Do you enjoy scouting?

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Do you enjoy scouting?

YES
97%
NO
3%

Total votes: 61
Darion

Re: Do you enjoy scouting?

Unread postby Darion » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:54 pm

I have always loved to scout even before I found the Beast, but after I did and the scouting was showing more and more buck bedding and I can start to see the bigger picture it felt like I have taken a huge step to getting that buck I used to watch from the sidelines and wondering.." How?"

Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:02 pm

Just to add a little to my original post.......

I enjoy scouting so much that I have not been ice fishing the last 3 years. When I was still going every time I was sitting on the ice looking down a hole I felt bad and that I needed to be scouting instead. I love scouting in winter/spring and have not be quite as serious about turkey hunting either because unless I got a tag later it would interfere with prime scouting. I had to laugh at backstraps post because that sounds like me, always getting sidetracked scouting for deer instead of turkey! :lol:

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:21 pm

Time to sell the Jiffy on the wall and buy some more boots!

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:32 pm

BassBoysLLP wrote:Time to sell the Jiffy on the wall and buy some more boots!

Funny you say that! Must have seen my pic in another post!! :lol:

Haven't started it up in 4 years until last weekend. Put some gas in and it started on the second pull!! Not sure why I bothered but I should try to get out a few times this winter.

headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:06 pm

Dewey wrote:Just to add a little to my original post.......

I enjoy scouting so much that I have not been ice fishing the last 3 years. When I was still going every time I was sitting on the ice looking down a hole I felt bad and that I needed to be scouting instead. I love scouting in winter/spring and have not be quite as serious about turkey hunting either because unless I got a tag later it would interfere with prime scouting. I had to laugh at backstraps post because that sounds like me, always getting sidetracked scouting for deer instead of turkey! :lol:

:D The good thing about MN is the snow is usually to deep to walk but the wind can blow the lakes pretty clearn (or they plow) so access makes ice fishing too easy. Althought I don't get out much, 3 munchkins at home. The oldest is ice fishing age so that should start tipping in my favor.
Wlog
500 Club

Unread postby Wlog » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:07 pm

I love to scout. I don't really understand the mind set of the guy who has one or two permanent stands that he routinely hunts exclusively. That would bore me to death. I love to go new places and try to figure out the deer. There is a sense of adventure to going places you haven't been. I look forward to post season scouting and it gives me as much pleasure as being in a tree stand.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
Czabs
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Behind-T ... 0697772652

Unread postby Czabs » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:42 am

I kind of gave up ice fishing for scouting and late season bow hunting. Frabil shanty was sold for a Lonewolf a couple yrs ago haha. How can you not enjoy it!?!? Fishing period is put on the back burner. It seems every year I get more and more involved in whitetails. I cant help it. I have to learn to keep my hunting thoughts to myself though...there wasnt one day, during my vacation with my girly friend, I didnt mention something about hunting that was going through my head. I think she got.annoyed.

MOBIGBUCKS

Unread postby MOBIGBUCKS » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:08 am

I love scouting!! Honestly, it's probably my favorite part of hunting. I know that sounds kind of crazy, but I really get a kick out of trying to figure out big bucks. I can spend hours deciphering one area. The time just seems to fly by really fast for me.
oldrank

Unread postby oldrank » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:23 am

I love scouting. Cyber scouting is just as fun. Even though Im a little sad that our Michigan hunting season is winding to an end next Weds I am excited I can get out in the woods and do some post season scouting without ruining my spots. I got 2 new deer cams for Christmas and plan on getting em out ASAP.

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”