So you have six months?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

ETNyates15

Re: So you have six months?

Unread postby ETNyates15 » Fri May 19, 2017 5:34 am

tgreeno wrote:
ETNyates15 wrote:In regards to my angle: I only have one life to live and have made lofty goals for hunting adventures, including hunting Elk, mule, antelope, sheep, caribou, etc.. My goal is to dedicate at least 3 years of intense prep and study to kill a mature male in each species. I've hunted whitetails for 6 years now (started late in life) and have killed 1 3.5 y/o buck and seen a couple more. I really want to devote the next 3 years to killing a 4.5 y/o buck, just trying to figure it out...

You could live 3 lifetimes and not succeed with those goals! Good luck on your adventure!

I think what many of us who have been hunting our whole lives have come to realize is...Goals are nice, but it's the journey or "ride" you take, that is the most rewarding!

I know many people who set goals but never achieve half of that goal because they get lost or frustrated in the journey. I love the journey but my wife and I personally set goals in Dec of every year for all areas in our life, and you better believe we achieve those goals. Gotta write them down figure a plan and do work everyday. If you asked any of the top performing people in the world how they got to where they are, they would tell you they set a goal, made a plan, and got a lot of help along the way. The help part is all I wanted the discussion to be about. I feel like the point is kinda being missed here that this is supposed to be a fun exercise to spark conversation not have the "isn't possible" mindset.

Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Fri May 19, 2017 5:38 am

ETNyates15 wrote:
Dewey wrote:
Wlog wrote:Brand new to hunting to mature buck in 6 months is really asking a lot. I really don't even think it's possible to learn enough in six months to kill a nice buck on purpose. Success is earned. When you figure out the shortcut please fill everyone in.

I completely agree with this. From time to time we get someone here looking for a shortcut. Hate to be the bearer of bad news but it simply doesn't exist. Some new hunters may get lucky and kill a big buck the first year and believe they have it all figured out but then are quickly brought back to reality when they struggle in following years. The common theme with consistent mature buck killers is years and years of experience learning by trial and error. I think it would be very difficult to condense that down to where a novice hunter could apply that in 6 months. Probably not the answer the OP was looking for but just being honest.

Dewey, definitely not looking for a shortcut. Trying to just think differently.

I should have clarified not you specifically. It was a general statement. From time to time we get guys that want to skip the learning phase and jump right to the kill. Seems some guys have no patience and require quick gratification completely missing the journey. Again nothing aimed at anyone specifically. Wish I had a quick and easy answer to your question but it's just not that simple.

Like others have said you need to do the research and put yourself in a situation where bucks the age you require actually exist in fairly high numbers. Your odds will jump dramatically in that case. To me that is easily the biggest challenge. Can't kill whats not there. Once you get that figured out things get a whole lot easier. I still haven't mastered that in 30+ years of trying. That challenge is what keeps me going. If that became easy I honestly would have no fun hunting and would take up a different hobby.
perchsoup

Unread postby perchsoup » Fri May 19, 2017 5:51 am

ETNyates15, I think you might have gotten your answer. There is no list of the best ways to kill the big one. It's all relative to too many factors for every unique individual and situation to put into one list. Everybody wants one of those couch to 5K running plans. Going from zero to big buck killer is like oil and water. Most of us wouldn't have heart surgery from the guy who has been studying medicine for 6 months. Regardless of how hard we work, these are some of the things will take longer than we want. This also comes from a guy who has never taken a "big buck."
ETNyates15

Unread postby ETNyates15 » Fri May 19, 2017 6:24 am

perchsoup wrote:ETNyates15, I think you might have gotten your answer. There is no list of the best ways to kill the big one. It's all relative to too many factors for every unique individual and situation to put into one list. Everybody wants one of those couch to 5K running plans. Going from zero to big buck killer is like oil and water. Most of us wouldn't have heart surgery from the guy who has been studying medicine for 6 months. Regardless of how hard we work, these are some of the things will take longer than we want. This also comes from a guy who has never taken a "big buck."

