Source for Lonewolf Hardware?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

checkerfred
500 Club

Source for Lonewolf Hardware?

Unread postby checkerfred » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:39 am

Does anyone know of a good place to get replacement hardware, specifically the nylon washers? All my sticks' bolts and nuts are good but would be interested in having a source for that as well. I need to replace a few washers. Last time I called Lonewolf, I would have to buy an entire hardware package just to get a few washers.

DaveT1963
500 Club

Re: Source for Lonewolf Hardware?

Unread postby DaveT1963 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:43 am

checkerfred wrote:Does anyone know of a good place to get replacement hardware, specifically the nylon washers? All my sticks' bolts and nuts are good but would be interested in having a source for that as well. I need to replace a few washers. Last time I called Lonewolf, I would have to buy an entire hardware package just to get a few washers.

do a google search on nylon washers - a lot of places carry them on-line. I personally get mine form Tractor Supply here in town. If I am in a pinch I will make them from plastic milk jugs
checkerfred
500 Club

Unread postby checkerfred » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:45 am

DaveT1963 wrote:
checkerfred wrote:Does anyone know of a good place to get replacement hardware, specifically the nylon washers? All my sticks' bolts and nuts are good but would be interested in having a source for that as well. I need to replace a few washers. Last time I called Lonewolf, I would have to buy an entire hardware package just to get a few washers.

do a google search on nylon washers - a lot of places carry them on-line. I personally get mine form Tractor Supply here in town. If I am in a pinch I will make them from plastic milk jugs

Thanks Dave...I haven't thought about tractor supply....I had checked with ACE and Lowes and they didn't have anything in the right size.
darenative

Unread postby darenative » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:53 am

McMaster-Carr should have em

http://www.mcmaster.com/#Standard-Washers
basspro05
500 Club

Unread postby basspro05 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:06 am

Dan has a buddy that makes a nylon washer kit for these...he had link on here at one time
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:10 am

basspro05 wrote:Dan has a buddy that makes a nylon washer kit for these...he had link on here at one time

Yes this is a great kit. PM Dan.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
ThePreBanMan
500 Club

Unread postby ThePreBanMan » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:31 pm

Here you go:
http://www.ultrec.com/product_wnk.html

Be advised - on the newer sticks (mine are 1 year old) some of the bolts/nuts are actually 1/4-28 and not 1/4-20.

I don't like the factory washers. They don't seem to be as tough to me. I found these on Amazon which I think are better:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FN ... ge_o00_s00

I get the replacement nuts/bolts from BoltDepot.Com. When I replace I go entirely 1/4-28 (stronger) Grade 8 hardware. Don't use anything less than grade 8. You may have to spray paint them black. No big deal.
fauxfly

Unread postby fauxfly » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:18 am

Just an FYI - I used stainless steel washers, ( I replaced all the nylon washers) Stainless steel won't wear out and it doesn't squeak when it rides on aluminum! I think the whole works cost about 9 bucks from Fleet Farm. Love 'em!!
kenn1320
500 Club

Unread postby kenn1320 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:43 am

fauxfly wrote:Just an FYI - I used stainless steel washers, ( I replaced all the nylon washers) Stainless steel won't wear out and it doesn't squeak when it rides on aluminum! I think the whole works cost about 9 bucks from Fleet Farm. Love 'em!!

If im not mistaken stainless and aluminum don't get along well. You might experience corrosion after they sit and become noisy. They are also harder than the sticks and will wear the sticks, hence the reason they use nylon type from the factory.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Its about taking the right shot at the right time with good equipment." Dan Infalt
kenn1320
500 Club

Unread postby kenn1320 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:45 am

ThePreBanMan wrote:Here you go:
http://www.ultrec.com/product_wnk.html

Be advised - on the newer sticks (mine are 1 year old) some of the bolts/nuts are actually 1/4-28 and not 1/4-20.

I don't like the factory washers. They don't seem to be as tough to me. I found these on Amazon which I think are better:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FN ... ge_o00_s00

I get the replacement nuts/bolts from BoltDepot.Com. When I replace I go entirely 1/4-28 (stronger) Grade 8 hardware. Don't use anything less than grade 8. You may have to spray paint them black. No big deal.

All socket head cap screws(Allen bolts) are grade 8 minimum. I think they are typ grade 12.9.

"Its about taking the right shot at the right time with good equipment." Dan Infalt
Peeps22
500 Club

Unread postby Peeps22 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:28 am

kenn1320 wrote:
fauxfly wrote:Just an FYI - I used stainless steel washers, ( I replaced all the nylon washers) Stainless steel won't wear out and it doesn't squeak when it rides on aluminum! I think the whole works cost about 9 bucks from Fleet Farm. Love 'em!!

If im not mistaken stainless and aluminum don't get along well. You might experience corrosion after they sit and become noisy. They are also harder than the sticks and will wear the sticks, hence the reason they use nylon type from the factory.

You are 100% right ken, you dont want those to sit against each other because they will cause a reaction which starts corrosion.

Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:10 am

kenn1320 wrote:

I don't think the stainless washers would cause much trouble if any. The sticks are anodized for one and the dry conditions won't cause the two dissimilar metals to react. Boat motors use stainless and aluminum together as an industry standard. Boat motors do have a sacrificial anode that is mainly needed for salt water. I do agree the nylon may be a better choice from a metal to non metal standpoint. I would not worry about the sticks corroding away using the stainless washers.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Peeps22
500 Club

Unread postby Peeps22 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:05 am

What about the steps stan? Im thinking they are made out of aluminum and they may be anodized but with the steps being able to rotate do you think that would wear the anodic coating off over time? Just curious i guess.

Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:10 am

I think the entire purpose for nylon is that it's quiet and reduces wear from steps and v-brackets when they rotate. I would think over time the harder stainless will wear into the aluminum. Can't say I ever heard a squeak from nylon washers. :?

Bow wax boys. ;)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Buckfever
500 Club

Unread postby Buckfever » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:58 pm

I bought a ton of replacement stuff directly from Lone Wolf and they didn't charge me much at all.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”