when someons between you and the stand

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

KIoutdoors

when someons between you and the stand

Unread postby KIoutdoors » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:13 am

Do you guys keep going past someone when they are on your walk in path or do you guys turn around and go somewhere else?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

"Not Nerdy, Obsessed" -Antler Geeks
Dewey

Re: when someons between you and the stand

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:28 am

Rarely happens unless I am running VERY late since I usually head in 5-6 hours early for an evening hunt. When I do run into someone I give them a very wide berth and respect their set up. Wish others would return the same courtesy. :roll:

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
PK_
500 Club

Unread postby PK_ » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:30 am

Depends on the situation. If they are on pretty much the only access into an area I will go past them, but never at 'primetime'. I have actually sat with a dead deer for over an hour waiting for dark so I wouldn't mess someone else up. But when possible I have also made huge loops out of my way to avoid disturbing guys. I try to be courteous, but sometimes, unfortunately you just can't avoid it...
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal
Badger
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/allen.krelwitz

Unread postby Badger » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:06 am

Dewey wrote:Rarely happens unless I am running VERY late since I usually head in 5-6 hours early for an evening hunt. When I do run into someone I give them a very wide berth and respect their set up. Wish others would return the same courtesy. :roll:

No kidding! I always give plenty of space to anyone but never seem to have the favor returned.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:19 am

Badger wrote:
Dewey wrote:Rarely happens unless I am running VERY late since I usually head in 5-6 hours early for an evening hunt. When I do run into someone I give them a very wide berth and respect their set up. Wish others would return the same courtesy. :roll:

No kidding! I always give plenty of space to anyone but never seem to have the favor returned.

The worst encounter I ever had on public was when some bonehead walked in on me during the last hour of primetime balancing a fully assembled ladder stand on his head. He was banging into every tree in sight sounding like a freght train all the way to me and set up within 30 yards! Then to top it off he has the nerve to ask me "are ya seeing anything"!! :doh: I packed up and left right there! You would think the guy was showing up to watch a sporting event or something instead of deer hunting !! :roll:

wibow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/jon.j.justice

Unread postby wibow » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:31 pm

Depends on the area...if I see vehicles usually just head to another spot. I rarely see other hunters along the rivers I'm on but if I do I canoe on past and hit other stuff. Had guys walk in past me and I usually pack up and head out. That's why I try to hunt what most people won't. The more difficult the better.

Badger
500 Club

Unread postby Badger » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:28 pm

Dewey wrote:
Badger wrote:

The worst encounter I ever had on public was when some bonehead walked in on me during the last hour of primetime balancing a fully assembled ladder stand on his head. He was banging into every tree in sight sounding like a freght train all the way to me and set up within 30 yards! Then to top it off he has the nerve to ask me "are ya seeing anything"!! :doh: I packed up and left right there! You would think the guy was showing up to watch a sporting event or something instead of deer hunting !! :roll:

LOL!! someone should right a book on all the ridiculous things we see out there.
PK_
500 Club

Unread postby PK_ » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:18 pm

wibow wrote:Depends on the area...if I see vehicles usually just head to another spot. I rarely see other hunters along the rivers I'm on but if I do I canoe on past and hit other stuff. [glow=red]Had guys walk in past me and I usually pack up and head ou[/glow]t. That's why I try to hunt what most people won't. The more difficult the better.

Wow really?? I love it when someone walks in past me, free deer driver!
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal
wibow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/jon.j.justice

Unread postby wibow » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:47 am

PalmettoKid wrote:
wibow wrote:Depends on the area...if I see vehicles usually just head to another spot. I rarely see other hunters along the rivers I'm on but if I do I canoe on past and hit other stuff. [glow=red]Had guys walk in past me and I usually pack up and head ou[/glow]t. That's why I try to hunt what most people won't. The more difficult the better.

Wow really?? I love it when someone walks in past me, free deer driver!

Hahaha! Gun season sure,not during bow. You ever come up for a hunt I could put you on plenty of high traffic public where you'd have "free drivers" all day man!

Badger
500 Club

Unread postby Badger » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:34 am

Badger wrote:
Dewey wrote:
Badger wrote:

LOL!! someone should wright a book on all the ridiculous things we see out there.
hoyt

Unread postby hoyt » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:19 am

I never see a soul where I hunt..but if someone were to walk past me I'd rather they walk straight to the tree I'm in and straight on off that to skirt around me. That way if a deer were to come in it would have a better chance of getting to me before cutting the other guy's trail.
kenn1320
500 Club

Unread postby kenn1320 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:36 am

Guess in too polite. I find myself showing up to new ground out of state during season. If cars are parked in a spot, I don't even bother. No good can come from walking in and ruining their hunt. Purposely getting there the next morning before them only leads to wondering aimless in the dark, or realising the spot u picked from the topo is the same as they picked and now both of you have ruined hunts. If there is an obvious foot trail and your set up on it, I'm walking past no problem. If I walked down a ridge and saw you, I'll acknowledge with a wave and then I'm back tracking and going somewhere else.

"Its about taking the right shot at the right time with good equipment." Dan Infalt
backstraps

Unread postby backstraps » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:26 am

kenn1320 wrote:Guess in too polite. I find myself showing up to new ground out of state during season. If cars are parked in a spot, I don't even bother. No good can come from walking in and ruining their hunt. Purposely getting there the next morning before them only leads to wondering aimless in the dark, or realising the spot u picked from the topo is the same as they picked and now both of you have ruined hunts. If there is an obvious foot trail and your set up on it, I'm walking past no problem. If I walked down a ridge and saw you, I'll acknowledge with a wave and then I'm back tracking and going somewhere else.

X2!

[ Post made via Android ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”