Wish I'd Been There!

Bird Beast Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Hurricane

Wish I'd Been There!

Unread postby Hurricane » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:29 am

A friend and I just returned from Oklahoma hunting Rio's. Unfortunately I didn't have any luck but could have filled a semi with hens!! But my friend did have some luck and I thought I would share this rather unusual event....

On the evening of day two of a three day hunt my friend sets out a couple of decoys, a B-mobile and an off brand hen. After a long afternoon wait, 4 gobblers round the corner of the food plot, see the decoys and head for them at a run. My friend gets not one, but two gobblers and the best is yet to come....the second gobbler was apparently shot a bit low and he took off running. When he took off a bobcat burst out of the brush, chases him down and pounces on him!!!! Oh how I wish I had been there, not only to see the actual event but to see the bewildered look on my friends face!!! That old bobcat was pretty reluctant to give up his dinner as well!!

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Wish I'd Been There!

Unread postby dan » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:32 am

You need to be video taping that stuff.. :shock:
Hurricane

Unread postby Hurricane » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:26 pm

dan wrote:You need to be video taping that stuff.. :shock:

Don't I know it! That would have been a pretty cool clip, but I was about two miles away hunting another property when it happened and this friend of mine is definitely not good with gadgets :cry: :cry:
WiBowhuntress

Unread postby WiBowhuntress » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:44 am

Would definately have loved to see the look on your friends face too...bet it was priceless!!
huntinnurse
500 Club

Unread postby huntinnurse » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:15 pm

What a story!!!!! Boy Kim, OK really doesn't want to give it up to you very easily does it?
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.John 3:16 KJV
Hurricane

Unread postby Hurricane » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:02 pm

huntinnurse wrote:OK really doesn't want to give it up to you very easily does it?

IL isn't any better!!

• Advertisement

Return to “Turkey Hunting”