WHO NEEDS MILKWEED?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Thermals
500 Club

Re: WHO NEEDS MILKWEED?

Unread postby Thermals » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:46 am

I would send some seeds to that they could plant to get some going for them.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

cbay
500 Club

Unread postby cbay » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:47 am

A buck a piece for your time and effort sounds very reasonable to me.
Scout.  Learn.  Hunt
Terry
500 Club

Unread postby Terry » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:16 am

I thought your offer was very reasonable. But then again I have never expected other people to go out of their way to help me. I guess others do.
Swampbuck

Unread postby Swampbuck » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:06 am

Only takes a couple to ruin it for everyone!!

10 bucks is very reasonable, I'm a check and see what i got but I think I want some

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Make It Happen
cbigbear
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/mobilehuntinggear/

Unread postby cbigbear » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:24 am

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Firefly- ... 687&rid=40

http://tacklethisshootthat.com/ttst/sto ... 55650.html

Neither product would show light thermals like milkweed so I'd say your milkweed pods are a fair price for what's on the market right now. Now these containers are a little more catchy than pods - maybe you could sign the pods or write Beast checker on them!!!!
vanceg

Unread postby vanceg » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:42 pm

Being an agronomist it's hard for me to understand why someone would buy a weed when everyone I work with wants to kill it. Then I remember I'm on a hunting website and not an agriculture website. If people want to buy it, I say sell it.
Spysar
500 Club

Unread postby Spysar » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:40 pm

dan wrote:I got this in a PM from a member and want to put it out there for everybody to read:

Dan , I finally come back on the site and I read 5 pods of milkweed for $10??? Why are you ripping off the members? I'm stunned......5 pods wouldn't last a week for one guy.....And guys that look up to you are being suckered.

But I guess people buy bottled water, so maybe it's just me........just sayin...

2 or 3 pods last me all year... I am only doing this cause people have asked me to. It costs $5 to ship, I have to drive around and find it, pick it, prep it, and it has to be packaged and driven to the post office. ITS PRETTY MUCH FREE.
Does anybody else feel this way? Cause I feel like I am doing you guys a favor by doing this, and we really ain't making anything off this.
Lots of guys posted saying they wanted it, so I made it available... I do have better things to do with my time.

I wrote the PM. Last I knew the "P" in PM stands for PRIVATE. So thanks Dan, for posting a private message..... Just cause I said what others were probably thinking....There have been so many times where people send to other people for free, that there is no need to rip people off by charging $2 a pod!! Where is shipping $5 anyway?? All this site is anymore is a place to kiss Dans Azz.....
A buck will see you three times, and hear you twice, but he's only gonna smell you once.
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:01 pm

Spysar wrote:
dan wrote:I got this in a PM from a member and want to put it out there for everybody to read:

Dan , I finally come back on the site and I read 5 pods of milkweed for $10??? Why are you ripping off the members? I'm stunned......5 pods wouldn't last a week for one guy.....And guys that look up to you are being suckered.

But I guess people buy bottled water, so maybe it's just me........just sayin...

2 or 3 pods last me all year... I am only doing this cause people have asked me to. It costs $5 to ship, I have to drive around and find it, pick it, prep it, and it has to be packaged and driven to the post office. ITS PRETTY MUCH FREE.
Does anybody else feel this way? Cause I feel like I am doing you guys a favor by doing this, and we really ain't making anything off this.
Lots of guys posted saying they wanted it, so I made it available... I do have better things to do with my time.

I wrote the PM. Last I knew the "P" in PM stands for PRIVATE. So thanks Dan, for posting a private message..... Just cause I said what others were probably thinking....There have been so many times where people send to other people for free, that there is no need to rip people off by charging $2 a pod!! Where is shipping $5 anyway?? All this site is anymore is a place to kiss Dans Azz.....

:shock: WOW
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:05 pm

U.P. bownut wrote:X2 Dewey and Bigdaddy-yoyo!

x3 :lol:
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:14 pm

Spysar wrote:

1st off... I did not use your name in the post so know one new it was you till you announced it. 2nd, if you thought people here were being ripped off, you should want them to know, I would want them to know... 3rd... Go mail something. any package is $5 now. If sent priority its even more. I am not putting up with your harassing posts any more. You are alone in your thoughts. This is warning #1
basspro05
500 Club

Unread postby basspro05 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:53 pm

Put your money where your mouth is spysar...send us all some for free...

Shipping is $5 or more no matter who you use. If you can show me cheaper shipping let me know, because we ship alot of stuff for a living and USPS minimum box is $5 and UPS or FedEx is even more.

So when you are ready to ship a bunch of pods to 20 guys for free let us know...

Bigdaddy-yoyo
500 Club

Unread postby Bigdaddy-yoyo » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:58 pm

basspro05 wrote:Put your money where your mouth is spysar...send us all some for free...

Shipping is $5 or more no matter who you use. If you can show me cheaper shipping let me know, because we ship alot of stuff for a living and USPS minimum box is $5 and UPS or FedEx is even more.

So when you are ready to ship a bunch of pods to 20 guys for free let us know...

dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:21 am

dan wrote:
Spysar wrote:$10 for 5 pods??? :think: :?

It costs me $5 just to ship it and there is work involved picking, packaging, etc... Your more than welcome to ship to people if you like... ? ;)

It wasn't hard to figure out who wrote the pm, when this was the reply before it.

I have no horse in this race, but I do agree, PM's should be kept private, that's all I will say about this issue...
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:49 am

dreaming bucks wrote:
dan wrote:
Spysar wrote:$10 for 5 pods??? :think: :?

It costs me $5 just to ship it and there is work involved picking, packaging, etc... Your more than welcome to ship to people if you like... ? ;)

It wasn't hard to figure out who wrote the pm, when this was the reply before it.

I have no horse in this race, but I do agree, PM's should be kept private, that's all I will say about this issue...

The post above with his name in it was a response to his post in this thread... He decided to delete his post after my response of coarse. I did not add his name to it. His name was left out of the PM. hE SAID THAT i WAS RIPPING EVERYONE OFF, THEY SHOULD KNOW IF THEY ARE BEING RIPPED OFF. It was so nice last time when he got mad and stormed off, it would be nice if he just stayed gone and stopped coming here just to cause trouble.
62kodiak
500 Club

Unread postby 62kodiak » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:07 am

It's not the knowing that's difficult, but the doing.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”