I just feel there are some underlying unwritten success tactics. That is what this site and all of you guys represent and that was my original intent with the post as I have said. Share your lessons and your tactics. This was in no way intended for me to get some list that I could use this fall to guaranteed kill a big buck. Just a thread that was supposed to let each member share their ideas within that scenario. I think it has kinda turned more serious but it was meant to be fun!
Lastcast#1

Unread postby Lastcast#1 » Fri May 19, 2017 6:43 am

I get the idea presented here as it is purely hypothetical. Many good points have been listed. I am a relatively new deer hunter, 2017 will be my 3rd season..It appears that I could me in the minority as I have begun this hunting journey with the beast from day 1..I do not have any delusions that I will become some kind of monster mature buck slayer any time soon. However, I scout and prepare like that is exactly what I am going to to do..

The beast can certainly push the learning curve, but the knowledge itself does not speed up the process of putting down a mature buck for a new hunter..It has to be applied, and matched with blood, sweat and tears, especially on public.I think one of the great things about this site is that it allows one to "believe" its possible..I believe and I trust what I have learned here..Hard work and time in the field will close the gap..To the op, good post and I understand what you intended..

Regards,

Chad
ETNyates15

Unread postby ETNyates15 » Fri May 19, 2017 7:12 am

Lastcast#1 wrote:I get the idea presented here as it is purely hypothetical. Many good points have been listed. I am a relatively new deer hunter, 2017 will be my 3rd season..It appears that I could me in the minority as I have begun this hunting journey with the beast from day 1..I do not have any delusions that I will become some kind of monster mature buck slayer any time soon. However, I scout and prepare like that is exactly what I am going to to do..

The beast can certainly push the learning curve, but the knowledge itself does not speed up the process of putting down a mature buck for a new hunter..It has to be applied, and matched with blood, sweat and tears, especially on public.I think one of the great things about this site is that it allows one to "believe" its possible..I believe and I trust what I have learned here..Hard work and time in the field will close the gap..To the op, good post and I understand what you intended..

Regards,

Chad

Thanks Chad and totally agree.
JoeRE
500 Club

Unread postby JoeRE » Fri May 19, 2017 7:16 am

ETNyates I understand you now. Sorry I think a lot of us took the original question as a little arrogant, but I clearly understand now that was not your intent.

This is one of those topics were context is hard to communicate. I think you have gotten a lot of valuable feedback already. A 3 year plan, well I think there you can make a lot of progress if you set your mind to it, particularly since you already have some experience hunting.

If your goal is a 4 year old buck then go after it. I still think the #1 factor is where you choose to hunt. The common theme I see in all the trophy photos I see INCLUDING MINE is IA, KS, OH, WI....

Beyond that, you can go 10 different directions. Lease hunting ground all to yourself or hunt public land or anything in between, gun hunt or bow, traditional or compound or crossbow, hunt where there is 1 4 year old every 10 miles or 1 every section of land, use tons of technology like wireless cameras or try to succeed with pure woodsmanship. Tactics are so situational. Really no one can give specific advice beyond those points.
Wlog
500 Club

Unread postby Wlog » Fri May 19, 2017 7:17 am

1.) First things first...Find as many 4+Y/O target animals as possible. Maybe it's 1, maybe it's 10 but the more target bucks you can locate the better. I usually know of 4-5 for sure mature bucks that I have confirmed are still alive going into the season.

2.) Go find them on a summer food source and observe. This applies more to areas with crop fields but where I'm located there are usually crop fields within reasonable walking distance for any deer. Observe a buck in the field then go find his tracks and learn to distinguish them. (Admittedly easier said than done). Take notes of where he enters and exits and all pertinent conditions. Wind, weather, time, etc.

3.) Give them space. You're on a stakeout. You need to see them but you can't let them see or smell you. Not where they'll be alarmed by it atleast. There is an invisible line between the deer zone and the human zone. Deer can cross into yours and be ok with it but you need to stay out of theirs until you go in for the kill. When you scout in mid-late summer or during hunting season you need to have an idea where that invisible line is.

4.) Leave no stone unturned. Say you have 4 target bucks and for each one you've selected four different kill spots. You need to make sure you hit each one. Get in as quietly as possible and sit tight. You need to be confident enough to sit tight as long as it takes. At the same time you need to be perceptive enough to realize when it's a bad setup and decisive enough to get up and make a move.

5.) Can't kill them from the couch. No excuses when it comes to weather. Too hot, too cold, too rainy or too windy can not be in your vocabulary. No one wants to sit through a down pour but that doesn't mean you can't scout and still hunt.

6.) Wait for a good shot not a great one. Take the first good shot don't wait on the perfect slam dunk shot. Chances are it will not happen. I don't mean just start flinging lead or arrows. I mean when you get the first open look that you're confident you can make, do it.

