Disturbing trend

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Lockdown

Re: Disturbing trend

Unread postby Lockdown » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:54 pm

Yep YouTube is nothing but a bunch of liberals pushing their agenda.

Amiri King is a hardcore conservative comedian and he said his YouTube channel earnings are down something like 80% due to this kind of bs
ThePreBanMan
500 Club

Unread postby ThePreBanMan » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:48 pm

Society in general needs an alternative to the Google/Facebook empire... these companies are becoming a danger to the 1st amendment and freedom of expression via their blatant censorship.
d_rek

Unread postby d_rek » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:04 am

Someone needs to make a Twitch-style streaming/video site dedicated to hunting/fishing/outdoors...

Some of those streamers make ridiculous amounts of money playing video games all day long. You can directly support a stream by donating directly on their page. Some of them get sponsorships from product companies. I think there is also some monetization through Twitch based on amount of subscribers and views. That way you can directly support content producers you care about, rather than this archaic ad-based revenue generation model.

Food for thought: Some twerps get paid $100k+/year on top of free gear and sponsorships to play video games 60-80hrs a week.
"I don't know what the f*** this is but it's weird as f*** so i'm leaving."
-The Deep
Octang
500 Club

Unread postby Octang » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:34 pm

Interesting to watch. I make 50% of my income through online advertising and I am always nervous about my income stream being largely outside my control. This video is a great example why I don't put all my eggs in one basket and I try to diversify my online income as much as possible. Things change way too much, way too quickly in the online world, you have to be planning two steps ahead to survive.
MN_DeerHunter
500 Club

Unread postby MN_DeerHunter » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:37 am

That is very upsetting, I only watched about half of the video cause I was getting fired up. I don't know when it happened but when did everyone in this country become so afraid of offending everyone else? Who cares, it's ok to be offended sometimes. I hope YouTube gets a grip and changes their policies soon. I imagine the big names like Cam Hanes, Rinella, and Newberg also got the pinch because of their vids?
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:49 am

Seems like some publishers should get together and file a class action lawsuit, very discriminator on who gets paid for what. I have seen other videos where they stopped monetization for political channels too, seems odd that they are doing this to anyone.
Last edited by headgear on Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Octang
500 Club

Unread postby Octang » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:58 am

headgear wrote:Seems like some publishers should get together and file a class action lawsuit, very discriminator on who gets paid for what.

Unfortunately they wouldn't win. It is up to Google/Youtube to decide how they want to run their platform and what content they wish to promote. We can be upset about it, but we can't force someone else to use their platform to promote our speech. Just like PETA can't force the Hunting Beast to give their content equal space.
elk yinzer
500 Club

Unread postby elk yinzer » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:02 am

I'm not so sure it's an agenda, at least not directly.
Moreso a flawed advertising model. Ad revenue is down so they have to find a way to pass that along. They have a business to run and shareholders to answer to. In my view the content creators are a bit naive if they didn't see problems of this nature coming down the pike. It's not just hunting videos getting the pinch either.
Treasurer, United Bowhunters of PA
https://ubofpa.org/membership-3
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:09 am

Octang wrote:
headgear wrote:Seems like some publishers should get together and file a class action lawsuit, very discriminator on who gets paid for what.

Unfortunately they wouldn't win. It is up to Google/Youtube to decide how they want to run their platform and what content they wish to promote. We can be upset about it, but we can't force someone else to use their platform to promote our speech. Just like PETA can't force the Hunting Beast to give their content equal space.

Those are slightly different scenarios as Google/YT profit off your videos so it is more of a partnership vs a private website. I don't think it is 100% wrong for advertisers to pick and choose what videos they want to advertise on as they are paying for it, a person selling hunting gear isn't going to want to advertise on a video with arts and crafts but I don't think it is fair for YT to turn off your advertising, and maybe the vids are just out of the catchall pool of ads and they might serve up outdoor or hunting ads on some of these videos. It's just not 100% clear what they are doing.
elk yinzer
500 Club

Unread postby elk yinzer » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:03 am

headgear wrote:
Octang wrote:

Those are slightly different scenarios as Google/YT profit off your videos so it is more of a partnership vs a private website. I don't think it is 100% wrong for advertisers to pick and choose what videos they want to advertise on as they are paying for it, a person selling hunting gear isn't going to want to advertise on a video with arts and crafts but I don't think it is fair for YT to turn off your advertising, and maybe the vids are just out of the catchall pool of ads and they might serve up outdoor or hunting ads on some of these videos. It's just not 100% clear what they are doing.

The real heart of the matter, and this applies to a lot of what's going on with Facebook too, is that there is far, far more crap uploaded every day than humans could ever review. They've got computers using artificial intelligence attempting to review content and frankly they aren't very good at it. At least not yet. And it's not censorship...they are advertising businesses and they answer to their clients and shareholders, period.
Treasurer, United Bowhunters of PA
https://ubofpa.org/membership-3

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”