Hogs near Sheppard AFB

Boar Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Huntoholic
Facebook: Garrickpfromthe603@yahoo.com

Hogs near Sheppard AFB

Unread postby Huntoholic » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:10 am

I’m headed down Sheppard AFB in two weeks for school and I will be stationed there for 3 months. I’ve been trying to find a place to hunt hogs near by and I have been unsuccessful so far. Could anyone steer me in the right direction to some nearby hog hunting opportunities? Thank you!

Boogieman1
500 Club

Re: Hogs near Sheppard AFB

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:12 am

What’s bringing u to Shepherd? Tech school? Been so long for me I might be wrong but isn’t that the 82nd? Wanna say Services had there school there but I’m not positive. If I were u I would run an add or Craigslist saying soldier wanting to kill a hog. Believe most true Americans would be ecstatic to help u in your quest. I’m 5 hrs away but if u can’t find no one close I’d put u in a hog area free of charge. I never thought to look into base hunting opportunity while I was in. Believe it is often pretty bueno from I have heard.
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:22 am

Isn’t that Dave T’s home court? Maybe he will stumble onto this and put u in the right direction. I know he sees a ton of hogs.
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
Huntoholic
Facebook: Garrickpfromthe603@yahoo.com

Unread postby Huntoholic » Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:39 pm

Boogieman1 wrote:What’s bringing u to Shepherd? Tech school? Been so long for me I might be wrong but isn’t that the 82nd? Wanna say Services had there school there but I’m not positive. If I were u I would run an add or Craigslist saying soldier wanting to kill a hog. Believe most true Americans would be ecstatic to help u in your quest. I’m 5 hrs away but if u can’t find no one close I’d put u in a hog area free of charge. I never thought to look into base hunting opportunity while I was in. Believe it is often pretty bueno from I have heard.

I recently transferred into the Air National Guard from the Marines and now I’m going to tech school for the F-15. That’s a great idea about Craigslist, I’ll definitely give that a try. I try to hunt or fish everywhere the service takes me, it’s been a great ride so far! Thank you for the advice and the help!
Jlingle

Unread postby Jlingle » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:33 am

Just north of you in Oklahoma is the Waurika wildlife management area, on the north end of lake waurika. I’ve heard there’s lots of hogs there. Maybe give that a look?

• Advertisement

Return to “Boar Hunting”