WI Zone D Youth Bear Tag Giveaway

The Beast’s of the North woods. Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

The Deerstroyer

WI Zone D Youth Bear Tag Giveaway

Unread postby The Deerstroyer » Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:22 pm

Hey Guys,

I'm new to posting so hopefully I'm not breaking any rules. I have a friend who is not on the forum and has a WI Zone D Bear tag. He would like to donate it to a youth as he drew a tag for the wrong zone. Wisconsin changed their zones this year and he made a mistake picking the wrong zone. Obviously he wants to donate this to a youth as it's an admirable thing to do but also it will allow him to maintain all his bear points for a later date.

If anyone is interested please message me and I will get your information to pass on to my friend.

Mountain Man
500 Club

Re: WI Zone D Youth Bear Tag Giveaway

Unread postby Mountain Man » Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:17 pm

His points should go back to zero when a tag gets transferred to a youth. You might want to check with him on that unless the DNR made some kind of exception for him.
The Deerstroyer

Unread postby The Deerstroyer » Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:10 pm

Honestly I am new to Wisconsin and I have never had a bear tag. He is the one who told me that if he transfers his tag to a youth that he will retain his points.
Ol Split ( ) Toes
500 Club

Unread postby Ol Split ( ) Toes » Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:17 pm

Yeah I'd have him double check that, whenever a permit is drawn his points will be at zero. Otherwise everybody and there brother would just keep transfering to there kid and getting a tag every year.
The Deerstroyer

Unread postby The Deerstroyer » Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm

Well, yes if you draw your points would be at zero. But he told me that he would regain his points if he transferred it to a youth. I do see a section on the transfer application form that says "Transfer to a Minor: Transferee is a minor under the age of 18 at time of transfer, is eligible to use the approval, and has NOT
been previously transferred a Class A Bear approval."

So maybe it can only be done once per youth. But I have had several people tell me they have heard of this. However you do make a good point about the idea of transferring points to a youth every year. I see how that would be unlikely and problematic.
Ol Split ( ) Toes
500 Club

Unread postby Ol Split ( ) Toes » Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:30 am

https://dnr.wisconsin.gov/permits/permittransfers.html

He will lose them, transforee gets to keep any accumulated points. Transforer will lose any accumulated points.
Mike Foss
500 Club

Unread postby Mike Foss » Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:43 am

Definitely will loose any points accumulated, but it’s mighty nice that he decided to give a youth a great hunt. Will be one excited kid out there.
The Deerstroyer

Unread postby The Deerstroyer » Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:50 am

Hey guys,

I did a little more research and you are all correct. He will lose his points, so thank you so much for all your help.

• Advertisement

Return to “Bear Hunting”