7.) Don't give up too soon. I find dead bucks every year that have been shot and not recovered. A lot of times I find the hunters setup within a few hundred yards. That's unbelievable to me. You would have to bury a deer in the ground for me to not find it within 300 yards of my stand. I think it comes from inexperience tracking and recovering deer. Everyone at the very least should be smart enough to do a grid search.

I hope I answered the OP this time. I think I may have misinterpreted the first time around. :oops:
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Fri May 19, 2017 7:51 am

I knew you were willing to put in the work. You just hit on an idea from Mr. Ferris's experience and figured why not hunting. I really believe hunting is a much more complicated task than learning the tango. I bet the keys to successful tango dancing is repetition. Keep repeating the basic steps until you get them to come naturally. Then add the intermediate steps until those are natural. And so on with the advanced. I can see how someone determined to do this, could learn it in 6 months.

When it comes to hunting. How can you get enough repetition in just 6 months. Especially mature whitetail buck hunting. You need to scout and hope the area has the age of bucks you want present. You have to plan an attack, setting up entrance and exits to and from stands. All based on wind/thermals and weather conditions. Throw in what food source is being used or doe group is ready to come in heat. As added variables to the bucks actual location. At best you get 1/3 of a year to actually hunt. 1/3 of a year to test your findings and theories on how the deer use the habitat they live in.

Now if you look up my posts you'd find I'm far from an expert. Right now I'm held back physically from doing enough scouting to even try tackling a 4.5 YO or bust season. Or get out in enough prime locations during the season. But I've read most everything on here at least twice. Watched the DVD's countless times. Listened to everyone's failures and successes. The best , already highly experienced and some what successful hunters on here all took at least 3 years to get it "altogether". And they're the first to say "I don't know enough yet."

I go back to my 1 1/2 year theory. JoeRE, Stanley and Bucky off of the top of my head. Use trail cams placed in strategic spots. To gather intel through the fall hunting season. They just leave them there to collect data. They don't check them. They don't hunt near them. They then use this data to hunt these bucks the next year. As long as the bucks are still alive.

So if you started record book research in July. Headed to the best areas in August. Glassed from a vehicle or observation stands to locate target bucks. Placed cams in food sources or at licking branches. Where legal over mineral licks or bait. To further collect inventories. Shine where legal. Finding as many targets as possible. You never have enough. Make note of as many of the different bucks track sizes, shapes or unique features. Then cyber scout for likely bedding areas.

Now start scouting in September. Looking for beds and places to set up cams. Forego any actual hunting that season. But spot scout and observe from afar in multiple "hot" areas. Adjusting cams as need be. But never over pressuring the area. Even check possible bedding areas since your not hunting. Take note of how close or far you got from the bed/beds when a buck spooks and heads out. Note wind direction and weather conditions. Where the nearest food source is. Doe bedding, etc.

Refine finding bed/bedding locations once season is done. Also look for more bedding in new areas. So you can keep the ball rolling for the next year. Always make note of wind direction for each bed. Remember wind over back. Usually a sight advantage downwind. Don't ignore doe bedding. Multiple beds near each other facing multiple directions. Often in thicker areas with less of a sight advantage.

Keeping detailed notes as you go. Start analyzing trail cam photos from the fall. During the winter for daylight movement in relation to time of year. Using the weather history for those daylight pics. Making note of wind directions and weather fronts/temp changes. Also food sources and doe locations during pre rut and rut.

Devise plans of attack for each bed/bedding area always with regard to wind. Start setting up entry and exits to kill trees/spots. Set up kill spots, Stanley and JoeRE make a high percentage of their kills from the ground. So don't ignore treeless areas. Doing this during spring and early summer. In the same time frame scouting the new promising areas found this 2nd summer.

Confirm bucks are still alive and find new areas with targets through the summer same as at the start in July/August of last year. Through observation. cams and shining.

During all of this time from the very beginning. Practice with your equipment. Fine tuning everything. Make sure you have great broadhead flight with a high FOC arrow combo. Shoot in highly competitive leagues and 3-d shoots. To try and duplicate the "nerve" factor of the high mental pressure. Buck fever can cause.

Practice with your sticks and stands/treesling of choice. Safety harness too. Silence any noise makers on these. Practice moving through the woods/marsh/swamp with this equipment. Staying as quiet as possible.

