DIY Bear Hunt? What Guide? So many what ifs.....

The Beast’s of the North woods. Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

365buckin

DIY Bear Hunt? What Guide? So many what ifs.....

Unread postby 365buckin » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:31 pm

Does anyone know how a guy can hunt bears at an affordable rate and not have to wait 4 or more years for his preference points to add up high enough? 47 percent of applicants in Wisconsin zone C drew with 1 point. Are there any other states with better odds? Is an outfitter a must??? No Quota Zone in Minnesota???

Be in the woods as often as you can....and as long as you can!
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: DIY Bear Hunt? What Guide? So many what ifs.....

Unread postby dan » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:04 pm

No quota zone is over the counter. You just buy the tag... You need to do the research and find a hunting spot though... Its mostly private land, but hunting spots can be found or leased. As far as unit "c" in Wisconsin, its a pretty fast draw, if you can find a decent spot to hunt. Guides and outfitters are not a must, but it might be a good idea to hunt with one at least once before taking up bear hunting so you get to learn a little about bear hunting if you lack experience.
john1984

Re: DIY Bear Hunt? What Guide? So many what ifs.....

Unread postby john1984 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:24 am

I drew my first ever tag in 2014. I rented a bait site from a guide in zone C. He had no daylight trail cam pics during the hunting season, my rental bait site got logged and he had no back up baits to put me on like he said he would. But he had good pics during July and August, next time I'll do it myself around the same area and just find a darker remote area like dan says to do.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Bear Hunting”