lighted nocks....

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

10point

lighted nocks....

Unread postby 10point » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:19 am

anyone using them, and if so, which one do you like the best?

Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Re: lighted nocks....

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:27 am

I used the orange lumenok's last year and they worked great. Ridiculously easy to put on or take off your arrow, and the lights worked great. I know of some guys that got the wrong size for their arrows or said the lights wouldn't come on, etc. but they were no-fail for me. I'm going to use them again this year.
Spysar
500 Club

Unread postby Spysar » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:35 am

It disqualifies you for P&Y, if you care about that sort of thing. That being said, I have never entered in P&Y, and I was thinking about trying them. I heard Firenocks are the best.
A buck will see you three times, and hear you twice, but he's only gonna smell you once.
venisonassassin
500 Club

Unread postby venisonassassin » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:56 am

Spysar wrote:It disqualifies you for P&Y, if you care about that sort of thing. That being said, I have never entered in P&Y, and I was thinking about trying them. I heard Firenocks are the best.

I wonder why that would disqualify you...
Spysar
500 Club

Unread postby Spysar » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:25 pm

venisonassassin wrote:
Spysar wrote:It disqualifies you for P&Y, if you care about that sort of thing. That being said, I have never entered in P&Y, and I was thinking about trying them. I heard Firenocks are the best.

I wonder why that would disqualify you...

Anything electronic, or having a battery...even lighted sight.
A buck will see you three times, and hear you twice, but he's only gonna smell you once.
UPbowhunter
Facebook: todd freeman

Unread postby UPbowhunter » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:10 pm

I used the Eastons with no problems, they come with 2 different color nocks.
Go Go Epic Stuff, Seek Wilderness
PredatorTC
500 Club

Unread postby PredatorTC » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:26 pm

I use the Easton tracer nocks and love them!! They pass a magnet which turns them on and off. They turn on every time for me. I was letting someone else borrow my magnet once and shot a doe and it still turned on from the jolt. They also dont seem to affect arrow flight
Boo
500 Club

Unread postby Boo » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:29 pm

I have used the lumenoks. Not a huge fan of them. I have shot 3 deer using them and only had the nock light up on one of the 3 shots. I don't use them now but I do like the look of the lighted nock and might try a different brand if I ever get a video camera.
AC Rider
500 Club

Unread postby AC Rider » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:31 am

I used Lumenocs for a year a while back. I always got them to work but I was never comfortable with the way they activate. I always felt they had to be "just so" and I would check them every 10 minutes like a fruit cake. After a few shots they divet the back of your arrow and don't work. Now I use Tracernocks, with the magnet, and find them to be much better. BUT, I saw a new kind the other day at the pro-shop. They have a pin in the crook of the nock set that gets pushed by the bowstring when you shoot. I don't remember what brand they are - they're not on the market just yet. I think they only weigh 20 grains too. I'll be using them hopefully this year.
PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:37 am

Never used them Don;t see a real reason too :? I have bright fletching and great eyesight
Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks
lungbuster
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/WFTF

Unread postby lungbuster » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:08 am

Lighted nocks are great when they work........That being said I have tried everything on the market, except the Firenocs and they all have problems. The worst were the CX brand, they worked for one shot then failed (called for a replacement and it failed as well :roll: ). Lumenocks work ok , but I hate the activation style, it's prone to fail if your not really anal about the position.I had great luck year before last with the Easton Tracers, but this past season I got a bad batch or something cause they worked for a very short time then failed......Tried the G5's early this season and they did not work at all.............The buzz about Firenocs is that they are the best, but you also pay a pretty penny for them, I think a 2 pack is like $45 :o :o
Black Squirrel
500 Club

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:39 am

I used the lummenock about 5 years ago. I drew back on a real slob, and the nock pulled out of the arrow. The arrow clunked it's way to the ground, and there he was, gone! :evil: I still had the lumennock attached to my string though! :lol: Haven't used any since. But I am considering trying them again, especially if I start filming my hunts. They look pretty cool on film.
MOBIGBUCKS

Unread postby MOBIGBUCKS » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:05 pm

Firenocks are worth the price. They do disqualify you for pope and young, but who cares....Just shoot a Boone and Crockett :)
Dabowhunter

Unread postby Dabowhunter » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:35 am

I tried the tracer nocks last fall. They failed to lite 2 out of every 3 shots. Consider these nocks weigh in at 29 grams (normal nock is about 8 grams). My arrows weigh 260 grams plus the BH = 385. Now 21 extra grams may not seem like much, but the back of the arrow is the worst place to put extra weight when it comes to arrow stability and accuracy. For me they will have to increase the quality and decrease the weight before I try them again.
CatfishJack

Unread postby CatfishJack » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:44 pm

Have never used them and don't intend to in the forseeable future. There are enough things to worry about going wrong without adding something like that. Agreed that they are neat to see on video.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”