Michigan third season

The Beast’s of the North woods. Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

homelessadam

Michigan third season

Unread postby homelessadam » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:35 am

Noticed the UP 3rd season tags don’t require a long wait. For people that have hunted it. Does the earlier hunting pressure make it tough or is it worth baiting and hunting in the 3rd season.

tundra

Re: Michigan third season

Unread postby tundra » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:25 pm

You can draw almost every year 3rd week, however its for residents only.... last year, for example Amasa Unit of which I am in only gave out 14 non resident tags,,,,, it will be even less this year
Swampman636

Unread postby Swampman636 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:25 pm

Hey guys,
I’ve been hunting deer since I was a very young lad and now I’m 36. I’ve been putting in for elk and bear (as a resident) for a few years now. I currently have 2 points for bear and I’d like to try an cut my teeth on them this year. Any recommendations, tips, ect. Would be much welcomed and appreciated!! Thanks!
218er
500 Club

Unread postby 218er » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:04 am

Google bear hunting podcast through SoundCloud. The guy that runs the podcast hunts Michigan third season and he has a couple podcast devoted directly to explaining his hunts and approach to them.
Persistence is undefeated.
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:38 pm

I last hunted bear in the UP in 2014, in the Gwin Unit. I didn't need very many points for first season. Think I had 5 and needed 3. I thought that Newberry takes the most points to draw first season.

Got a friend who used to hunt baraga or the next unit in second week. I will try to get more info
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com

• Advertisement

Return to “Bear Hunting”