Scouting Workshops for 2014 - FEB. 22 & MARCH 1ST

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Scouting Workshops for 2014 - FEB. 22 & MARCH 1ST

Unread postby dan » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:03 pm

I will be monitoring the weather / snow conditions soon for a few scouting workshops between January thru March... The plan right now is to have a couple near my home where we discuss scouting & hunting a small private farm, and some public land... Should be similar to last years scouting workshop except I might mix it up a bit...

We will talk about where bucks bed, look at the beds, look at the sign around the beds, talk about why and when they bed in the locations, and how to use this data to kill the buck. We will look at some of my actual set ups, some very close to buck beds, some farther back and discuss the set ups... Several of the bucks I have killed have been from these set ups.

If anybody is interested in something outside the box, we could do a random property too... One of our members hired me to scout his land and turned it into a scouting workshop to help with his costs... I could see someone doing this on a private farm or ?
It would not be as organized as my workshop here where I have a well thought out plan on what to show you... But it would give a good perspective of what to look for on a property we have not been to before.

We will have a meal at my house afterwords, with plenty of time to make sure no question goes unanswered. Feel free to bring maps and topo's of your property and after the meal, have me look at them.

I should have some dates up soon.

Cost will be $150 per person. You may bring your kids under 18 free... I like to encourage kids learning and feel if they had to pay, parents would leave them behind.

Who is interested? Post here if you are, and I will contact you when dates are set up via a PM unless you post an email address, then I will email you.

If you would like to read some of the threads from past scouting work shops they give a good idea of what to expect. Feel free to post any questions or concerns.

2013 scouting work shops:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=18690
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12551&hilit=workshop

UPDATE:
Confirmed:
February 22nd.

Brad
brkissl82
Djw195
Dougie
welded34 (and his brother)
JohnnieU
Helenvillehunter
PUBLICbowhunter
Chris Maaser, and a friend
Hunter Mike

Confirmed:
March 1st.

purebowhunting ( and a friend )
elsinbj ( and a friend )
bigwoodsmn
fishlips
ptac06
GloryDaysDesign
Dan L and his brother Dave L
North lake
POSTMAN
DROPTYNE
Trailcamaddict

If your plans change please let me know so we are not waiting for you.

semperfidelis

Re: Scouting Workshops for 2014

Unread postby semperfidelis » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:13 pm

Dan, I'm interested! I'm living in VA so the earlier u can push dates the better. Thanks!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:17 pm

Im interested. Anyone wanna car pool outta western WI. ? I would need a ride.
The cave you fear hides the treasure you seek!!!
tmarbut

Unread postby tmarbut » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:13 am

Very interested! Got marsh bucks & hill country videos from Santa. Really want to attend a workshop even more now!
However, I don't know if I could pull it off...how long does it last? How far from airport are you?

Is there any possibility of having a longer distanced mobile workshop at some point? Maybe a 'Southeast Hunting Beast' scouting workshop for example?

Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:46 am

Any Northeast guys wanna car pool?

From South central NH mapquest shows;
1,200-1,300 mi. and 20-22 hours.
My route shows me going through central NY and under Lake Ontario...
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:59 am

tmarbut wrote:Very interested! Got marsh bucks & hill country videos from Santa. Really want to attend a workshop even more now!
However, I don't know if I could pull it off...how long does it last? How far from airport are you?

Is there any possibility of having a longer distanced mobile workshop at some point? Maybe a 'Southeast Hunting Beast' scouting workshop for example?

You might be able to team up with someone from the same area and car pool? Milwaukee has an airport about 50 miles away. The work shop is a one day ( all day ) event.

I would be willing to travel, however, it should be noted that my travel costs and a place to stay would need to be covered. The best way to do this is to have someone pick a property they want scouted and put up the money and then charge people from the area to come.
Forum member Black Squirrel did this on his property, feel free to pm him about how he pulled it off... It should also be mentioned, that the one I do at my house I make sure to cover most of the scenarios people will come across. When traveling I am at mercy of what the property at hand has...
mnbowmanmark

Unread postby mnbowmanmark » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:06 am

I would be interested I have watched the videos and seeing it live always makes it easier, I also have 2 boys I would bring with.
Btoeps74

Unread postby Btoeps74 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:17 am

Definitely interested! Only issue for me is timing with my work weekends but if your planning several, then not an issue. What part of Wisconsin is this in? I'd be coming from the Marinette area.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
MN Slick

Unread postby MN Slick » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:20 am

I'm interested in attending. Thanks
binney59
500 Club

Unread postby binney59 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:31 am

Wasnt able to make it down last year but would like to this year. Would be coming from Green Bay.
forgehunter
500 Club

Unread postby forgehunter » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:04 am

please let me know whe it is Dan. if i am not working I would beinterested in attending with Luke.
Cancer can take away all of my physical abilities. It cannot touch my mind, it cannot touch my heart, and it cannot touch my soul.
Don't give up. Don't ever give up.
Jimmy V.
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:11 am

Btoeps74 wrote:Definitely interested! Only issue for me is timing with my work weekends but if your planning several, then not an issue. What part of Wisconsin is this in? I'd be coming from the Marinette area.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

S.E. Wisconsin 1/2 way between Madison and Milwaukee
backstraps

Unread postby backstraps » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:22 am

tmarbut wrote:Very interested! Got marsh bucks & hill country videos from Santa. Really want to attend a workshop even more now!

semperfidelis wrote:Dan, I'm interested! I'm living in VA so the earlier u can push dates the better. Thanks!

IM in NE Tennessee.....??? Car pool?
Brad

Unread postby Brad » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:25 am

I'm in for one, I'm rusty and need to brush up on it again.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
hunter_mike

Unread postby hunter_mike » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:43 am

I'm in Dan. I should have went last year but didn't make time for it. I will plan around whatever weekend you choose this year. I am in Poynette so anyone coming from Madison area we could save some fuel costs.

murdaugh07@gmail.com
“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”