492 inch whitetail!

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Black Squirrel
500 Club

492 inch whitetail!

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:40 am

Here is a link from Deer and Deer Hunting on some footage of some really huge bucks. Some of the bucks are only 2 and a halfs! :shock: http://www.deeranddeerhunting.com/artic ... Whitetail/
This farm is in Northern Wisconsin, and I assume the bucks are from last year. I'm not sure how to take this. Is it good or bad for deer hunting? I'm thinking it can't be good. The deer can hardly hold it's head up, and it says they lost the 492 incher to an antler infection. :(

Swampthing
500 Club

Re: 492 inch whitetail!

Unread postby Swampthing » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:53 pm

That,s animal cruelty if u ask me ,very very,sad !
publiclandhunter
500 Club

Unread postby publiclandhunter » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:01 pm

Once again, Man's quest to make everything better is usually the demise on mankind. Horses went bye-bye with the advent of cars which made everything better, and now we have oil spills and pollution. We needed electricity and dug for coal and built nuclear power plants - now we have more problems...all to make it better. Food additives cause cancer, pills for erectile dysfunction, on and on...you get my drift. Folks weren't happy with hard-work and fair chase, so they decided to best Mother Nature and make better deer to breed and hunt. Now, we have amazing deer but will it be better in the long run? I am gonna say that this will all blow up in our faces in the next decade. Sit back and watch.

PLH
Go farther, stay longer.........hunt harder.
PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:42 am

That really is awful! :cry: I feel sorry for the animal! :(
Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks
Indianahunter
500 Club

Unread postby Indianahunter » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:15 pm

I am with you guys. That is grotesque :x
God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8
lungbuster
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/WFTF

Unread postby lungbuster » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:28 pm

Something I noticed about all the bucks with alot of antler that were 3 years or younger, their body size was extremely small looking and unproportioned for their age, even the 6 year old didn't have the body of a 6 year old deer. Wonder if they are a texas strain???? Either way if these deer are being raised to be hunted it is wrong.
WiBowhuntress

Unread postby WiBowhuntress » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:33 pm

It's a bit much...while it may be awesome to some, it's just "canned antler" and if a person shoots this deer I really don't see the "trophy".
Definately over the top and too much. There has to be a limit sometimes.
Reflex011

Unread postby Reflex011 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:54 am

There was a segment on this farm, which is located here in central WI on Keith Warren's Deer and Wildlife Stories. The lady that owns the property with her sons feeds the deer sunflowers and apples everyday. She picks them every morning for the deer, kind of neat. At the same time, there has to be more than genetics pumped into these deer. Just seems too unreal to have a 164" yearling.
[glow=red]Aim Small. Miss Small.[/glow]
PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:59 am

Im sure some of these super genetic freaks are brought in from out of state or there semen is purchased for reproduction purposes. Either way its gone way overboard and i feel sorry for anyone who calls this ethical, moral etc.. As far as body size goes they are pen deer, not wild animals. This kind of crap floating around on the net is what fuels the anti's fire!
Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:33 am

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”