Anyone hunt the dells area?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Pullintoobs
500 Club

Anyone hunt the dells area?

Unread postby Pullintoobs » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:39 am

Alright my father in law was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer about 5 months ago. He is digressing quickly and has decided he wanted to have 1 last family vacation with all of us kids and our kids. He chose the weekend ofNovember 20th. NO NO Opening day of gun season! Anyway I do kow that the family thing should take priority over 1 year of hunting, but I am struggling with it. I LOVE TO HUNT!!! I wait all year for this weekend! I talked to the wife about it and there would not be an issue if I stepped out for awhile to hit the woods. Problem is that the land we hunt is 2 hours from the dells . which is where we will be going.I am wondering if anyone is familiar with the area and can lead me to a public area over that way. Not looking for anyone's spot. Just do not want to miss the opener. Any small parcels that might not be too crowded in that area? Help!

An unforseen future...Nestled somewhere in time
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Anyone hunt the dells area?

Unread postby dan » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:50 am

If you head out of the Dells going West on HWY H there is a bunch of public land along the Dell creek called "Del creek wildlife area" Its about 8 miles from downtown Dells... If you can pull up a topo and aerial I will help you pick a spot.
Goober

Unread postby Goober » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:36 pm

check out the opportunities at Devils Lake State park near Baraboo. About 15 mintues away, and being in the CWD zone they have opened up a ton of the park to hunting, but you must jump through a few hoops at the office (pretty simple actually, just sign in). Good bluff country hunting, but earn a buck. I think the CWD area line is around there some where, so make sure you look into that.
Pullintoobs
500 Club

Unread postby Pullintoobs » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:09 pm

WOW.... That is alot of land to look over!!!! I will try to get an aerial and topo posted of a chunk of it. Dan, I appreciate your offer to help pick out a spot.
An unforseen future...Nestled somewhere in time

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”