Eyeglasses and getting busted.

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Konk

Re: Eyeglasses and getting busted.

Unread postby Konk » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:21 am

Dmking3 wrote:
Konk wrote:
tim wrote:i wear glasses full time, not a problem so far. rain sucks and so does fogging up. but so does not seeing.

Couple tips for these Situations;

1) Rain; Consider getting Crizal lenses the next time you need to get your lens prescription updated. They are more expensive but are coated and do not allow water to build up on the lens. Kinda like waxing your truck, water just beads up. These lens also help with glare.
2) Fogging; Before you go hunt wet your finger tips and rub them on a bar of soap to create a paste, smear this paste on your lenses, let dry, wipe off with a soft cloth. Helps during the winter going from outside to inside too. If the woman of the house uses Ivory soap use this, it works best. (Why, I have no idea)

Good Hunting

Im definitely going to have to to try the soap trick. Will any brand of soap work? This will be my first year having to wear glasses out and i hunt alot of river bottoms so i run into fog down there all the time.

Yes, any bar soap will work, but for what ever reason Ivory soap works better than others. I should have stated above the soap is not 100% fogging prevention but it will DRASTICALLY reduce it.

Member: Wisconsin Bowhunters Association
Dmking3
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/dakoda.king.

Unread postby Dmking3 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:31 am

Konk wrote:
Dmking3 wrote:
Konk wrote:
tim wrote:i wear glasses full time, not a problem so far. rain sucks and so does fogging up. but so does not seeing.

Couple tips for these Situations;

1) Rain; Consider getting Crizal lenses the next time you need to get your lens prescription updated. They are more expensive but are coated and do not allow water to build up on the lens. Kinda like waxing your truck, water just beads up. These lens also help with glare.
2) Fogging; Before you go hunt wet your finger tips and rub them on a bar of soap to create a paste, smear this paste on your lenses, let dry, wipe off with a soft cloth. Helps during the winter going from outside to inside too. If the woman of the house uses Ivory soap use this, it works best. (Why, I have no idea)

Good Hunting

Im definitely going to have to to try the soap trick. Will any brand of soap work? This will be my first year having to wear glasses out and i hunt alot of river bottoms so i run into fog down there all the time.

Yes, any bar soap will work, but for what ever reason Ivory soap works better than others. I should have stated above the soap is not 100% fogging prevention but it will DRASTICALLY reduce it.

I'll try anything that will help!! Thanks for the info
Whitetailaddict
500 Club

Unread postby Whitetailaddict » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:34 am

Never noticed deer spooking from the glare but i hate wearing glasses because they always seem to fog up on me in cold temps and even worse when i start breathing hard.
tim
500 Club

Unread postby tim » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:20 am

I too have to try the soap trick! Thanks for the tip. I just went for a lasik consult last month but they said I'm a bad candidate and wouldn't resommend it due to me being 43/far sighted/ and having sjogrens(dry eyes.) figures
basspro05
500 Club

Unread postby basspro05 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:54 am

Great tip on the soap!
woodswalker
500 Club
Facebook: don't do face book

Unread postby woodswalker » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:09 am

You can buy anti fog cloths you can use on your glasses. I have been wearing glasses since I was in my thirties. I can't say they ever caused me to be busted by deer or any other game. As Dewey does, if a deer is looking in my direction I drop my head a bit and look under the brim of my hat. https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywo ... vgg7_b_p20 .
Life is short, eat dessert first!
muddy

Unread postby muddy » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:47 pm

Redman232 wrote:I don't think I've ever been busted because glare. I have to take them off to use my binoculars which is pretty annoying. I tried wearing contacts 1 season, I was so used to my glasses protecting my eyes I kept getting stabbed by twigs. So I started wearing clear safety glasses and at that point I decided I might as well just where my glasses. Fogging was a big issue when I first got my lonewolf, now i stay in better shape and go slower so there isn't any heavy breathing.

Try to get into binos that have an eye cup that can screw in and out. In for glasses, out for bare eye / contacts
http://www.iowawhitetail.com
Leading the way for habitat and management information

"It's a good thing you don't need commas and colons to kill deer" -seaz

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”