2021 Wisconsin Act 14

The Beast’s of the North woods. Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Mike Foss
500 Club

2021 Wisconsin Act 14

Unread postby Mike Foss » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:06 am

Want to get the word out and can't remember if something was already posted on this. Don't know why they passed this new rule but with a little extra muscle, cut bottom and top caps do the same thing. Click on the link https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/2021/related/acts/14

john1984

Re: 2021 Wisconsin Act 14

Unread postby john1984 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:05 am

Mike Foss wrote:Want to get the word out and can't remember if something was already posted on this. Don't know why they passed this new rule but with a little extra muscle, cut bottom and top caps do the same thing. Click on the link https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/2021/related/acts/14

I already posted this . viewtopic.php?f=7&t=58603
8-)

I'm glad they made this change.
Mike Foss
500 Club

Unread postby Mike Foss » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:22 am

john1984 wrote:
Mike Foss wrote:Want to get the word out and can't remember if something was already posted on this. Don't know why they passed this new rule but with a little extra muscle, cut bottom and top caps do the same thing. Click on the link https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/2021/related/acts/14

I already posted this . viewtopic.php?f=7&t=58603
8-)

I'm glad they made this change.

I wanted to post the actual Bill not just a comment
john1984

Unread postby john1984 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:38 am

A 2' by 2' piece of plywood is ALOT lighter than a thick 2' wide slice of log.

All 3 of my current bait sites have plywood. 2 are secured to the bottom with screws.

I can dig a hole , then cover up that hole with the plywood.

I see alot of old hollow logs in the woods that are split in half. Maybe screws would help strengthen the hollow logs and support it from splitting in 2.

When the bottom cap is "secured" with screws the bears have to work alittle more to get the bait out if you have a smaller hole in the hollow log.

I hope WI makes more changes to it bear hunting laws. Like increasing the bait limit and allowing meat
Mike Foss
500 Club

Unread postby Mike Foss » Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:40 am

john1984 wrote:A 2' by 2' piece of plywood is ALOT lighter than a thick 2' wide slice of log.

All 3 of my current bait sites have plywood. 2 are secured to the bottom with screws.

I see alot of old hollow logs in the woods that are split in half. Maybe screws would help strengthen the hollow logs and support it from splitting in 2.

When the bottom cap is "secured" with screws the bears have to work alittle more to get the bait out if you have a smaller hole in the hollow log.

I hope WI makes more changes to it bear hunting laws. Like increasing the bait limit and allowing meat

Not a good idea... that's all we need is more wolves at the bait stations
Ol Split ( ) Toes
500 Club

Unread postby Ol Split ( ) Toes » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:15 am

Mike Foss wrote:
john1984 wrote:A 2' by 2' piece of plywood is ALOT lighter than a thick 2' wide slice of log.

I agree I like baits to be as natural as possible no need for plywood, I also don't think I'd like to sit for 6 hrs with a stinky beaver carcass blowing in my face.
john1984

Unread postby john1984 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:30 am

Ol Split ( ) Toes wrote:
Mike Foss wrote:

I agree I like baits to be as natural as possible no need for plywood, I also don't think I'd like to sit for 6 hrs with a stinky beaver carcass blowing in my face.

I'd like to have the choice to use meat. What do you care if someone else uses meat at their bait site?? If it were legal.

These hollow logs don't look natural at all to me. They look like they were processed with a chainsaw
Mike Foss
500 Club

Unread postby Mike Foss » Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:27 pm

john1984 wrote:
Ol Split ( ) Toes wrote:
Mike Foss wrote:

I'd like to have the choice to use meat.What do you care if someone else uses meat at their bait site?? If it were legal.

. These hollow logs don't look natural at all to me look like they were processed with a chainsaw

Personally, if it were legal I don't care if you would like to use meat for your bait stations but as the old saying goes you are what you eat, I like my bear meat to be tasty sweet so I would rather have them dine on sweets and natural food sources then a diet of meat. Wisconsin already has a great set of bear-baiting rules and regulations and if it's not broken then why fix it.
john1984

Unread postby john1984 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:37 pm

True. I wouldn't use much meat at all even if it were legal.

Take Michigan for instance, they recently outlawed baiting with chocolate. I bet the bear bait dealers with M&M's in there trail mix don't like that law :lol:

Nice not having to sort through stuff just because there might be some it's and bits of meat or chocolate in it.

• Advertisement

Return to “Bear Hunting”