5 solid days of hunting and nothing...

The Beast’s of the North woods. Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

natvbearhntr
500 Club

5 solid days of hunting and nothing...

Unread postby natvbearhntr » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:51 am

any advice would be appreciated. The bear seem to come in after dark and I don't know if its me or if its the warm temps? Last night was the first time I heard a bear come close to the bait but it stayed back in the woods, I could hear it pulling apart rotten logs. I left at dark and it never came to the bait. But the bait is always hit when I get back to the stand. Not sure if I should change up the bait or continue with what I have been using?

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: 5 solid days of hunting and nothing...

Unread postby dan » Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:17 am

Sometimes bears will scent check baits before coming in... If they smell you there in the evening, they will likely be leary of coming back in daylight. Its also possible that you bumped a bear or two while baiting, that will make them nocturnal at the baits quickly. Another reason might be other hunters in the area....
My advice would be to sit one of your other baits and give this one a rest till the day time activity picks up. Probably wouldn't hurt to add a new bait or two in some prime locations, if you want to pm me an aerial and topo, I can try and pick out some spots that should have daylight activity...
natvbearhntr
500 Club

Unread postby natvbearhntr » Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:50 am

Thanks for the advice Dan. I will work on getting you an arial of the area I am in. Thanks again.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:27 am

natvbearhntr wrote:Thanks for the advice Dan. I will work on getting you an arial of the area I am in. Thanks again.

Topo might help too...

• Advertisement

Return to “Bear Hunting”