Come Sept look for any buck staying on summer patterns. Or locate oaks dropping acorns. Pick bedding that relates to these. Hopefully your in a state that season open around the middle of the month. If you are, hunt the afore mentioned beds on the proper winds. If you had early success. Congrats you beat my system and did it in 1 year and 2 months.

If not continue going through your bedding areas. Taking in regards the wind direction and temp changes/fronts. Hunting on the freshest sign or on beds near shined bucks where legal. Always attempting to hunt on the freshest sign. Scout more than you hunt!!! Remember to place cameras in areas with up and comer bucks for next season. licking branches/scrapes near bedding are best.

Late October start hunting rut areas. Or movement in relation to doe bedding. This is when last seasons camera intel can help the most. Hunt spots on 10 degree or cooler, hopefully cooler, days. Within a few days either side of the date you had daylight pics or sightings from the year before. Here's where you'll have high odds of making a kill. If you do congrats, you did it in 1 year and 3 months.

If not continue this type of hunting through the rut. Either hunting over fresh sign or near to days with daylight sightings on/right after cold fronts. Keeping in mind wind direction at all times. Scouting for hot sign when needed. Never "pushing" a spot if the wind isn't just right.

If you still don't connect during the rut. Start finding the winter food sources. Hopefully you found some during last seasons late season. These will be best on bitter cold days with deep snow. At least in the northern climes. Dress for success. That is dress in a layering system designed for these extra cold temps. Wear solid whites on top if staying on the ground. Despite the cold this is one of the easiest times to kill a mature buck. If you do congrats. You did it in 1 1/2 years. Stashes "fast track" to a 4.5 YO buck.

How'd I do ETNyates15. And especially any of you "real" experienced mature buck killers. How much did I miss.

Actually this turned into a good exercise for myself. Gonna bookmark this and go back and reread this to keep on track. Course for me for now all of this will be on a smaller scale with a 2.5 YO. Making me extremely happy!!!!

Wow topic stayed hot while I typed forever!!! :lol:
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
ETNyates15

Unread postby ETNyates15 » Fri May 19, 2017 8:29 am

Wlog wrote:1.) First things first...Find as many 4+Y/O target animals as possible. Maybe it's 1, maybe it's 10 but the more target bucks you can locate the better. I usually know of 4-5 for sure mature bucks that I have confirmed are still alive going into the season.

2.) Go find them on a summer food source and observe. This applies more to areas with crop fields but where I'm located there are usually crop fields within reasonable walking distance for any deer. Observe a buck in the field then go find his tracks and learn to distinguish them. (Admittedly easier said than done). Take notes of where he enters and exits and all pertinent conditions. Wind, weather, time, etc.

3.) Give them space. You're on a stakeout. You need to see them but you can't let them see or smell you. Not where they'll be alarmed by it atleast. There is an invisible line between the deer zone and the human zone. Deer can cross into yours and be ok with it but you need to stay out of theirs until you go in for the kill. When you scout in mid-late summer or during hunting season you need to have an idea where that invisible line is.

4.) Leave no stone unturned. Say you have 4 target bucks and for each one you've selected four different kill spots. You need to make sure you hit each one. Get in as quietly as possible and sit tight. You need to be confident enough to sit tight as long as it takes. At the same time you need to be perceptive enough to realize when it's a bad setup and decisive enough to get up and make a move.

5.) Can't kill them from the couch. No excuses when it comes to weather. Too hot, too cold, too rainy or too windy can not be in your vocabulary. No one wants to sit through a down pour but that doesn't mean you can't scout and still hunt.

6.) Wait for a good shot not a great one. Take the first good shot don't wait on the perfect slam dunk shot. Chances are it will not happen. I don't mean just start flinging lead or arrows. I mean when you get the first open look that you're confident you can make, do it.

7.) Don't give up too soon. I find dead bucks every year that have been shot and not recovered. A lot of times I find the hunters setup within a few hundred yards. That's unbelievable to me. You would have to bury a deer in the ground for me to not find it within 300 yards of my stand. I think it comes from inexperience tracking and recovering deer. Everyone at the very least should be smart enough to do a grid search.

