See more deer in morning or evening.

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Rich M
500 Club

Re: See more deer in morning or evening.

Unread postby Rich M » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:45 am

In my experience - morning. Also, see the older bucks about 1 hr after the does and small bucks (pre-rut and early rut).

That was in Georgia. The guys I'm hunting with in SC say PM for deer sightings. Will soon find out.

mastermind

Unread postby mastermind » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:37 am

Mornings for me! I've killed probably 90% of my bigger mature bucks in the am. I've had the most consistent success on pressured public land deer, from the salt marsh to the mountains hunting in the mornings. The evenings are tough here in NJ I've watched numerous mature bucks get up from there bed an hour before dark and just stand there till dark. Hopefully one day I can figure out the evening set ups...lol.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
DO WORK SON!
Bigb
500 Club

Unread postby Bigb » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:15 am

For me, it all depends. After being on this website, I've started to see a lot more deer in the morning. I've found spots that I wouldnt have sat before and it has really helped. It's funny, 3 years ago, if I saw a deer in the AM I was fairly happy. Now, I see at least a few and more mature bucks.

That being said, the area i hunt has some spots that I just can't access in the am due to spooking a lot of deer our of ag fields. Since I can't hunt these spots in the AM, I do have fairly good luck seeing bigger bucks in the afternoon. Most are downwind of bedding areas or funnels. I do hunt mainly in the rut because I live 3 hours from where I hunt.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”