Day 10 and almost gettin em

Boar Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

buttonbuck
500 Club

Day 10 and almost gettin em

Unread postby buttonbuck » Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:52 pm

Walked for 4 hours, bumped a sounder once. Went through some god awful brush back to a honey hole. Bumped 3 deer on a steep ridge that yelled at me for over 5 min. Everytime id move down the creek and get around the bend they’d yell at me more. Hour before dark I found hog sign at the bottom of the creek going up a hill. Followed it back to oak and heard em in bowl 200 yards away. Stalked to it and its some huge hogs bedded on the upper center of the bowl. I was exposed on the ridge so I moved down the very steep ridge only when the hogs moved. Got 48 yards from em when they fed up the hill. I ran up the hill while their moving loud through the leaves and followed em into thick as stuff (like a thicket of slick young trees with vines growing on em) stopped 50 yards in and listen to em grunting about 30 yards away. It was too dark and after trying weave arrows around that crap last meet up I turned around. They where some big dudes man.

Side note. Found a beaver dead head. Pretty cool. Has Orange teeth and is in mint condition. Beavers also made me a bada** walking stick I found months ago. Its 5’ tall and the top is chewed into a mohawk shape and bottom is a point.got teeth marks all over it. Super strong

backstraps

Re: Day 10 and almost gettin em

Unread postby backstraps » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:07 pm

Sounds like a lot of fun! :clap:

Beaver teeth and the walking stick should be incorporated together somehow... 8-)
buttonbuck
500 Club

Re: Day 10 and almost gettin em

Unread postby buttonbuck » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:43 pm

backstraps wrote:Sounds like a lot of fun! :clap:

Beaver teeth and the walking stick should be incorporated together somehow... 8-)

Thats a great idea

• Advertisement

Return to “Boar Hunting”