Squeal like a pig!

Boar Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Squeal like a pig!

Unread postby dan » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:01 am

What a great hunt, I really like the collaboration with Jordan... We have to do more hunts like that, and meet great hunters all over the place... If anybody wants to check Jordans page out, here is a link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa3HZ1 ... y-CQ3rn4Kw Awesome guy helping Josh get on to the pigs and taking the time to explain. Give his page a subscribe... I did...
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:15 pm

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:47 pm

8-)

Just finished watching :clap:
buttonbuck
500 Club

Unread postby buttonbuck » Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:21 am

Ill be doing that all through Turkey season, everyday the wind ain’t swirling for a month. Got a special permit in GA too to hunt year round for em with a shotgun on public.
Chad Gus 715

Unread postby Chad Gus 715 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:40 pm

Done a few trips down to Florida hunting hogs, definitely a fun trip and a nice week reprieve from Wisconsin winter.
Screenshot_20200324-170345_Photos.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
equal opportunity hunter
HunterBob
500 Club

Unread postby HunterBob » Wed May 26, 2021 12:06 am

buttonbuck wrote:Ill be doing that all through Turkey season, everyday the wind ain’t swirling for a month. Got a special permit in GA too to hunt year round for em with a shotgun on public.

Can you explain this? I live in GA and would love to get a special permit to hunt them year round!
Country
500 Club

Unread postby Country » Wed May 26, 2021 12:24 am

Off topic, sort of, but I was just telling my buddy here at work how our old boss looked just like Ned Beatty from Deliverance. I open up the Beast and this is topic shows up at the very top of the list. :shock: :shock: :shock:
buttonbuck
500 Club

Unread postby buttonbuck » Wed May 26, 2021 4:11 am

HunterBob wrote:
buttonbuck wrote:Ill be doing that all through Turkey season, everyday the wind ain’t swirling for a month. Got a special permit in GA too to hunt year round for em with a shotgun on public.

Can you explain this? I live in GA and would love to get a special permit to hunt them year round!

Contact Jeff Flemming - Corp of Engineers
(706) 856-0300
He can give you a free permit to shotgun hunt 400 acres of the Hartwell Dam out of deer season.

I was reading Glenn Solomon’s book and there’s a WMA in Georgia that you can hunt deer out of season, I believe it’s mid summer or sometime in August but you might want to call the DNR and ask them what WMA that is
HunterBob
500 Club

Unread postby HunterBob » Wed May 26, 2021 4:48 am

buttonbuck wrote:
HunterBob wrote:

(706) 856-0300
He can give you a free permit to shotgun hunt 400 acres of the Hartwell Dam out of deer season.

I was reading Glenn Solomon’s book and there’s a WMA in Georgia that you can hunt deer out of season, I believe it’s mid summer or sometime in August but you might want to call the DNR and ask them what WMA that is

Awesome, thanks I will definitely check out both of these options. Curiously, what book are you referring to? I have heard some podcasts with Glenn Solomon and know that he passed away. He was certainly a wealth of knowledge. If you aren't going to use the book, could I buy it off you?
buttonbuck
500 Club

Unread postby buttonbuck » Wed May 26, 2021 5:37 am

HunterBob wrote:
buttonbuck wrote:
HunterBob wrote:

(706) 856-0300

Awesome, thanks I will definitely check out both of these options. Curiously, what book are you referring to? I have heard some podcasts with Glenn Solomon and know that he passed away. He was certainly a wealth of knowledge. If you aren't going to use the book, could I buy it off you?

The book was compiled by his family after his death. It’s terrible. It was zero tactics and 100% religious quotes and prayers. Alot of talking about hunting, but no strategy.
HunterBob
500 Club

Unread postby HunterBob » Wed May 26, 2021 5:51 am

buttonbuck wrote:
HunterBob wrote:
buttonbuck wrote:
HunterBob wrote:

(706) 856-0300

The book was compiled by his family after his death. It’s terrible. It was zero tactics and 100% religious quotes and prayers. Alot of talking about hunting, but no strategy.

Oh man, that's a bummer as he was certainly a huge source of intel for those of us who hunt in the south. Sad that he is gone. Appreciate the help, though, it seems like you are figuring out these southern pigs pretty well.
buttonbuck
500 Club

Unread postby buttonbuck » Wed May 26, 2021 5:59 am

HunterBob wrote:
buttonbuck wrote:
HunterBob wrote:
buttonbuck wrote:
HunterBob wrote:

(706) 856-0300

Oh man, that's a bummer as he was certainly a huge source of intel for those of us who hunt in the south. Sad that he is gone. Appreciate the help, though, it seems like you are figuring out these southern pigs pretty well.

Ill send you a picture of the book when I get off work, you may get something out of it. I can see about mailing it to you.
HunterBob
500 Club

Unread postby HunterBob » Wed May 26, 2021 7:31 am

buttonbuck wrote:
HunterBob wrote:
buttonbuck wrote:
HunterBob wrote:
buttonbuck wrote:
HunterBob wrote:

(706) 856-0300

Ill send you a picture of the book when I get off work, you may get something out of it. I can see about mailing it to you.

No worries about mailing it, if it doesn't talk tactics then I am not really interested. Appreciate the help again and hope you keep getting onto those hogs!
HunterBob
500 Club

Unread postby HunterBob » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:11 pm

buttonbuck wrote:
HunterBob wrote:

(706) 856-0300

I've tried calling this guy and left multiple voicemails with no response yet. Any trick to get ahold of him?

• Advertisement

Return to “Boar Hunting”