who has started post season scouting

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BigHunt

who has started post season scouting

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:33 am

went out to small public spot looks good on map ...but no sing what so ever :cry: move on thats all i can do

how about you guys

HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Dewey

Re: who has started post season scouting

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:36 am

I started yesterday but still carried my shotgun just in case. Beds and scrapes are very easy to find right now before they are covered under snow

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:44 am

Dewey wrote:I started yesterday but still carried my shotgun just in case. Beds and scrapes are very easy to find right now before they are covered under snow

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

yes dew thats a very good point i forgot to mention that ......very good time to start before the snow
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
matt1336
500 Club

Unread postby matt1336 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:04 am

I do a lot of scouting during deer drives. I go back in spring to confirm the sign that I saw and prep trees. Also, nothing confirms a big buck bedding area better than seeing a big buck jump outa his bed. It's also fun to be able to shoot at him when he's jumping outa his bed too. When I'm in the woods I'm scouting no matter what I'm doing.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:08 am

Scouting is 24/7
PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:52 am

matt1336 wrote:I do a lot of scouting during deer drives. I go back in spring to confirm the sign that I saw and prep trees. Also, nothing confirms a big buck bedding area better than seeing a big buck jump outa his bed. It's also fun to be able to shoot at him when he's jumping outa his bed too. When I'm in the woods I'm scouting no matter what I'm doing.

X2! 8-)
Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks
muddy

Unread postby muddy » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:21 am

I've been online map scouting since i tagged out. Went for a walk today for some scouting for next Saturday gun opener.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
http://www.iowawhitetail.com
Leading the way for habitat and management information

"It's a good thing you don't need commas and colons to kill deer" -seaz
RaisedByWolves
500 Club

Unread postby RaisedByWolves » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:46 am

going to start this weekend, hopefully plug a doe while i'm at it
When better is possible, good is never good enough
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:59 am

i see alot sing gun hunting and im going back in spring to comferm my finding in hill counrty
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
swamp-assassin
500 Club

Unread postby swamp-assassin » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:06 pm

i still have my bow tags so i am going to try and get on the huge 8 pointer i saw the other day...prolly get after him until the ice comes in and then its ice fishing and scouting.
"Youll take my guns when you pry them out of my cold dead hands, with the bolts locked back, the barrels smoking and a pile of empty brass and magazines at my feet." Image
kenn1320
500 Club

Unread postby kenn1320 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:17 pm

Michigan's gun season is Nov 15-Jan 1 in my zone, so might as well start my scouting cause nothing with antlers will be moving. Friend of mine had a nice 2.5yr old 8pnt bed down in a tree top the loggers left. He could see it from his back window and he said that deer never moved as long as he could see it(until it got dark). If the young ones aren't moving in day light, the big ones wont be moving either. Only way to kill bucks like that is know the bed and set up to shoot him out of it come day light.
"Its about taking the right shot at the right time with good equipment." Dan Infalt
Autumn Ninja

Unread postby Autumn Ninja » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:30 pm

I scout all year around....on the PC, driving down the road, talking with friends and other hunters, running trail cam's, taking my dog for walks.

Past a couple bucks this year that will be on the hit list next year and I got'em scouted out while on stand this year. Every day I hunt I'm scouting for tomorrow, next week, next month, next year. Things are always changing and if you dont roll with it you get left behind.
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:31 pm

Autumn Ninja wrote:I scout all year around....on the PC, driving down the road, talking with friends and other hunters, running trail cam's, taking my dog for walks.

Past a couple bucks this year that will be on the hit list next year and I got'em scouted out while on stand this year. Every day I hunt I'm scouting for tomorrow, next week, next month, next year. Things are always changing and if you dont roll with it you get left behind.

wel said .......
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
kenn1320
500 Club

Unread postby kenn1320 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:32 pm

scout all year around....on the PC, driving down the road, talking with friends and other hunters, running trail cam's, taking my dog for walks.

Very true. I wasnt on the road for 30min on my way home from KS and was already thinking about what I learned and where I would set up next year. 8-)
"Its about taking the right shot at the right time with good equipment." Dan Infalt
whitetail4ever

Unread postby whitetail4ever » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:14 pm

Damn, wish I knew what to look for and where to look for it...HAHA! BigHunt, come early man! LOL!
The woods has so much to offer to the human soul...

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”