Home....

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

whitetailassasin

Re: Home....

Unread postby whitetailassasin » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:31 am

ozzz wrote:It just comes off kind of bad when you are bashing someone who is try I trying to walk the walk and you are just talking the talk.

Best of luck if your this sensitive about it, you might need it

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Lieing is trying to walk the walk? I'm not advertising and selling my brand and DVDs to good hardworking people, posing. Your right about one thing you said I will need a lot of "best luck" I know I'll need it. But like I said it will be real deal.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

ozzz

Unread postby ozzz » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:33 am

You listed a bunch of things they did "wrong". That doesn't insinuate that you would do it better?

If it bleeds, we can kill it . . . .
Bayshorebuck8
500 Club

Unread postby Bayshorebuck8 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:40 am

Oz it wasent about bashing somebody, it was about a group of people saying they were hunting and doing things a certain way and then come to find out its not the way we expected or wanted to be associated with. Them guys do a good job with filming and editing there footage. Also they do chairty which is great as well but the president of that group told wta numerous times how they were getting it done on pressured mature animals. He told him about how they hunt public and private both and invited him to the show and wanted to talk about getting him involved. I became dissapointed with what i saw after numerous unethical shots being taken, numerous taking of young deer claiming to be mature when clearly they were not. Also it was 100 % percent private managed land. Im not saying they are bad people its just not something id want to be apart of. I think were aiming to do things a bit differently. The way they do things is just not who we are or what were trying to do. This thread was NOT started to bash other people that is why we didint mention names. Its a free country and you certainly have a right to voice your opinion but it sounds out of place talking like that when thats not what this thread was even started about in the first place. To come on here and just start spouting off makes me think you havent read everything or your taking things the wrong way. Them guys can continue selling dvds and all there merch, i think the bottom line is wta and i just are not interested in buying any of it. Were trying to take a different approach with things and film some hunts for extreme whitetail tactics and have fun doing it. Dan invited us to do so so we took him up on it, this thread has gone a comepletly different way from which it was intended. Its too bad.

whitetailassasin

Unread postby whitetailassasin » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:41 am

ozzz wrote:You listed a bunch of things they did "wrong". That doesn't insinuate that you would do it better?

No ozzz, it lists things we noticed that were wrong, and me listing them is giving you facts to back up my opinion. I'm grown guy, I say what I mean and don't hide behind statements. I saw what not just to me but another beast was obvious and not correct. They had shaky footage in several scenes, some where good video quality and there was some good cinematography, but I'm not saying I could video better, but I do think people want to see how to do things and I would base my work off doing just that. Are you telling me I'm not entitled to my opinion or that the fellow beast I was with isn't either? You don't have to agree, with my assessment, but have you saw the video, or read the emails they sent to me? Or spoke with them afterwards? No you haven't, but based off my opinions and no facts that support my feelings your going to in turn bash me?

Side note for you ozzz, lying to the public about what you stand for, taking unethical shots, and posing are qualities real hunters find offensive and sheds a bad light on hunting to me and I take offense to someone doing that to me. Especially when I pay money for tickets and wait for someone's time after and drive 2.5 hours just to see crap.

Last edited by whitetailassasin on Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
ozzz

Unread postby ozzz » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:43 am

God speed gents, look forward to your work.

Outdoor814
500 Club

Unread postby Outdoor814 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:47 am

Different strokes for different folks. Let's just let bygones be bygones and get over it.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
Joe™
Bayshorebuck8
500 Club

Unread postby Bayshorebuck8 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:52 am

I agree with ya outdoor but people ought not to open there mouths when they dont know what there talking about. Thats how people get offended and how crap starts on the fourms. We started the thread voicing our opinions about what we thought about a certain group of people , whom we didint even name, then you have fellow beasts coming on and taking it a completely different direction....... if you werent there that night you shouldent even be talking about our opinions, its just ridiculous people actually take the time to do that to other peoples threads.

ozzz

Unread postby ozzz » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:54 am

Just use a simple disclaimer next time.

"If you don't want to participate in our circle jerk don't comment on this thread"

That should solve your troubles.

Last edited by ozzz on Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
whitetailassasin

Unread postby whitetailassasin » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:58 am

ozzz wrote:Just use a simple disclaimer next time.

"If you don't want to participate in our circle jerez don't comment on this thread"

Another articulate post, displaying it's intelligence, I'm grateful for your insight and contributions.

