Might gt to come to Wisconsin next year

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Indianahunter
500 Club

Might gt to come to Wisconsin next year

Unread postby Indianahunter » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:04 pm

My brother is marrying a gal who is from Monomonie WI?? Anyway I guess her family has a few hundred acres. I am going to to have get with you folks about what kind of terrain that is, how the deer hunting in that area is, and more importantly what an out of towner has to do to get a bow tag. Would also be cool to meet some of you guys if you are in that area. Now if I can just get her out of that packer Jersey in the fall and into a Colts jersey. :lol:

God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Might gt to come to Wisconsin next year

Unread postby dan » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:08 pm

COLTS!!! :o

You can purchase a tag here without applying, but I believe you have to either buy it before the season, or 3 days prior to hunting.
You will likely drive by in close proximity to me on your way up.
Black Squirrel
500 Club

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:40 am

Menominne is about a half hour North of some of my hunting grounds. What time of the year were you planning on comming? Like Dan said you can buy tags over the counter here, or online at WI DNR site. Make sure you buy it at least three days before you hunt. Can you get more specific on where you'll be hunting. Dunn county has river bottoms, some flat farm country and some hills in the Southern part.
Indianahunter
500 Club

Unread postby Indianahunter » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:29 am

I don't know specifically yet and it is not solid but pretty much solid. All I know is that it is farm country, but I kind of laughed because it is 300 acre property and they said their biggest field was 12 acres.LOL That is a garden in Indiana...hehehehehe. But that means there is considerable woods if that is the case because they said the rest of it is wooded. The other thing that excited me is she said no one has hunted it to her knowledge, and she is going to ask them if Dad and I can come out, but she doesn't think it is going to be a problem at all. If everything works out wood love to take you and Dan out to dinner or something.
God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Indianahunter
500 Club

Unread postby Indianahunter » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:30 am

That is WOULD Love to take you and Dan out to dinner.
Indianahunter
500 Club

Unread postby Indianahunter » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:34 am

Forgot to answer the rest of your question. Don't know exactly what time of season I would come. It depends on 1. If I have a buck that I am after here patterned for Early season 2. I want to review how your Archery and Gun seasons are broken up. I also think because all of my scouting will have to be aerial and topo then I will probably shoot for the rut at least the first year until I get my feet on the ground to get a good look at the property.
UPbowhunter
Facebook: todd freeman

Unread postby UPbowhunter » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:24 am

Kyle, just go across the river and you'll be in Gods country! You will have a blast up there bud, good people up in that whole area.
Go Go Epic Stuff, Seek Wilderness
Indianahunter
500 Club

Unread postby Indianahunter » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:53 am

You know I don't want to sound like a little wimp, but how thick are the wolves and bears and other dangerous critters in that area of WI? What kind of precautions should a fella take?
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:06 am

Hand-grenades and sawed off shotguns Bob... And stay away from the swamp within an hour of darkness! :lol: J/K

Leave them alone and they will generally leave you alone. ;)
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:42 am

Indianahunter wrote:You know I don't want to sound like a little wimp, but how thick are the wolves and bears and other dangerous critters in that area of WI? What kind of precautions should a fella take?

Wimp.:lol: Those bears are more scared of you than you are of them, but I don't know about the wolves. I heard they have been eating a few of the locals. ;)
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
Indianahunter
500 Club

Unread postby Indianahunter » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:17 pm

HA HA HA You guys are a riot! :lol: I figured that was how this was going to turn out :D never really had to worry about too many critters that could eat me here in Indiana. On a scale of 1 - 10 of worst ways to die, I think being eaten alive has to rank pretty high on the list :lol: :lol: :lol:
magicman54494
500 Club

Unread postby magicman54494 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:29 pm

Indianahunter wrote:You know I don't want to sound like a little wimp, but how thick are the wolves and bears and other dangerous critters in that area of WI? What kind of precautions should a fella take?

The best thing to do is take someone who runs slower than you. ;)
Indianahunter
500 Club

Unread postby Indianahunter » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:00 pm

The Best thing to do is take someone who runs slower then you

Now that is good advice :lol:
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:35 pm

On a scale of 1 - 10 of worst ways to die, I think being eaten alive has to rank pretty high on the list

After watching my dad and sister die slow from Cancer I said I would much rather take my chances fighting a grizzly bear with my bare hands..

Seriously, consider yourself lucky if you get to see a bear or wolf.
Indianahunter
500 Club

Unread postby Indianahunter » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:49 pm

Lost my grandpa that way too. Thanks for the perspective buddy.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”