Lone Wolf Sit and Climb II

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Kybowhunter

Lone Wolf Sit and Climb II

Unread postby Kybowhunter » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:27 am

Been using my XOP, Lone Wolf and Lone Wolf sticks for a while now and was thinking of adding the Lone Wolf Sit and Climb II to the mix. What kind of opinions and reviews do you all have with this stand? I usually take almost a whole month off from work around halloween to thanksgiving. I would like to add a stand to my where I can be mobile as well as comfortable just to catch a break every few days when the hunting gets hardcore. Never really hunted much out of a climber but my back tells me it may be time to try it for a hunt or two.
Last edited by Kybowhunter on Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

<DK>
500 Club

Re: Lone Wolf Sit and Climb II

Unread postby <DK> » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:33 am

I have the flip top combo and absolutely love it. Add a comfy seat like that sling seat your asking about and im sure its little comfier.
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:13 am

Add a summit seat and ditch the stock seat. You can't beat a summit climber for comfort. And its all in the seat
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
Kybowhunter

Unread postby Kybowhunter » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:16 am

Is it a pretty stable platform? No problems with it slipping on the tree or anything?
Tjterry
Facebook: Trevor Terry

Unread postby Tjterry » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:26 am

I have the hand climber. I can say the base is rock solid. I've been thinking about buying a sit and climb top for more comfort.
Eddiegomes83
500 Club

Unread postby Eddiegomes83 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:31 am

I have a sit and climb and love it. Add footrest. I also modified the sit bar into a functional gun rest. Not one of those pointless gun rest either. When i turn around i lock it into the gunrest postion. Unlock it and i climb down.
"Am I the Only One" - Aaron Lewis

EGOutdoors youtube: https://youtube.com/channel/UClk54pzxS6MsnSTCOtTvKJg
Kybowhunter

Unread postby Kybowhunter » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:53 am

What advantages does the lone wolf give you over the other climbers? Does the low profile and ease of packing tip the scale in its favor or is it something else?
Eddiegomes83
500 Club

Unread postby Eddiegomes83 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:01 am

Kybowhunter wrote:What advantages does the lone wolf give you over the other climbers? Does the low profile and ease of packing tip the scale in its favor or is it something else?

Super simple... super quiet.... packs super flat....only complaint and thing i would like to see change would be for them to makebthe brace bar curved like xop to climb larger trees easier.

daveynewman
500 Club

Unread postby daveynewman » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:12 am

I have the sit and climb wide, like jonny stated switch the seat to a summit seat and it's heaven. if I had a chance to use it on every hunt I would.
hunter10
500 Club

Unread postby hunter10 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:25 am

I have the sit and climb as well. Hate to say it since the stand is so great but the seat is junk. I put a summit seat on it
Eddiegomes83
500 Club

Unread postby Eddiegomes83 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:41 am

hunter10 wrote:I have the sit and climb as well. Hate to say it since the stand is so great but the seat is junk. I put a summit seat on it

I agree. I have original seat. Need to switch mine to a summit seat. Any videos on it?

daveynewman
500 Club

Unread postby daveynewman » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:00 am

I see videos of people using the hazemore seat it looks promising but I'd still take the summit seat over it
Kybowhunter

Unread postby Kybowhunter » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:36 pm

So would the stand be that much better to buy it and put a summit seat in it rather than just buy a summit stand its self?
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:38 pm

Kybowhunter wrote:Is it a pretty stable platform? No problems with it slipping on the tree or anything?

The most solid platform iv ever used. Very impressive. If you put the summit seat on I would take that extra bar off the front. The LW site shows that bar folded under the front of the seat. Idk if youll need it really... I find myslef climbing like a hand climber but the extra bars on the sit and climbs are great for using the forearms for weight placement. The bar is great for taking a nap tho. ;) Fold it up for security and its silent.
UofLbowhunter
500 Club

Unread postby UofLbowhunter » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:49 pm

I have a sit and climb 2. In my opinion is very comfy i have no problems with it, When the seat is adjusted right, its pretty good for me. I only used mine when i have gun hunted. The thing i like about you can get in some smaller trees., and it will set for some lean but not much. Watch the youtube videos and see what make them good and why some people dont like them and try to suit yourself. I like mine alot!!
Bucks,ducks, turkeys,and bass!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”