Forgot to Apply..

Bird Beast Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Czabs
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Behind-T ... 0697772652

Forgot to Apply..

Unread postby Czabs » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:46 pm

Well I realized that I forgot to apply for my spring turkey tag...pretty bummed I won't be getting 1st week. I'll have to buy one over the counter :oops:

tim
500 Club

Re: Forgot to Apply..

Unread postby tim » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:35 am

dont feel bad czabs, every year that times rolls around and i pass, i even own my own land but never turkey hunted. maybe one year ill just go ahead and try. my wifes uncle likes it better than deer hunting :roll: thats pretty hard to believe but thats what he says.
Czabs
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Behind-T ... 0697772652

Unread postby Czabs » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:43 pm

There is no way killing a bird is even comparable to killing a deer in my book but to each their own. I have buddies that like waterfowl over deer..less people bothering me in the woods I guess.. :D
Bowhunting Brian
500 Club

Unread postby Bowhunting Brian » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:03 pm

I can't really say where I put turkey hunting on the "fun-meter" comparing with deer. It's a different kind of hunt all together. It is a blast. It's fun hunting an animal with calls and one that calls back. you gotta try it if you havn't. they are easier to get out of the woods too. lol
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 am

tim wrote:dont feel bad czabs, every year that times rolls around and i pass, i even own my own land but never turkey hunted. maybe one year ill just go ahead and try. my wifes uncle likes it better than deer hunting :roll: thats pretty hard to believe but thats what he says.

need some help ;) 8-) :lol:
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:13 am

Bowhunting Brian wrote:I can't really say where I put turkey hunting on the "fun-meter" comparing with deer.

your kidding ....i like turkey hunting better then bow hunting .....theres nothing like a gobbler gobbling in your face at 20 yards and then fanning out right in front of you
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:17 am

Czabs wrote:Well I realized that I forgot to apply for my spring turkey tag...pretty bummed I won't be getting 1st week. I'll have to buy one over the counter :oops:

i hear you can only applie for the first season twice in a row the thrid year you dont get it .....ull get by passed cuz they want to give every one a chance ....it seems that every one like the frist season...i found out the hard way ... i missed two seasons becuase of it...so i bounce them around ..one year ill take 1st then the next ill take , 2nd and so on and then move back to the first
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:06 pm

BigHunt wrote:
Czabs wrote:Well I realized that I forgot to apply for my spring turkey tag...pretty bummed I won't be getting 1st week. I'll have to buy one over the counter :oops:

i hear you can only applie for the first season twice in a row the thrid year you dont get it .....ull get by passed cuz they want to give every one a chance ....it seems that every one like the frist season...i found out the hard way ... i missed two seasons becuase of it...so i bounce them around ..one year ill take 1st then the next ill take , 2nd and so on and then move back to the first

SO is this my year then bighunt? I applied for the first week the last two years and the first year I got "awarded" the second to last season, and last year I was oh so fortunate to get the 3rd week. I hate the DNR that's messed up and I better get first period this year!

:obscene-moneypiss: on the DNR
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind." Fred Bear
Brad

Unread postby Brad » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:16 pm

I got 1st season in 2010, did not get it in 2011, so when I applied this year (for 2012) it said I had a preference point. I think that means I will be dropping the bowstring in the first season in 2012 (hopefully)!
BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:19 pm

I didn't get a preference point because I "drew" meaning I got the bottom of the barrel tags which gave me the latest seasons before they went OTC
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind." Fred Bear
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:19 pm

BackWoodsHunter wrote:
BigHunt wrote:

SO is this my year then bighunt? I applied for the first week the last two years and the first year I got "awarded" the second to last season, and last year I was oh so fortunate to get the 3rd week. I hate the DNR that's messed up and I better get first period this year!

When I fill out my application I only choose the first or second period. Doing this I get a tag every other year. If I don't get either one of those I don't bother hunting turkey so it doesn't bother me if I get a tag every other year. The public I hunt is screwed up after the second period anyway.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Brad

Unread postby Brad » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:26 pm

Same here, if you take more than two choices they wont give you what you want most of the time, they will give you something you will take. I only go for first season. In zone one there are always tags left for 4th 5th and 6th for sure and even some in the 3rd.
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:54 pm

BackWoodsHunter wrote:
BigHunt wrote:

it might be dude youll have to wait and see my freind...let me tell ya it sucks when it happends
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:10 pm

Do you WI residents like your spring turkey application in December? If not, I would push your DNR to move it to Jan

Even in MI, the state all residents like to bash, get to apply after Deer season. I think it is Jan 1 thru Feb 1. Then they draw in March for an April, May season. If we can do that any state can.
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
NightwishMike
500 Club

Unread postby NightwishMike » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:24 pm

Uncle Lou wrote:Do you WI residents like your spring turkey application in December? If not, I would push your DNR to move it to Jan

Even in MI, the state all residents like to bash, get to apply after Deer season. I think it is Jan 1 thru Feb 1. Then they draw in March for an April, May season. If we can do that any state can.

Kinda sneaks up on you but with a few clicks on the DNR website your app is done. I guess I don't mind.

• Advertisement

Return to “Turkey Hunting”