophy rock absolutely works. It depends on how many deer you have in your herd as to how long, but it will last a couple of months anyway.

thanks for the info
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Indianahunter
500 Club

Unread postby Indianahunter » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:27 pm

bighunt wrote:
Indianahunter wrote:The trophy rock absolutely works. It depends on how many deer you have in your herd as to how long, but it will last a couple of months anyway.

thanks for the info

That couple of months is minimum, you will more than likely get 6 months or better out of it. You are welcome
God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8
Rutnstrut
500 Club

Unread postby Rutnstrut » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:59 am

Just remember if your using this in Wi it has to be within 50yds of an inhabited dwelling. I don't agree with mineral being counted as baiting/feeding, but it is the law.
Black Squirrel
500 Club

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:56 am

Wrinkleneck wrote:I have never tried the rock, but I really like Lucky Buck Mineral :D I see results in the deer in the area that I really like ;)

My hunting partner started a mineral lick this spring with Lucky Buck. We refreshed it Saturday, and I hung a camera over it. I forgot a card so we went back Sunday Morning, and it was hammered over night! This is my first and only experince with Lucky Buck, but based on that, the deer really love it. It has a pleasent "cherry" aroma, so I think that attracts them. Any way I was really impressed with what I saw in just one night. From the tracks it was obviously a doe and it's fawns, but they spent alot of time there. Can't wait to see the pictures.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”