Cruising bucks!

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

admiral04

Cruising bucks!

Unread postby admiral04 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:39 am

Saturday is our last day in pennsylvania for archery and i still havent had the right chance at a shooter. We still have rifle season but it just isnt the same for me as harvesting a buck with my bow. Just curious of what everyone is seein lately do I have any chance at some cruising action saturday or are things calmed down. I been sitting evening but havent seen squat for bucks this wk. been 15 doe in a clover field up the road and not a single buck.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

mauser06
500 Club

Re: Cruising bucks!

Unread postby mauser06 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:53 am

This is by far the weirdest rut I've ever witnessed...

I saw chasing yesterday..... for about a week now all nice been seeing is does with fawns and 1.5yo bucks...sometimes veryyyy looseley following the does...yesterday the buck was a 1.5yo..but chasing...

I saw cruising 1 day....they were following like lost puppy dogs and saw more full out chasing than any other season....

Biggest being a 10 that should go 130 easy...running does around a small bean field for 15 mins in daylight...

Just been weird...and I have 2 days to figure out what to do....I know I gotta get to the woods though....I just can't decide where....

[ Post made via Android ] Image
admiral04

Unread postby admiral04 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:18 am

mauser06 wrote:This is by far the weirdest rut I've ever witnessed...

I saw chasing yesterday..... for about a week now all nice been seeing is does with fawns and 1.5yo bucks...sometimes veryyyy looseley following the does...yesterday the buck was a 1.5yo..but chasing...

I saw cruising 1 day....they were following like lost puppy dogs and saw more full out chasing than any other season....

Biggest being a 10 that should go 130 easy...running does around a small bean field for 15 mins in daylight...

Just been weird...and I have 2 days to figure out what to do....I know I gotta get to the woods though....I just can't decide where....

[ Post made via Android ] Image
i hear you on being unsure where to hunt. Thats my reasoning for this post. Tryig decide in a location depending on rut activity

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Grunt

Unread postby Grunt » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:01 pm

I will have my daughter set up in a ground blind on the north side of an east-west ridge at the top of a deep cut. Wind is suppose to be light out of the south-southeast in central PA tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”