Boundary Waters Bear Hunt Video

The Beast’s of the North woods. Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

PAbigbear

Re: Boundary Waters Bear Hunt Video

Unread postby PAbigbear » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:38 pm

Very nicely done! Were you anywhere near Ely, MN? I was part of a fire crew from PA that worked on Pagami Creek fire in 2012. We were mainly working around Bog Lake. We didn't see any bears, but saw moose and wolf tracks.

bowhunter15
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/DIY-Spor ... 3136327062

Unread postby bowhunter15 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:40 pm

Dhurtubise wrote:Thanks for posting. I really enjoyed the city of cinematography. What happen when your friend shot twice?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Well, it turns out it wasn't him shooting. We have no idea who it was or what they were shooting at. He thought it was me.

Crazinamatese wrote:Cool video. What type of camera are you using for those night sky shots?

Sony NEX-5R with a Mitakon Lens Turbo II adapter and Canon FD 28mm f/2.8 lens. Set for 20second exposures, ISO 1600, f/2.8.

PAbigbear wrote:Very nicely done! Were you anywhere near Ely, MN? I was part of a fire crew from PA that worked on Pagami Creek fire in 2012. We were mainly working around Bog Lake. We didn't see any bears, but saw moose and wolf tracks.

We were a little east of Bog lake. Actually we considered going there for a bit because of the swamps around the lake. We went in on the Island river EP for a few miles and then north into the BWCA. If you didn't see much bear sign that was consistent with what we saw. If you have any leads on areas that are more known for bears it would be greatly appreciated! :D
PAbigbear

Unread postby PAbigbear » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:43 am

Sorry, I don't know anything about the area. I was only there for 2 weeks in October 2011. Thought it was neat to kind of see the area after a fire. Normally you never get to see the area after you were there.

• Advertisement

Return to “Bear Hunting”