Climbing Stick Learning Curve

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BKMississippi

Re: Climbing Stick Learning Curve

Unread postby BKMississippi » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:38 am

Ordering tonight when I get home. I found the three piece for $119 with $8 shipping. I'm planning on adding an etrier as well. I'll let you know how it goes.

daveynewman
500 Club

Unread postby daveynewman » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:05 pm

Yea if u are setting up that a set of sticks u will master fast
Alan Horn

Unread postby Alan Horn » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:20 pm

I got my first hang n sticks this yr.
I was thinking it would be harder than it is.
Dont know much about sticks but the Hawk Heliums seem to be well made and they're not too heavy.
Rich M
500 Club

Unread postby Rich M » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:10 am

I grew up hunting with the original lock-on stands and screw in steps - leave bow/gun at base of tree, tie on haul rope and start screwing my way up the tree, get to desired height, attach stand with rope, climb on, jump around a time to two to settle it and pull up weapon of choice.

The sticks are much easier than the screw-in steps - you will love them. i do. First time I used em, I had my M100U up in less than 5 minutes.

You connect the strap, pull it tight, pull down on the stick and start climbing to put up the next one - that easy. 3 sticks gets me in the 15 ft range - could go higher with an aider or two but haven't needed that.

You will want to stealth strip or wrap the sticks and stand to keep em quiet - it is like cymbals when the metal hits metal.
creepingdeth
500 Club
Facebook: Huh?

Unread postby creepingdeth » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:55 am

Sticks are fairly easy to get used to ,but dont be in such a hurry to pick some up and end up not liking them as much as------. I plan on upgrading, but I'm waiting until after season because I'm checking every possible option and hoping they will be cheaper....enjoy
Yesterdays common sense is no longer common

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”