Home....

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Home....

Unread postby dan » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:59 am

shogan wrote:Well this really escalated.

First of all, I work for the production in question and am an old "beast" member. Admittedly, life got busy and I haven't been on here in years. However...the knowledge on here is insane. I actually spoke to the OP at the door briefly.

I just wanted to clarify a few things:

The production is for entertainment purposes. We don't claim to be celebrities and our mission has always been to bring average Michigan hunters something realistic compared to the big name shows that portray unrealistic scenarios for the average hunter and leads to a younger generation fed unrealistic expectations. As the oldest of 8 a large reason why I do what I do is to introduce kids to hunting with a production that will leave them with a realistic expectation of deer hunting. That is why there were three youth hunts shown at the premiere.

This is not a tactics DVD. I know literally every single one of you are better hunters than I am, and I envy most of you for it. But this production was created to go back to the fundamental reason we like to hunt in the first place. Being at peace in God's creation and outsmarting a whitetail and having a great time doing it. It is not quite as in depth as the tactics taught on this forum (though I would love to learn more of them)

Historically, our hunts have been a mix of public and private. This year the public side of things was tough and the vast majority of the properties shown were in fact private. It is very rare for us to have exclusive access to a property, so saying these are managed pieces is quite a stretch. These are clearly pressured parcels. I apologize if you were misled.

I look forward to responding in a cordial, professional manner and would appreciate if all questions or concerns were voiced similarly.

God bless,

Sam

Thanks for responding in a polite and truthful manor... I know it can be frustrating to see negative comments about what you love doing... I was just going to make a post on here about something that you actually touched on a little. The fact that not everybody is like the BEAST hunters, and there is plenty of room for everybody, and that we should respect hunters whether they do it our way or a different way... Tactic video's bore most hunters. They like action. Just a different breed of guys here.
If what your doing was so bad, you wouldn't sell and DVD's... Lets face it, if I sold DVD's about playing with puppys, I don't think many would sell...

I really don't care much for entertainment type videos, but they are attractive to certain groups or individuals... Good luck in your venture, and feel free to post your website, you might sell some DVD's or gain some interest...

Bayshorebuck8
500 Club

Unread postby Bayshorebuck8 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:17 am

dan wrote:

First of all, I work for the production in question and am an old "beast" member. Admittedly, life got busy and I haven't been on here in years. However...the knowledge on here is insane. I actually spoke to the OP at the door briefly.

The production is for entertainment purposes. We don't claim to be celebrities and our mission has always been to bring average Michigan hunters something realistic compared to the big name shows that portray unrealistic scenarios for the average hunter and leads to a younger generation fed unrealistic expectations. As the oldest of 8 a large reason why I do what I do is to introduce kids to hunting with a production that will leave them with a realistic expectation of deer hunting. That is why there were three youth hunts shown at the premiere.

This is not a tactics DVD. I know literally every single one of you are better hunters than I am, and I envy most of you for it. But this production was created to go back to the fundamental reason we like to hunt in the first place. Being at peace in God's creation and outsmarting a whitetail and having a great time doing it. It is not quite as in depth as the tactics taught on this forum (though I would love to learn more of them)

Historically, our hunts have been a mix of public and private. This year the public side of things was tough and the vast majority of the properties shown were in fact private. It is very rare for us to have exclusive access to a property, so saying these are managed pieces is quite a stretch. These are clearly pressured parcels. I apologize if you were misled.

I look forward to responding in a cordial, professional manner and would appreciate if all questions or concerns were voiced similarly.

God bless,

Sam

Thanks for responding in a polite and truthful manor... I know it can be frustrating to see negative comments about what you love doing... I was just going to make a post on here about something that you actually touched on a little. The fact that not everybody is like the BEAST hunters, and there is plenty of room for everybody, and that we should respect hunters whether they do it our way or a different way... Tactic video's bore most hunters. They like action. Just a different breed of guys here.
If what your doing was so bad, you wouldn't sell and DVD's... Lets face it, if I sold DVD's about playing with puppys, I don't think many would sell...

I really don't care much for entertainment type videos, but they are attractive to certain groups or individuals... Good luck in your venture, and feel free to post your website, you might sell some DVD's or gain some interest...

X2! Everybody is entitled to their own opinion and not everyone shares the same interests as others.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
shogan

Unread postby shogan » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:05 am

Hawthorne wrote:

God bless,

Sam

What's the name of the company? I would like to watch.

The company is Michigan Whitetail Pursuit. I want to reiterate that it is not a tactics production. Thanks for your interest and I appreciate this post taking a turn for the better! I will surely be making an effort to read up more on here! Who knows? Maybe it will eventually transition to more of a tactics oriented production!
shogan

Unread postby shogan » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:05 am

Hawthorne wrote:

God bless,

Sam

What's the name of the company? I would like to watch.

The company is Michigan Whitetail Pursuit. I want to reiterate that it is not a tactics production. Thanks for your interest and I appreciate this post taking a turn for the better! I will surely be making an effort to read up more on here! Who knows? Maybe it will eventually transition to more of a tactics oriented production!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”