Last edited by whitetailassasin on Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bayshorebuck8
500 Club

Unread postby Bayshorebuck8 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:59 am

whitetailassasin wrote:
ozzz wrote:Just use a simple disclaimer next time.

"If you don't want to participate in our circle jerez don't comment on this thread"

Another articulate post, displaying it's intelligence, I'm grateful for your insight and contributions.

Hahahahahah wow.

Outdoor814
500 Club

Unread postby Outdoor814 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:32 am

WTA stop fueling the fire man. There is always going to be someone out there who doesn't agree with you. Don't let them get the best of you.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
Joe™
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:37 am

Dewey wrote:Come on guys this isn't Archery Talk (aka Argue Talk)

We appreciate both of your views but arguing back and forth like this isn't good for any of us. Probably better to discuss things like this in PM's and hash it out.

Personal attacks tend to hurt feelings. We are all guilty of this (including myself) from time to time but moving forward we all need to improve on this by keeping it off the forums. Disagreements are fine and healthy to see both views but not when we start throwing out borderline insults. Thank You.

Like I said before let's clean it up. If you guys can't play nice we will have no other choice other than lock this thread down. Don't like doing that but sometimes we don't have a choice.

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:55 am

I just spent 10 minutes cleaning up this thread... We do not allow people to make offense comment, whether or not its in response to a comment... If you guys can't clean up your behavior I will start the process of removing you from this site... We just banned someone a couple days ago for less offensive comments. If you have a personal issue you can't keep to your self, PM it... Keep it off this board!
shogan

Unread postby shogan » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:15 am

Well this really escalated.

First of all, I work for the production in question and am an old "beast" member. Admittedly, life got busy and I haven't been on here in years. However...the knowledge on here is insane. I actually spoke to the OP at the door briefly.

I just wanted to clarify a few things:

The production is for entertainment purposes. We don't claim to be celebrities and our mission has always been to bring average Michigan hunters something realistic compared to the big name shows that portray unrealistic scenarios for the average hunter and leads to a younger generation fed unrealistic expectations. As the oldest of 8 a large reason why I do what I do is to introduce kids to hunting with a production that will leave them with a realistic expectation of deer hunting. That is why there were three youth hunts shown at the premiere.

This is not a tactics DVD. I know literally every single one of you are better hunters than I am, and I envy most of you for it. But this production was created to go back to the fundamental reason we like to hunt in the first place. Being at peace in God's creation and outsmarting a whitetail and having a great time doing it. It is not quite as in depth as the tactics taught on this forum (though I would love to learn more of them)

Historically, our hunts have been a mix of public and private. This year the public side of things was tough and the vast majority of the properties shown were in fact private. It is very rare for us to have exclusive access to a property, so saying these are managed pieces is quite a stretch. These are clearly pressured parcels. I apologize if you were misled.

I look forward to responding in a cordial, professional manner and would appreciate if all questions or concerns were voiced similarly.

God bless,

Sam
Hawthorne
500 Club

Unread postby Hawthorne » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:28 am

shogan wrote:Well this really escalated.

First of all, I work for the production in question and am an old "beast" member. Admittedly, life got busy and I haven't been on here in years. However...the knowledge on here is insane. I actually spoke to the OP at the door briefly.

I just wanted to clarify a few things:

The production is for entertainment purposes. We don't claim to be celebrities and our mission has always been to bring average Michigan hunters something realistic compared to the big name shows that portray unrealistic scenarios for the average hunter and leads to a younger generation fed unrealistic expectations. As the oldest of 8 a large reason why I do what I do is to introduce kids to hunting with a production that will leave them with a realistic expectation of deer hunting. That is why there were three youth hunts shown at the premiere.

This is not a tactics DVD. I know literally every single one of you are better hunters than I am, and I envy most of you for it. But this production was created to go back to the fundamental reason we like to hunt in the first place. Being at peace in God's creation and outsmarting a whitetail and having a great time doing it. It is not quite as in depth as the tactics taught on this forum (though I would love to learn more of them)

Historically, our hunts have been a mix of public and private. This year the public side of things was tough and the vast majority of the properties shown were in fact private. It is very rare for us to have exclusive access to a property, so saying these are managed pieces is quite a stretch. These are clearly pressured parcels. I apologize if you were misled.

I look forward to responding in a cordial, professional manner and would appreciate if all questions or concerns were voiced similarly.

God bless,

Sam

What's the name of the company? I would like to watch.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”