I hope I answered the OP this time. I think I may have misinterpreted the first time around. :oops:

Thanks Wlog, great post
ETNyates15

Unread postby ETNyates15 » Fri May 19, 2017 8:30 am

stash59 wrote:I knew you were willing to put in the work. You just hit on an idea from Mr. Ferris's experience and figured why not hunting. I really believe hunting is a much more complicated task than learning the tango. I bet the keys to successful tango dancing is repetition. Keep repeating the basic steps until you get them to come naturally. Then add the intermediate steps until those are natural. And so on with the advanced. I can see how someone determined to do this, could learn it in 6 months.

When it comes to hunting. How can you get enough repetition in just 6 months. Especially mature whitetail buck hunting. You need to scout and hope the area has the age of bucks you want present. You have to plan an attack, setting up entrance and exits to and from stands. All based on wind/thermals and weather conditions. Throw in what food source is being used or doe group is ready to come in heat. As added variables to the bucks actual location. At best you get 1/3 of a year to actually hunt. 1/3 of a year to test your findings and theories on how the deer use the habitat they live in.

Now if you look up my posts you'd find I'm far from an expert. Right now I'm held back physically from doing enough scouting to even try tackling a 4.5 YO or bust season. Or get out in enough prime locations during the season. But I've read most everything on here at least twice. Watched the DVD's countless times. Listened to everyone's failures and successes. The best , already highly experienced and some what successful hunters on here all took at least 3 years to get it "altogether". And they're the first to say "I don't know enough yet."

I go back to my 1 1/2 year theory. JoeRE, Stanley and Bucky off of the top of my head. Use trail cams placed in strategic spots. To gather intel through the fall hunting season. They just leave them there to collect data. They don't check them. They don't hunt near them. They then use this data to hunt these bucks the next year. As long as the bucks are still alive.

So if you started record book research in July. Headed to the best areas in August. Glassed from a vehicle or observation stands to locate target bucks. Placed cams in food sources or at licking branches. Where legal over mineral licks or bait. To further collect inventories. Shine where legal. Finding as many targets as possible. You never have enough. Make note of as many of the different bucks track sizes, shapes or unique features. Then cyber scout for likely bedding areas.

Now start scouting in September. Looking for beds and places to set up cams. Forego any actual hunting that season. But spot scout and observe from afar in multiple "hot" areas. Adjusting cams as need be. But never over pressuring the area. Even check possible bedding areas since your not hunting. Take note of how close or far you got from the bed/beds when a buck spooks and heads out. Note wind direction and weather conditions. Where the nearest food source is. Doe bedding, etc.

Refine finding bed/bedding locations once season is done. Also look for more bedding in new areas. So you can keep the ball rolling for the next year. Always make note of wind direction for each bed. Remember wind over back. Usually a sight advantage downwind. Don't ignore doe bedding. Multiple beds near each other facing multiple directions. Often in thicker areas with less of a sight advantage.

Keeping detailed notes as you go. Start analyzing trail cam photos from the fall. During the winter for daylight movement in relation to time of year. Using the weather history for those daylight pics. Making note of wind directions and weather fronts/temp changes. Also food sources and doe locations during pre rut and rut.

Devise plans of attack for each bed/bedding area always with regard to wind. Start setting up entry and exits to kill trees/spots. Set up kill spots, Stanley and JoeRE make a high percentage of their kills from the ground. So don't ignore treeless areas. Doing this during spring and early summer. In the same time frame scouting the new promising areas found this 2nd summer.

Confirm bucks are still alive and find new areas with targets through the summer same as at the start in July/August of last year. Through observation. cams and shining.

During all of this time from the very beginning. Practice with your equipment. Fine tuning everything. Make sure you have great broadhead flight with a high FOC arrow combo. Shoot in highly competitive leagues and 3-d shoots. To try and duplicate the "nerve" factor of the high mental pressure. Buck fever can cause.

Practice with your sticks and stands/treesling of choice. Safety harness too. Silence any noise makers on these. Practice moving through the woods/marsh/swamp with this equipment. Staying as quiet as possible.

Come Sept look for any buck staying on summer patterns. Or locate oaks dropping acorns. Pick bedding that relates to these. Hopefully your in a state that season open around the middle of the month. If you are, hunt the afore mentioned beds on the proper winds. If you had early success. Congrats you beat my system and did it in 1 year and 2 months.

If not continue going through your bedding areas. Taking in regards the wind direction and temp changes/fronts. Hunting on the freshest sign or on beds near shined bucks where legal. Always attempting to hunt on the freshest sign. Scout more than you hunt!!! Remember to place cameras in areas with up and comer bucks for next season. licking branches/scrapes near bedding are best.

