Fishidy app

BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Re: Fishidy app

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:27 am

pitz0022 wrote:I'll give another tip of the hat to navionics. I was surprised at how much I use it when not fishing. For example my buddy and I meet for lunch a couple times a month and use it to discuss spots. Also last summer on kabetogama it was great because it had all the buoys on it and made learning to navigate the lake a breeze.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Same here. I use it all the time to discuss strategy and show exactly where I was fishing and why.

Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:34 am

BassBoysLLP wrote:
Singing Bridge wrote:I really wish they hadn't put Gogebic on the Next Bite... Now everyone and their cousin will head that way. Oh well, it's been a good 30 years!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Gogebic definitely isn't amateur water. Travel is rough most years. Devils Lake isn't much better many years.

We have a lake in the lower peninsula that someone "accidentally" dumped fresh water shrimp into... They expanded in the lake by countless millions and the perch are becoming monstrous.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:35 am

Another vote for Navionics, well worth the $10 or $15. My phone never works in Canada otherwise I would have been all over the $15 version.
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:30 am

Singing Bridge wrote:
BassBoysLLP wrote:
Singing Bridge wrote:I really wish they hadn't put Gogebic on the Next Bite... Now everyone and their cousin will head that way. Oh well, it's been a good 30 years!

Gogebic definitely isn't amateur water. Travel is rough most years. Devils Lake isn't much better many years.

We have a lake in the lower peninsula that someone "accidentally" dumped fresh water shrimp into... They expanded in the lake by countless millions and the perch are becoming monstrous.

8-)

Peeps22
500 Club

Unread postby Peeps22 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:31 am

I swear everytime i watch john gillespie on tv he is 3 sheets to the wind. The guy is wild! Those were some toads they were catching though.

Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:34 am

Peeps22 wrote:I swear everytime i watch john gillespie on tv he is 3 sheets to the wind. The guy is wild! Those were some toads they were catching though.

Might be something to that. :lol: When he was sponsored by PBR he fell on the ice and broke his shoulder!

My favorite episodes are when he's musky fishing with Pete Maina and when setting the hook almost falls out of the boat. :lol:

olivertractor
Facebook: what's facebook

Unread postby olivertractor » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:48 am

Dewey wrote:
Peeps22 wrote:I swear everytime i watch john gillespie on tv he is 3 sheets to the wind. The guy is wild! Those were some toads they were catching though.

Might be something to that. :lol: When he was sponsored by PBR he fell on the ice and broke his shoulder!

My favorite episodes are when he's musky fishing with Pete Maina and when setting the hook almost falls out of the boat. :lol:

My buddy thought he heard Gillespie boys out on the little ice sheet on Lake Superior, said he heard that unmistakable voice

"Sad state of affairs when I'm voting for who's gonna hurt us less, than who's gonna help us more"
Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:56 am

I love watching that guy! Although I've fished with characters that go above and beyond... :lol:

Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:59 am

olivertractor wrote:
Dewey wrote:

My buddy thought he heard Gillespie boys out on the little ice sheet on Lake Superior, said he heard that unmistakable voice

Did he hear Slobosaurus Massive Rex? :think: :lol:

My wife hates when I watch his show. Says the guy annoys her with his loud mouth. :lol:

BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:57 am

The guy is always falling down on the ice.

[bbvideo=425,350]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BQgBB7Tr04[/bbvideo]

He knows more about Johnsonvilles and Leinenkugels than fishing.

I don't mind watching him for entertainment value, but I don't think I'd ever be able to fish with the guy. He'd drive me nuts.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:12 am

Entertainment value is about right with him. I like watching every week just to keep up on whats currently going on around the state or even the midwest. His musky episodes are what I'm most interested in. He fishes with some of the best.

Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:15 am

Looks like I will stick with the free version of Fishidy and download the Navionics App. Thanks guys. 8-)

olivertractor

Unread postby olivertractor » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:39 am

Dewey wrote:
olivertractor wrote:
Dewey wrote:

Did he hear Slobosaurus Massive Rex? :think: :lol:

My wife hates when I watch his show. Says the guy annoys her with his loud mouth. :lol:

Under friendly border warfare him being MN, me being WI, said one of my fellow loud and obnoxious drunkin statesman was fishing next to him :)

"Sad state of affairs when I'm voting for who's gonna hurt us less, than who's gonna help us more"
olivertractor

Unread postby olivertractor » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:42 am

BassBoysLLP wrote:The guy is always falling down on the ice.

[bbvideo=425,350]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BQgBB7Tr04[/bbvideo]

He knows more about Johnsonvilles and Leinenkugels than fishing.

I don't mind watching him for entertainment value, but I don't think I'd ever be able to fish with the guy. He'd drive me nuts.

Haha that's something, never watched any of his vids

Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:59 pm

I couldn't understand how to work Navionics. So, I had a Gander Mountain gift card at my disposal and got a lake topo book instead. i will have to look into that fishidy app.
The cave you fear hides the treasure you seek!!!

• Advertisement

Return to “Game fish, pan fish, and general fishing talk”