Still having trouble with my land....

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

kwaldeier
500 Club

Still having trouble with my land....

Unread postby kwaldeier » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:56 am

I posted here before and got some good advice, i was just going to post again to see what other ideas i could get. i will post an aerial and a topo of our land.Right now i have nothing on my cameras and no idea for a tree stand. i have one set up(randomly) and another waiting to be set out...thanks for any replies because they are gold to me at this time of the year...
Spot 1-Seems like i get alot of pictures during the summer and then during the winter nothing....

Spot 2-Just a big big wooded area that has alot to choose from!(trouble with this one is that i have found 4 stands in great positions from other hunters on it,reducing 4 spots for me:( )

BigHills BuckHunter
500 Club

Re: Still having trouble with my land....

Unread postby BigHills BuckHunter » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:42 am

I really like your spot one. There are two places that I would have in mind. I notice on spot one there is a large pond on the north end close to a house it looks like. Do you see the funnel? The funnel is the trees in bottoms that work their way towards that pond. I would think a Southwest wind while positioning yourself on the north side of that funnel would be good becuase then the bucks would be bedded on that point close to the stream intersection with wind coming from their back and them being able to see whats down below. But your scent would be pushed towards the pond. I hope you see what I mean.

I noticed the same thing with another pond in the area which is on the west side of the map. There is a funnel of trees in the bottom that lead towards the pond. I would try to set up at the base of these funnels. Thats my 2 cents anyways Im no expert but I would think that would be a good way to go at it.
kwaldeier
500 Club

Unread postby kwaldeier » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:48 am

thanks for the reply!i will have to scout or try those 2 spots sometime!
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:27 pm

I marked some starter stand spots with red dots... The blue dots are where I suspect a buck might bed to watch your approach.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:36 pm

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”