Late October start hunting rut areas. Or movement in relation to doe bedding. This is when last seasons camera intel can help the most. Hunt spots on 10 degree or cooler, hopefully cooler, days. Within a few days either side of the date you had daylight pics or sightings from the year before. Here's where you'll have high odds of making a kill. If you do congrats, you did it in 1 year and 3 months.

If not continue this type of hunting through the rut. Either hunting over fresh sign or near to days with daylight sightings on/right after cold fronts. Keeping in mind wind direction at all times. Scouting for hot sign when needed. Never "pushing" a spot if the wind isn't just right.

If you still don't connect during the rut. Start finding the winter food sources. Hopefully you found some during last seasons late season. These will be best on bitter cold days with deep snow. At least in the northern climes. Dress for success. That is dress in a layering system designed for these extra cold temps. Wear solid whites on top if staying on the ground. Despite the cold this is one of the easiest times to kill a mature buck. If you do congrats. You did it in 1 1/2 years. Stashes "fast track" to a 4.5 YO buck.

How'd I do ETNyates15. And especially any of you "real" experienced mature buck killers. How much did I miss.

Actually this turned into a good exercise for myself. Gonna bookmark this and go back and reread this to keep on track. Course for me for now all of this will be on a smaller scale with a 2.5 YO. Making me extremely happy!!!!

Wow topic stayed hot while I typed forever!!! :lol:

Thanks Stash, Lots of great points. Thanks for posting.
SMS79

Unread postby SMS79 » Fri May 19, 2017 3:38 pm

isitseasonyet? wrote:
Dhurtubise wrote::pray:
I dunno if anyone else caught this gem of a post. But if it were life and death and you had 6 months to master big buck hunting, I'd be doing a lot of this :lol:

I caught it as well and with the same reaction. Spot on! It's funny especially b/c it's true. :clap: :lol:
IkemanTx
500 Club

Unread postby IkemanTx » Sat May 20, 2017 12:04 pm

Step 1. Locate myself in an area with an older age structure. It is easier to tag a 4.5er if there are more around.

Step 2. Fly to Wisconsin and learn how to read topo maps from the man himself.... Dan

Step 3. Spend 3 months before season scouting every ounce of public land I can.

Step 4. Max out all available lines of credit on cellular cameras so I can get real time inventory data from as many places as possible without the wasted time and added pressure of having to go back to the camera location.

Step 5. Hunt entirely mobile with sticks/spikes, saddle, over fresh sign only.

Step 6. Spend every single morning and evening of the season in the field sitting the highest probability spots, working my way to the lowest probability.

Step 7. If, a week before season ends, you still haven't killed the required buck... turn all the hunting strategy you have learned over the last few months towards mercilessly killing the man who threatens your family.
Go where none other dare to go, and there you'll find success.
ETNyates15

Unread postby ETNyates15 » Sat May 20, 2017 1:22 pm

IkemanTx wrote:Step 1. Locate myself in an area with an older age structure. It is easier to tag a 4.5er if there are more around.

Step 2. Fly to Wisconsin and learn how to read topo maps from the man himself.... Dan

Step 3. Spend 3 months before season scouting every ounce of public land I can.

Step 4. Max out all available lines of credit on cellular cameras so I can get real time inventory data from as many places as possible without the wasted time and added pressure of having to go back to the camera location.

Step 5. Hunt entirely mobile with sticks/spikes, saddle, over fresh sign only.

Step 6. Spend every single morning and evening of the season in the field sitting the highest probability spots, working my way to the lowest probability.

Step 7. If, a week before season ends, you still haven't killed the required buck... turn all the hunting strategy you have learned over the last few months towards mercilessly killing the man who threatens your family.

Lol, I like your thinking.
justdirtyfun
500 Club

Unread postby justdirtyfun » Sat May 20, 2017 3:05 pm

With this being a theoretical 6 month period let's muddy the water...

What 6 month period would you want for this scenario? If it is do or die being called a poacher don't scare me.

I have discovered a pattern for my life. An interesting subject is thoroughly discovered and soaked in. Days or years go by in this journey. Rinse, repeat.

The Internet can be life changing if you leave the dumb cat videos for the dummies. Pay attention to what goes into your hair covered computer .

Stay thirsty my friends.
You don't have to be the best, just do your best.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”