a few pics

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

adrenalin
500 Club

a few pics

Unread postby adrenalin » Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:01 am

Took a walk on friday for a few hours to see if their are any deer left in the public swamp. Jumped one little one right away and that was it. Stopped at a spot right along the road on my way back to check this little 2 acre thicket with a few popple trees. It only goes about 80 yards out from the road and then cattails for a half mile behind it. Just as I suspected found a buck bed within about 5 minutes and some big rubs right up against the cattails. He hasn't been there in a little while but has used it since the cattails turned brown. Gotta love those overlooked spots.
Also found this popple tree that feel over all tore up by a buck up and down the trunk

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: a few pics

Unread postby dan » Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:14 am

Nice...
Its funny how to the trained eye those spots are so obvious. But 95% of the hunters over look it.
adrenalin
500 Club

Re: a few pics

Unread postby adrenalin » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:54 am

dan wrote:Nice...
Its funny how to the trained eye those spots are so obvious. But 95% of the hunters over look it.

I've been thinking alot about that lately and really wonder if a guy shouldn't hunt some of the bigger swamps just like you would suburban bucks. Getting way back in there always seems like the thing to do, but every buck can't live way back in. City bucks seem to always find spots to hide people can't find them in. I would think it can't be much different with heavy pressured spots. It really shouldn't matter how far in they bed as long as they are safe and left alone. My theory is few people hunt way in and few people hunt right by the road so their should be similarities. I would guess bucks might not move as far or early though.

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”