Happieness is......

• Advertisement

HB Store

Brad

Happieness is......

Unread postby Brad » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:21 pm

4 brand new beaver dam tip ups for $31 bucks each. I have always wanted some since they are literally a piece of Wi history, and decided to start collecting them in their different paint schemes. I found these at Dorns in Madison for $31 each, I got two of the pirate ones, the packer one, and the one with the tiger stripe which I believe to be one of the rarest. I think I will try to add 2 each year until I have all of them. Now I just need a little ice and some hungry pike!

BigHunt

Re: Happieness is......

Unread postby BigHunt » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:23 pm

sweet good luck man and to all ice fishing beast nutts out there........ive got a red one :?
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Brad

Unread postby Brad » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:24 pm

BigHunt wrote:sweet good luck man and to all ice fishing beast nutts out there........ive got a red one :?

You have a red beaver dam???? Where did you find that!
swamp-assassin
500 Club

Unread postby swamp-assassin » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:25 pm

i envy you!!! i have 4 myself. used to have 5 but i was up on bay de noc last year and neglected to put a marker by it and low and behold, i looked out my window about 2 hours later.,,totally drifted over...spent 2 hours searching and never found it...someone on late ice got a free one...i would like the jolly rodger and the packers one...hard to find the packers one...not to mention they are the best dam (no pun intended) tipup money can buy!! ive had them get runover by drunk snomobilers and they still functioned! :lol:
"Youll take my guns when you pry them out of my cold dead hands, with the bolts locked back, the barrels smoking and a pile of empty brass and magazines at my feet." Image
Brad

Unread postby Brad » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:28 pm

If you want a packer one I can get it for you, they have several left as of monday. The jolly rogers one is sort of different from mine, I was told the jolly roger one was made exclusively for Farm and fleet and fleet farm, and is all black with the skull and crossbones on the flag and the board, these are a very nice dark stain that shows the grain of the wood well, with the pirate flag. I will get an actual jolly rogers next along with the 50th anniversary one I think. Someone said they made some with the American Flag, sure would love to come across one of them sometime. I think I will eventually use all of them, but my thoughts were the dark pirate ones would show up well on the snow at a distance.
swamp-assassin
500 Club

Unread postby swamp-assassin » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:32 pm

yeah the jolly roger is all black...shows up better than any other color in snow..the american flag one would be awesome!!! i took a little american flag and replaced the tattered flag of my oldest beaver dam last year and it was the first one to fly! the tipup belonged to my gradfather..he died 15 years ago and hadent ice fished for 5 years before that, so i would guess that tipup is 30 years old...still works perfectly!
"Youll take my guns when you pry them out of my cold dead hands, with the bolts locked back, the barrels smoking and a pile of empty brass and magazines at my feet." Image
swamp-assassin
500 Club

Unread postby swamp-assassin » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:35 pm

ill get back to you about the packers one sometime! hopefully they still have some left :lol:
Brad

Unread postby Brad » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:49 pm

swamp-assassin wrote:ill get back to you about the packers one sometime! hopefully they still have some left :lol:

They had about 15 or so as of monday, I imagine they will sell fast but its hard to say, a lot of people already have beaver dams so I imagine they only sell one to most people looking instead of multiples. I wish they could have put a packer "G" on the flag or on the board but oh well, such is life.
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:04 pm

Brad Lamont wrote:
BigHunt wrote:sweet good luck man and to all ice fishing beast nutts out there........ive got a red one :?

You have a red beaver dam???? Where did you find that!

my gramps gave it to me acople years back
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Pullintoobs
500 Club

Unread postby Pullintoobs » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:34 am

75 bucks for the 50th anniversary???? They are nuts. I would not pay that much for 1. I remember picking them up for 10 bucks....I have about 15 of them right now. But I do not have the red one. Bighunt....wanna get rid of that?
An unforseen future...Nestled somewhere in time
swamp-assassin
500 Club

Unread postby swamp-assassin » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:29 am

they are selling the red one again now...seen it online..i think maybe fleet farm or cabelas..it has a ruler on it too.
Pullintoobs
500 Club

Unread postby Pullintoobs » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:57 am

Ya, Just got home from fleet farm and seen they do have red ones...also a ton of the green and gold too....
An unforseen future...Nestled somewhere in time
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:07 am

swamp-assassin wrote:they are selling the red one again now...seen it online..i think maybe fleet farm or cabelas..it has a ruler on it too.

so what do you know about these red ones are any good value anymore
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:32 am

I have about 15 as well, I have a red that has been passed down from Gramps, to my dad, to me.... American flag, Jolly Roger, don't have a Pack 1, red flag classics, reese pieces wrapper flag (ho made), orange flag, blue flag
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear

• Advertisement

Return to “Ice Fishing”