Michel will be Coyote hunting Sat AM

Wolf, Coyote, Fox, Cats, Callings, Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

huntinnurse
500 Club

Michel will be Coyote hunting Sat AM

Unread postby huntinnurse » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:46 am

Another friend wants us to come coyote hunting with him. He, Arron is a champion caller (tourney winner multi times) and Michel will be the shooter. I will be filming. We have to get up at 3:30-3:45 am to be there by 6:30am (I gotta have some coffee to drive at that time of morning, Michel will sleep most likely!!!)

Stay tuned.....................

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.John 3:16 KJV
solocam88
500 Club

Re: Michel will be Coyote hunting Sat AM

Unread postby solocam88 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:57 pm

Good luck. Coyotes are a blast 8-)
huntinfool14
500 Club

Unread postby huntinfool14 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:52 pm

once they start coming in to the calls...its a 10 min thrill..good luck!
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:12 am

Good luck, they are a challenge. Is he trying with the bow? or a gun?
huntinnurse
500 Club

Unread postby huntinnurse » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:33 am

We started out just before sunrise.
A bit nippy, 34 degrees and frost on the ground. Soon to warm and be a beautiful, clear blue sky.
Michel and Arron both had rifles. Arron also had a variety of calls as well as the Foxpro electronic call.
Arron took us to several spots, called amazingly, but the yotes did not cooperate in the 1st 3 sits.
We did however have visitors:
Arron even called in a flock of crows from a distance.
Then we were going to another spot and Michel had mentioned subtly about using the bow and he had brought it with us. Arron picked up on this and decided to take a run to the house to pick up a shotgun, for back up as does not like to educate the songdogs.
Arron set us up in a cedar hilltop with max view of 50 or less yards. Michel was set up to my right under a cedar. Arron and I was under anoter to Michel's left with me in between. Arron calls and in less than 10 minutes, up comes a yote directly in front of me and Arron.
We all see it at the same time. 35 yds away from Michel and 27 from Arron and I. Unfortunately, there was a tree between it and Michel. I had the camera pointing to another area we thought they woujd come from. As I tried to move the camera, it spotted my movement and started to turn to run. With that, Arron popped up and shot it. We did not locate it as we saw others moving around and set up in another spot. They, however, did not want to play anymore.
It was a blast!!!!! I now want to hunt them even more and found myself, on the drive home, scanning fields looking for deer and coyotes moving!!!! Never scanned for coyotes before, but, will from now on!!!!!!
It was an awesome way to hunt the 1st day of general season here. Interestingly enough, the only sounds of gunfire we heard was from duck hunters and Arrons shotgun blast!!!!!
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.John 3:16 KJV
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:49 am

Nice.. They are hard to fool. They pick up on every little movement.

• Advertisement

Return to “Predator Hunting”