And I thought the dumpster dumping was over!!!

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
Wrinkleneck
500 Club

Re: And I thought the dumpster dumping was over!!!

Unread postby Wrinkleneck » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:04 am

:shock: What a shame!!!

BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:14 am

thats disgusting agreed with a previous post though the dnr sharpshooters would have to hide this better were there apparent arrow or bullet holes in any of them?
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind." Fred Bear
BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:17 am

the fur on a couple in the dumpsters appears to "rubbed off" as though they came in contact with a bumper. The number of roadkill deer has jumped like crazy, as expected, in the last week or so. I went to school at 9am the other day and by the time my afternoon class got out and i was on my way home there were three fresh road kills that occured between 9am and 3pm. Its just that time of year and the one antler appears to be broken off.
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind." Fred Bear
Treejunkie

Unread postby Treejunkie » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:39 am

BackWoodsHunter wrote:the fur on a couple in the dumpsters appears to "rubbed off" as though they came in contact with a bumper. The number of roadkill deer has jumped like crazy, as expected, in the last week or so. I went to school at 9am the other day and by the time my afternoon class got out and i was on my way home there were three fresh road kills that occured between 9am and 3pm. Its just that time of year and the one antler appears to be broken off.

Road kills makes more sense. Hopefully that is what they are.
Mountain Man
500 Club

Unread postby Mountain Man » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:40 am

Based on what I see in the photos I would say they are road kill. Some aren't even gutted and the position of the left front leg/shoulder on the deer in the middle of the first picture looks like it's broken. The one buck with the antler broken just above the burr suggests road kill to me where the antler snapped off on a vehicle or when it hit the road. The antler that was sawed off could be a road kill - sometimes you see that or recently in SE WI I've seen a few big deer along the side of the road with the whole head cut off. Also the blotchy loss of fur could be road rash or they were sitting on the side of the road for a few days and started to spoil and the hair fell out before they were picked up.

I also have to wonder if the donation drop off sites get questionable deer donated that are on the verge of or have already started to spoil.

If they are not road kills, but good deer that have gone bad, then it is a shame they are being wasted.
Sam Ubl
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.carbontv.com/shows/chase-na ... red-slider

Unread postby Sam Ubl » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:44 am

I fully agree MM. Did you see the giant bodied buck with head cut off where you merge onto 16 from 94? Holy Cow.
Chase Nation | Reality Hunting TV | http://www.chasenation.tv
Watch Chase Nation on Carbon TV: https://www.carbontv.com/shows/chase-na ... red-slider
Huntmore | http://www.huntmore.io/
Mountain Man
500 Club

Unread postby Mountain Man » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:37 am

Sam Ubl wrote:I fully agree MM. Did you see the giant bodied buck with head cut off where you merge onto 16 from 94? Holy Cow.

Yes. That's one of them that I was referring to. About 1-2 weeks ago that one was on the north side of the road by the marshy area as you leave 94 going onto 16.

About 3-4 weeks ago there was another one with the head cut off in the median of westbound 94 just before 16 right by Machine Shed.
DevinJD2007
500 Club

Unread postby DevinJD2007 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:40 am

I really hope you guys are right about these being road kills... :?
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:48 am

Probably are road kills.. I see they didn't cut the ears off. Quick grab a couple and get your buck stickers. :lol:
DropTyne
500 Club

Unread postby DropTyne » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:21 am

Even if they are roadkills shouldn't they still be tested for CWD? I mean isn't that why we are wasting DNR funds.....

Does anyone else here find it strange that people would drive by a big buck carcass from a vehicle collision and cut the horns off? I have driven past 2 big bucks in my life that were hit by cars and never even thought about cutting the antlers off. What the heck do you do with them? Brag to your buddies about a roadkill? Those don't count.

I will never forget last year around this time I was passing through heartlad and a women must have hit a big 10 pointer, it had a broken spine and it was still alive and here are three pickup trucks all pulled over on their cell phones trying to figure out how to claim the horns or something......

I a laughed and drove to work. I think it's somewhat pathetic,

"Go hunt your own buck, don't disgrace an animal that simply crossed the road at the wrong time."

The only way I think I would do this is if I needed some nice rattling antlers, but I don't use calls.
DROPTYNE

"Obsessed is a Word the Lazy Use to Describe the Dedicated"
Sam Ubl
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.carbontv.com/shows/chase-na ... red-slider

Unread postby Sam Ubl » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:35 am

Mountain Man wrote:
Sam Ubl wrote:I fully agree MM. Did you see the giant bodied buck with head cut off where you merge onto 16 from 94? Holy Cow.

Yes. That's one of them that I was referring to. About 1-2 weeks ago that one was on the north side of the road by the marshy area as you leave 94 going onto 16.

That would be him.
Chase Nation | Reality Hunting TV | http://www.chasenation.tv
Watch Chase Nation on Carbon TV: https://www.carbontv.com/shows/chase-na ... red-slider
Huntmore | http://www.huntmore.io/
BigHills BuckHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BigHills BuckHunter » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:11 am

Look at bright side....you caught them. Now they have a lot of explaining to do. I agree with Tiffany send those pics in to as many places possible. The state needs to hear about this.
Mountain Man
500 Club

Unread postby Mountain Man » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:15 am

DropTyne wrote:Even if they are roadkills shouldn't they still be tested for CWD? I mean isn't that why we are wasting DNR funds.....

They probably can't be tested for CWD b/c I believe the heads have to be refrigerated or frozen within a day or two of death to be within the CWD testing guidelines. If they don't know how long they have been dead and with the recent warm weather the test might be meaningless or even if they were analyzed the data would be flagged for being past the "hold time" and would essentially be meaningless or in other words wasted money with no real useable result according to their testing procedure.
solocam88
500 Club

Unread postby solocam88 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:22 am

If they are all roadkill you would think they would be smart enough not to have all those carcasses in sight where hunters are donating their deer.
cornfedkiller
500 Club

Unread postby cornfedkiller » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:27 am

solocam88 wrote:If they are all roadkill you would think they would be smart enough not to have all those carcasses in sight where hunters are donating their deer.

My thoughts exactly..Kinda makes you think twice about donating if you dont know whats going on..

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”