Public Land Sale

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Kraftd
500 Club

Public Land Sale

Unread postby Kraftd » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:57 pm

I've beaten this drum here a couple of times, but two of my favorite spots in WI are slated for potential sale as part of the next round of land sales. These are tougher to access pieces, the kind of stuff a lot of us target. Get out to NRB meetings fellas, once it's gone it ain't coming back, and the sale of public lands is simple short sighted stupidity. Both of these pieces are extensive floodplain and wetland and won't be bringing crap back to the tax roster. The drop in the bucket that they will bring with the sale could easily be made up with selective harvest timber sales over time or other creative uses. Long and the short is moneyed folks will snap these up, probably as hunting properties in both cases.

Bad, bad, bad... Hunting going the way of the rich gets thrown out here quite a bit. This is exactly how that is going to work. Talk to your politicians, tell them you're sick of their poor planning and bad leadership taking things right out from under you.

OK, rant over, but this, more that any cause, I think is something we as sportsmen need to be aware of and fight tooth and nail.

Lockdown

Re: Public Land Sale

Unread postby Lockdown » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:10 pm

:twisted:
Kraftd
500 Club

Unread postby Kraftd » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:37 pm

Here is the link to the WDNR page for the land sales. Essentially WDNR was mandated to sell 10,000 acres by 2017 in 2013, presumably as a short term budget fix.

http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/lands/RealEstate/landsearch.asp
vermonthunter16
500 Club

Unread postby vermonthunter16 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:32 pm

Public land should stay public... It is outrageous they are selling.. Just trying to make some extra money :naughty:
-Rick
DaveT1963
500 Club

Unread postby DaveT1963 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:26 am

vermonthunter16 wrote:Public land should stay public... It is outrageous they are selling.. Just trying to make some extra money :naughty:

Just wait until Billary gets in office - the liberal animal lovers want ALL public land to be under UN control/jurisdiction. If that happens kiss hunting on any public land good bye. And yet people still are sitting on the fence because they don't like the way the media presents Trump and thus they are in fact going to ensure Billary is in the oval office.
vermonthunter16
500 Club

Unread postby vermonthunter16 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:57 am

Either way we are in trouble Dave... I think write ins are going to be a popular option this voting session..
-Rick
jessejames

Unread postby jessejames » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:58 am

Walker for sportsman!!!!!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
DaveT1963
500 Club

Unread postby DaveT1963 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:12 am

vermonthunter16 wrote:Either way we are in trouble Dave... I think write ins are going to be a popular option this voting session..

and that will ensure Billary is elected.
Kraftd
500 Club

Unread postby Kraftd » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:24 am

DaveT1963 wrote:
vermonthunter16 wrote:Either way we are in trouble Dave... I think write ins are going to be a popular option this voting session..

I think Trump is doing a fine job ensuring that Hillary will win on his own. Two very very disturbing choices if you ask me. I agree with your sentiment of where things could be headed under Hilary, but much of the current land-grab in WI and the west in particular is coming from the far right. Maybe I'm a cynic, but what is painted as fiscal responsibility or minimizing control of the feds sure feels like a land grab for the rich and energy industry (more out west than WI). No matter which side of the aisle it's coming from (probably both), it's a terrible precedent in my opinion.
justin84
500 Club

Unread postby justin84 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:36 am

Wow, I noticed some is right down the road from my in law's place in st germain.
JoeRE
500 Club

Unread postby JoeRE » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:13 am

Kraftd wrote:
DaveT1963 wrote:

I think Trump is doing a fine job ensuring that Hillary will win on his own. Two very very disturbing choices if you ask me. I agree with your sentiment of where things could be headed under Hilary, but much of the current land-grab in WI and the west in particular is coming from the far right. Maybe I'm a cynic, but what is painted as fiscal responsibility or minimizing control of the feds sure feels like a land grab for the rich and energy industry (more out west than WI). No matter which side of the aisle it's coming from (probably both), it's a terrible precedent in my opinion.

Agreed. Public lands in the US are in more danger than they have been for many decades thanks to many Republicans and Democrats - who all just grab their ankles for the almighty dollar. Wisconsin is a mostly red state. Thanks for bringing this up Kraft even though I hate to see it.

Its important to remember anti-hunters will not end hunting. Apathy will end hunting. This is a symptom of that.
Whitetailaddict
500 Club

Unread postby Whitetailaddict » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:48 am

This is a very disturbing trend and one you would have to think Teddy Roosevelt would be ashamed of. I agree with others saying we are in trouble with either major party candidate and there are days I wonder if Trump is working for Hillary's campaign to help her get elected. I won't vote for either and wish someone like Gary Johnson could get elected and establish term limits for these politicians so they start working for the people that voted them in instead of big money. This is the only way I see politicians becoming more in tune to our spending because of right now both sides get enough money from special interests to not care about the average voter.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”